Chapter 27

House Exchange

 

Myungsoo’s heart thumped as loud as the knocks he did on the door of Sungyeol’s house. He was so nervous yet happy because he could meet Sungyeol again after they didn’t see each other for 1 week. He tried to act normally, tried to be the stoic-Myungsoo, because he didn’t want Sungyeol know how excited he was right now. But, it was useless anyway. He couldn’t even hide the wide-smile that plastered on his face.

Then, when he noticed that the door was being unlocked, his heart started to beat uncontrollably too. He even felt that it was very hard to breathe properly at this moment. He remembered the last time he felt like this was when he proposed Siwan. The feeling he was feeling right now was exactly the same like at that time.

Then, his heart stopped beating, his breath also hitched at his throat as the door finally opened. It wasn’t because he was happy. It was because he was really shocked to see the one who stood in front of him.

“Hey, Myungsoo! Long time no see! How are you?”

“Sungjong, why are you here?”

Sungjong cocked his eyebrow. “Why am I here? Hello! I own this house, remember? Are you having amnesia now, Myungsoo?”

“Where is he now?”

“He?” Sungjong asked in confusion. He didn’t know who the hell “he” is that Myungsoo meant.

“Sungyeol! Where is Sungyeol?” Myungsoo shouted, made Sungjong cringed as he heard it.

“Geez, Myungsoo, calm your ! Just come in and explain this to me first, okay? Then, I’ll tell you where Sungyeol is.”

Myungsoo knew if Sungjong wanted to know about something, he wouldn’t stop asking about it. Besides, he needed Sungjong to know Sungyeol’s location now. So, Myungsoo had no choice but followed Sungjong into his house and explained everything to him.

~~~

Have you ever felt that your heart was pounding so hard until you could feel it through your shirt? If the answer is yes, then you have felt the same thing with Hoya. He swore he never felt this nervous before. Even when he took his final exam in high school he was not this nervous. Hoya never knew that doing confession was this hard. He couldn’t help but appreciated Dongwoo’s guts to confess to him before. Dongwoo must have been practicing it a lot before he did the real one in front of Hoya.

After he could calm his heart a little bit, he knocked the door several times. He noticed his hand was trembling as he did it. It was like the whole system of his body couldn’t even work properly at this moment. He cursed himself mentally for being so weak. A man should never be weak, Hoya believed it.

Once, when he heard the door was unlocked, his heart nearly burst out from his ribcage. And as the door was finally opened, he felt his heart dropped down suddenly. Yeah, the unexpected thing was coming. Sungyeol was the one who stood beside him now, not Sungjong.

“Hyung, I miss you!” Sungyeol said while hug Hoya. But, Hoya wasn’t responding to his hug, so he immediately released him.

Sungyeol pouted. “Yah, hyung! You don’t miss me, huh?”

“Where is Sungjong?” Is all Hoya could say.

Sungyeol’s eyes widen at the mention of Sungjong’s name. “How did you know him?”

“It doesn’t matter, Sungyeol! Now just tell me where he is!” Hoya shouted impatiently.

“Not until you go inside tell me the whole story, hyung!”

Hoya finally gave up at Sungyeol’s persistence. So, he could do nothing but decided to follow Sungyeol inside and told him what had happened between him and Sungjong.

~~~

“Wow, Myungsoo! I never thought that something like that would happen when I was gone!”

“It wasn’t like I had planned it to happen, okay?”

“But seriously, Sungyeol could make you move on from Siwan, he must be a really nice person, huh?”

Myungsoo smiled as he recalled his memories with Sungyeol. “He is.”

Sungjong smiled as well. “Yeah, I can see that, Myungsoo.”

Myungsoo had a hard time after Siwan passed away, Sungjong knew that. He remembered how lifeless Myungsoo was at that time. It was like there was no soul in Myungsoo’s body. After several months, Myungsoo tried to revive again. He realized he shouldn’t like this forever. He realized he still has life to live on. And he did it anyway. He could speak to the others again, he could go to work again, he could smile again, and he could laugh again. But, there was one thing that Myungsoo couldn’t do, fall in love. No matter how many boys and girls that Sungjong had set up for Myungsoo, he was never interested in all of them. But now, Myungsoo had found the second love, and probably the last love of his life. Myungsoo could finally move on from his old love. And as Myungsoo’s close friend, Sungjong definitely was happy for this progress of Myungsoo.

“Now Sungjong, tell me Sungyeol’s address in Busan!”

“Okay, okay, wait here! I’ll write it on a paper.”

Sungjong walked to his room to find a paper and a pen. When he found them, he immediately wrote Sungyeol’s address and came back to give it to Myungsoo.

“There you go!”

Myungsoo took the paper from Sungjong. “Thanks, Sungjong! I owe you one.”

“Yeah, you definitely owe me a big one, Myungsoo! Just pay me back with a Chanel bag when you come back here, okay?”

~~~

“Holy Jesus, hyung! This story is so wonderful! I definitely will use it in my next novel.”

“Yah, Sungyeol-ah, stop your chodingness! I’m being serious now, okay?”

Sungyeol furrowed his eyebrow. “Do you think I’m not serious here? Your love story with Sungjong is really inspiring me!”

Hoya sighed at his younger brother’s antics. How come at an emergency moment like this he could still think about his novel plot? Sungyeol was definitely something.

“But hyung, I’m seriously glad for you now.”

Sungyeol knew Hoya was never in love with Dongwoo, even Hoya never told him directly (he wouldn’t do it, Sungyeol was sure). Sungyeol was the one who like to observe people anyway. So, he could tell how people would act when they were falling in love. There would be a special glint in their eyes when they looked at his lover, there would be a reassuring smile on their lips when they heard their lover talked, there would be a tint of red on their cheeks when their lover kissed them, and there would be a nonsense jealousy when they saw their lover with someone else. Sungyeol could see all of those things in Dongwoo, but not in Hoya. At first, Sungyeol thought that maybe Hoya was just too good in acting, so he could hide it from the people. But, as the time passed by, he still couldn’t see. Finally he realized that his older brother never loved Dongwoo as a lover.

“Sungyeol-ah, I’ll be gladder if you just give me Sungjong’s address now!”

“Geez, be patient, hyung! I’ll write it now.”

Sungyeol took a pen and a paper that laid on the table and wrote the address underneath the paper.

“Here!” Sungyeol handed the paper to Hoya and he took it.

“Thanks, Sungyeol! You are the best!”

Sungyeol rolled his eyes. “Whatever! Now go to your princess already!”

~~~

“Will Hoya do the same like Myungsoo for me?”

“Will Myungsoo do the same like Hoya-hyung for me?"