열일곱

Ambivalent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh Minji! You made it!" Chaeyoung yelled as soon as she saw her friend walking into her party. It was the third week of summer and Chaeyoung was hosting a pool party, as always. It was an annual event actually, she just loved pool parties. The two girls hugged as they greeted each other followed by another short-haired girl's appearance.

"Alright, now that my girls are here. Let's get this party started!" Chaeyoung announced and everyone at the party cheered as they continue to enjoy the day. Minji followed Jungyeon as she said she was hungry and the two girls decided to grab something to eat.

The whole time, she had her eyes on most of the girls there. She didn't know most of the girls there, except the ones from her school. Other than that, all of them were wearing such skin-revealling attire. She felt slightly uncomfortable as she was wearing a pair of navy blue shorts and a rainbow-striped top which revealed half of her stomach.

Minji pretended to tie her hair up, as she felt most of the girls had their eyes on her probably judging the way she was wearing. Also, it was probably because she hasn't taken off her kimono cardigan too. Well, it wasn't her fault. She never liked swimming anyway, but since it was her friend's party she had to put that thought aside.

After a moment, Chaeyoung called for her two friends to join the pool volleyball match again as they won last time in Rome. Just when Minji was about to think of excuses to not go inside the pool, another voice cut her off.

"Yeah, come on. It'll be fun." Minji followed the voice and saw Changkyun and his friends standing in front of her. She made a confused face as she looked at him and then at Chaeyoung. "You invited him?" Minji asked, she didn't know that the two was close. "Yeah, I figured out it will be fun." she shrugged her shoulders. "Now, let's go!" Chaeyoung said as she pulled both Jungyeon and her.

Minji followed her friend as she jumped into the pool, at first her heart was racing because she was afraid it might be deeper than she thought but luckily it wasn't. After years, she still couldn't get rid of the fear every time she dipped herself in the pool.

The six formed a group like last time and they fought against Chaeyoung's cousins. Minji was a little doubtful because every year her cousins ruled pool volleyball. Chaeyoung would always complained whenever she lost against them, saying it wasn't fair and she'll win over them someday and judging by the looks it seemed that she wanted that day to be today.

All of them were in their positions, and just when the game was about to start, Minji could hear cheers for Chaeyoung ... and her. She tried to find the voice and saw Wonho waving in the crowd. She flashed a smile at him as she put her focus back on the game. As soon as the whistle blew, the opposite team slapped the ball to them.

Immediately, they scored a point as the ball was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter