Chapter 5

House Exchange

 

It was 10 am and Sungjong had came from the shop near his house (the woman from yesterday told him the shop’s location) to buy some food ingredients (Sungyeol’s fridge is empty, just like what Sungjong expected). He prepared the ingredients and started cooking immediately.

Sungjong was deep in his cooking. But, when he was frying an omelet, someone decided to interrupt him.

*Knock, knock, knock*

‘Who is that? Is it the woman from yesterday? Why is she here?’ Sungjong thought.

*Knock, knock, knock, knock*

“Sungyeol-ah, open the door! I need to talk to you right now!”

‘Wait, it’s not the woman from yesterday! It’s a man’s voice! I wonder who it is...’

Sungjong finally opened the door to find a stunning man, probably 2 or 3 years older than him, wore a purple jacket, white t-shirt underneath, dark blue jeans, and purple sneakers, stood in front of him with a shocked face.

“Who are you?” The man asked. His eyes became round like balls.

Sungjong giggled seeing that man’s expression. “I’m Sungjong.”

“Sungjong? Wait, I’m sure Sungyeol doesn’t have a friend named Sungjong!”

“Well, I’m practically not his friend. I just knew him from the internet.”

“Oh, okay then, but where is he right now? I need to talk to him.”

“He is in Seoul right now.”

“What? Why? When? How?” The man half-shouted.

“Well, I will explain everything to you, but not at outside, okay?”

Sungjong stepped inside the house, followed by the man behind him, and they sat on the couch.

Sungjong started to tell the man about their house exchange thing. “Here’s the story, so 4 days ago, I saw this house from a house exchange website. I’m really interested with this house, and I decided to send my house’s photos to Sungyeol-ssi. Fortunately, he is also interested with my house, so we decided to exchange our house for 3 months since yesterday.”

The man furrowed his eyebrow. “So, Sungyeol will come back 3 months later?”

“Yup, exactly! Well, unless both of us wanted to come back sooner or maybe stay longer here.”

The man frowned. “Gosh, how come he didn’t tell me anything about this?”

Sungjong shrugged. “I don’t know. Probably he doesn’t want to make his boyfriend panic.”

The man frowned even more. “For your information, I’m not his boyfriend. I’m his older brother.”

“Oh, okay then. What is your name, by the way?”

“I’m Hoya.”

Suddenly, Hoya smelt something was burnt from the kitchen.

“Err…, Sungjong-ssi, were you cooking when I came here?” Hoya asked hesitantly.

Sungjong was confused at first but he finally remembered he was frying an omelet just now.

“Oh ! I forgot to turn off the stove!”

Sungjong dashed to the kitchen, followed by Hoya. Fortunately, the kitchen was not burnt yet. Sungjong immediately turned off the stove.

“Phew, that was close! Sungyeol-ssi will be really mad at me if I burn his kitchen!”

Hoya chuckled. “Yeah, Sungyeol is not good at controlling his anger anyway.”

“I guess I’m really lucky then.”

“Yeah, definitely. Anyway, Sungjong-ssi, I gotta go back to my place now. It’s nice to meet you.”

Do you think Sungjong will let a stunning man like Hoya go just like that? Traceless? Oh no, think twice, guys!

“Wait, Hoya-ssi, can I have your number? Err..., I barely know someone here, you know? So yeah, maybe I can call you if I need help.”

Hoya nodded. “Yeah, of course! If you burn the kitchen just tell me, okay? I will be here immediately.”

Sungjong pouted and slapped Hoya’s arm playfully. “Hoya-ssi, stop making fun of me!”

Hoya made a fake-hurt face. “That’s hurt!”

Sungjong rolled his eyes. “Yeah, Hoya-ssi, whatever! Just give me your phone number already!”

Then, they exchanged phone number.

Little did Hoya know that inner Sungjong was doing his secret victory dance now.

~~~

A/N: Guys, if there's '......' it means it's only their thought, the characters don't voice it out loud. But, if there's "......" the characters voice their words out loud. By the way, HoJong finally met! XD