Chapter 7

House Exchange

 

Sungjong couldn’t sleep. It was 12.40 am and he still couldn’t sleep. Back when he was in Seoul, in this hour, Sungjong probably was still awake, sang at a karaoke with his friends, or even went to a pub and drunk himself.

But he was not in Seoul now, he was in Busan. Probably there was no shop opened at this time. Sungjong was sure those people were already deep in their sleep.

‘Well, I think I can have a little walk right now.’

Sungjong woke up from his bed and wore his sweater, scarf, gloves, and shoes. Then, he went outside.

No street lights were on. No people walked around. No shop opened. Nothing. Just the moon and stars shined above him are the only companions he had at this moment.

But, Sungjong kept walking and walking without destination.

After about 30 minutes of walking, Sungjong arrived to somewhere, he assumed it was a playground, because, despite of the darkness, he still could see swings, sandbox, and seesaw there.

He took a seat on one of the swings hesitantly, because he was afraid the swing might be broken, not that he was fat anyway, but the swing really looked fragile. Fortunately, it was still okay after he sat on it. Then, he swung himself a little bit and started to hum some random songs.

He didn’t notice someone was approaching him until that person tapped his shoulder. Sungjong looked up to see Hoya stood beside him, smiling.

A gorgeous smile that took Sungjong’s breath away. A gorgeous smile that made his heart fluttered wildly. A gorgeous smile that made Sungjong felt thousands butterflies flew inside his stomach.

A gorgeous smile that made Sungjong fell in love again.

“Hey! Sungjong-ssi! Earth to Sungjong!”

Sungjong snapped out from his train of thoughts. “H… Hi, sorry, I kinda spaced out.”

“That’s okay. Mind if I take a seat beside you?”

Sungjong shook his head. “Of course not!”

Hoya took a seat on a swing beside Sungjong. “So, what are you doing here?”

Sungjong sighed. “I don’t even know! I just have nothing to do. So yeah, I took a walk and arrived here.”

Hoya laughed. “Seoul people sleep late, right?”

Sungjong nodded. “Yes, and I’m surprised to see Busan is already empty in this hour. While in Seoul, yeah, Seoul never sleep, you know?”

“I know. Anyway, speaking of Seoul, I’m wondering, why did you move from Seoul to here?”

Sungjong was taken aback because of Hoya’s question. He didn’t know if he should tell the reason he came here.

“Hey, if you don’t want to tell me, that’s okay.”

But, Sungjong wanted to.

“I broke up with my boyfriend, and I don’t want to see him right now. So yeah, I decided to move here for some months.”

Hoya frowned. “Sorry to hear that. I didn’t know th-“

Sungjong interrupted. “That’s okay. I want to tell you anyway. You don’t have to be sorry.”

The awkward silence engulfed the atmosphere after that. Sungjong hates awkward silence. As he was about to break it, Hoya asked out of the blue…

“You can cook, right?”

Sungjong was surprised. “How did you know?”

“Well, I saw you cooked an omelet, although it was burnt, but it still smelled good anyway.”

Sungjong memorized that embarrassing moment again, his face became red. “Ah, yeah, that time, when you came I really forgot to turn off the stove. But believe me, I’m not a careless person! It was pure an accident! I swear! I was actually a chef when I was in Seoul.”

Hoya grinned a little bit. “Yeah, I believe you Sungjong-ssi.”

Sungjong pouted. “Drop the formal act, I don’t really like it.”

Hoya’s grin grew even wider now. “Well, how about I call you Jongie?”

No one had ever called himself Jongie, except one person, it was no other than Junyoung. It was a special nickname between him and Junyoung.

“Jongie sounds great!”

And he let this man called him Jongie. This man must be (or will be) so special for him too.

“Then, I will just call you Hoya.”

Hoya smiled. “Okay then, so Jongie, since you were a chef before, I give you an offer to work as a chef in my restaurant.”

Sungjong looked at Hoya in disbelief. “You have a restaurant? Seriously? Where is it?”

Hoya nodded. “Yeah, it was not far from your house anyway. One of my chefs resigned one week ago, and I still can’t find his replacement. So yeah, since you stay here in 3 months, do you want to work at my place? I can’t pay you that much anyway.”

Sungjong answered immediately. “Of course, I would love to work in your place.”

Yeah, how come Sungjong say no to a gorgeous man like Hoya? Besides, Sungjong loves cooking so much, and he doesn’t care how much he will get paid, as long as the job includes cooking. Also, he had nothing to do here. He didn’t have a reason to say no anyway.

“Great! You can start working in 2 days. I will pick you up at 9 am.”

“Oh, you will pick me up? Thanks!”

“No biggy. Anyway, I have to go now. I still have works to do tomorrow. You should go home to anyway, it is kinda late already.”

Hoya stood up from his seat. Sungjong followed his action.

“Yeah, I think I should go home too.”

“Well then, see you in 2 days Jongie!”

“Yeah, see you in 2 days Hoya!”

They parted away from each other in different direction.

And both Sungjong and Hoya smiled like high-school-girls-in-love all night long.

~~~

A/N: I'm sorry I haven't update this story lately~ orz