Chapter 11

House Exchange

 

The atmosphere in Hoya’s car was really awkward. Sungjong kept replaying his kiss scene with Hoya just now. Half of him was happy, but half of him was so confused. Why did Hoya want him to pretend that the kiss never happened? Did Hoya not want the kiss? But, if Hoya didn’t want it, he should just push Sungjong away from the start, Hoya was much stronger than Sungjong anyway, he could push Sungjong away easily.

Little did Sungjong know that Hoya really liked the kiss, he wanted more than that. He wanted Sungjong that much. He didn’t know it was because of lust or because he was slowly falling in love with Sungjong. He just knew that it would be so wrong if he kept wanting Sungjong more than he should be.

Fortunately, Hoya’s restaurant wasn’t far enough from Sungjong’s house, so they didn’t have to feel so tortured for a long time in the awkward silence.

Hoya cleared his throat. “Well, here we are.”

Hoya turned off his car machine and they got out from the car. In front of them, there was a building that Sungjong assumed was Hoya’s restaurant. The restaurant was not as big as Jiyeop’s, the restaurant that Sungjong previously worked at in Seoul, but it is nice and clean anyway.

“Let’s go inside, I will introduce you to the others.”

Hoya went inside followed by Sungjong behind him.

“Oh, Hoya-hyung!” Someone approached them once they were inside. The boy who approached them doesn’t look like a Korean at all. Sungjong thought he looks like a foreigner.

“Oh, Dongwoon-ah! I want to introduce you to our new chef. Tell the others to come here too.”

“Okay!” And with that the boy, who Sungjong assumed his name is Dongwoon, went away from them.

Not long after, he came back with 2 boys and 2 girls. Sungjong was surprised to see the 2 boys who walked beside Dongwoon.

‘Wait, aren’t they the 2 boys who I saw kissing when I first arrived here?’

Wow, the world is surely narrow, like people often said.

“Okay, everybody is here already. So, I want to introduce you all to our new chef. This is Sungjong who will help Dongwoon and Raina in the kitchen.”

Sungjong bowed. “Hello, I’m Sungjong. Please treat me well.”

“Okay, so I’ll introduce the others to you. This one,” Hoya pointed to the foreigner-looking man. “Is Dongwoon. This one,” He pointed to a girl with chubby cheeks. “Is Raina. And this,” He pointed to a girl with blonde hair. “Is Nana. This,” He pointed to a boy with big doe eyes. “Is Hyunseung. And the last one,” He pointed to a boy with heart-shaped lips. “Is Junhyung.”

Sungjong stared at the other people around him. Dongwoon and Raina was smiling at him, Junhyung and Hyunseung was too busy whispering at each other’s ears, and Nana, she seemed like she didn’t care about Sungjong at all.

‘Oh God, I hope I can handle this.’ Sungjong prayed silently.

“Okay guys, back to work. We will open in 15 minutes. Now go and prepare yourself.”

And with that the others go back to their position. Dongwoon and Raina went back to the kitchen, while Hyunseung went back to the counter, then Junhyung and Nana stood beside the door.

Hoya titled his head to Sungjong. “Wait a minute here, okay? I will give you the clothes to wear.”

Sungjong nodded lightly, and Hoya went to somewhere that Sungjong thought was his office.

Several minutes later, Hoya came back with a chef costume in his hands.

“Well, Jongie, you can use this. You can change in the changing room. Just go straight and turn left, there you can find it. And if you have finished, you can go to the kitchen. Dongwoon and Raina will help you there.” Hoya gave the costume to Sungjong.

“Thanks, Hoya.” He said and left to find the changing room.

After he changed his clothes, he went straight to the kitchen. There he found Dongwoon and Raina was preparing the ingredients.

Raina looked up. “Oh, Sungjong-ssi! Come here, don’t be shy!”

Sungjong approached them hesitantly, he didn’t want to admit it, but he was a little bit nervous.

“Sungjong-ssi! Is it true that you were a chef before?” Dongwoon asked him.

Sungjong nodded his head. “Yup, how did you know?”

“Hoya-hyung told us some things about you yesterday. You were from Seoul, right?”

Again, Sungjong nodded his head.

“I have a friend who had just moved to Seoul too. He said Seoul is awesome and really different from Busan, is it true?”

“Yeah, Seoul is much different with Busan. But, Busan is a nice village. This village is peaceful, I like it.”

“How about the restaurant you worked at in Seoul? Is it much better than here?” This time, Raina asked him.

“No, this restaurant is as nice as the previous restaurant I worked at. And I’m glad the people here are so nice, like you two.” Sungjong smiled.

“You are ni-“ As Raina was about to finish her words, someone interrupted her.

“Woah, this is the new chef?”

The 3 chefs looked up to see a man with brunette hair smiled at Sungjong.

“Dongwoo-hyung!” “Dongwoo-oppa!” Dongwoon and Raina said simultaneously.

‘Who is this Dongwoo? Another worker here?’

“H… Hi…” Sungjong greeted the Dongwoo man.

Dongwoo approached Sungjong. “Hey there, I’m Dongwoo, Hoya’s boyfriend. You must be Sungjong, right?”

Sungjong froze as he heard Dongwoo’s words. Sungjong was sure he didn’t walk from his house to here just now, but suddenly he felt his feet became numb. Sungjong didn’t know where the weights came from, but suddenly he felt his shoulder was heavy. Sungjong was sure he slept enough last night, but suddenly his head was so dizzy. Sungjong didn’t know if he had a serious ill or something, but suddenly he felt his heart was in pain.

‘So, he had a boyfriend already?’

“Sungjong-ssi! Sungjong-ssi!” Dongwoo waved his hand in front of Sungjong’s face.

Sungjong snapped out. “So… Sorry... I spaced out.”

Dongwoo smiled. “Don’t worry. So, you are Sungjong-ssi, right?”

Sungjong nodded weakly. “Yeah, I’m Sungjong.”

Dongwoo continued. “Hoya had said many things about you to me. Hoya even said that you are beautiful like a girl. I thought he was kidding me, but now, I believe him. You are so beautiful, Sungjong-ssi!”

Sungjong laughed nervously. “Thanks, I guess.”

“Well then, I have to go. Nice to meet you, Sungjong-ssi! Oh, Dongwoon, Raina, bye!”

“Bye!” Again, Dongwoon and Raina said simultaneously.

Then, Dongwoo had gone from their eyesight.

Sungjong sighed. ‘The world is never fair to me.’

~~~

A/N: Dongwoo finally came! And my ultimate bias (it's Dongwoon anyway) made his appearance here! XD

Anyway, thanks for commenting, subscribing, reading, and loving this fanfic! I feel really honored~ T_T