Chapter 12

House Exchange

 

“Come on, daddy!” The twins ran excitedly to the Lotte World.

Myungsoo chuckled. “Be patient, boys! The Lotte World won’t go away.”

Youngmin pouted. “I knew, daddy! But, I want to play soon!”

Sungyeol, who followed the twins and Myungsoo from behind, was really happy to see the family moment between them. Sungyeol was glad he could see this side of Myungsoo, the fatherly side that Sungyeol never expected Myungsoo to have it.

“Sungyeol-hyung, come on! Don’t walk slowly like a turtle!” Youngmin half-shouted to Sungyeol.

“Okay, sir!” Sungyeol walked faster to catch up with them.

Once they were inside the Lotte World, a clown greeted them. Youngmin approached the clown, pulled Myungsoo’s hand in the process. Myungsoo could do nothing but follow him too.

“Look, daddy! This man has a weird face! His eyes are so big! Oh, and his nose is so red! And his smile, God, it is so creepy!” Youngmin admired the clown excitedly.

But, unlike Youngmin, Kwangmin was scared with the clown. His face was so pale and he was about to cry when he saw it, and Sungyeol noticed this. So, Sungyeol bent down and hugged Kwangmin, tried to calm him down. “Kwangmin, it’s okay. I’m here. Don’t be afraid, okay?” Sungyeol patted Kwangmin’s back.

Myungsoo looked behind him to find Sungyeol hugged pale-faced Kwangmin.

“Yeollie, what’s wrong with Kwangmin?” Myungsoo approached them, followed by Youngmin behind him.

“He is afraid of clown.”

“Wha… What? I… I didn’t know Kwangmin is afraid of clown! I’m sorry, Kwangmin! Are you okay?”

Kwangmin nodded.

Youngmin tugged Kwangmin’s wrist. “Kwangmin-ah, don’t cry! Forget about the clown! Let’s play and have fun with hyung now, okay?”

Kwangmin nodded again and released himself from Sungyeol’s embrace.

“Are you sure you are okay, Kwangmin?” Myungsoo asked again, still felt unsure about Kwangmin’s condition.

“Yes, daddy! Oh, and Sungyeol-hyung,” Kwangmin titled his head towards Sungyeol. “Thanks…”

Sungyeol smiled to Kwangmin. “It’s okay, Kwangmin.”

“Come on, come on, let’s play now!” Youngmin whined.

Myungsoo sighed. “Okay then, what should we play first?”

~~~

Several hours later, in Myungsoo’s car…

“The kids look so tired.” Sungyeol said while admired the sleeping-twins from the rearview mirror.

Myungsoo also took a glance at the kids from the rearview mirror. “Yeah, I figured.”

“Anyway, thanks for today. I really had fun.”

Myungsoo smiled. “Don’t mention it, Yeollie. By the way, Kwangmin seems not afraid with you anymore.”

“You think so?”

“Yeah, he clung to you nonstop in the Lotte World, remember? He wouldn’t do that if he is not comfortable with you.”

“I’m happy that he finally feels comfortable around me.”

“It was surprising that he can be comfortable with you that fast. Usually, he needs a longer time to make himself comfortable with someone.”

Sungyeol looked at Myungsoo in disbelief. “Really?”

Myungsoo nodded. “Yeah, Sungjong for example, Kwangmin still feels uncomfortable around him, although he knew Sungjong for almost 2 years. I don’t even know why.”

“Wow, I feel honored.” Sungyeol said excitedly.

Myungsoo gave Sungyeol a playful smirk. “Besides, who wouldn’t feel comfortable with someone as nice as you?”

Sungyeol felt his face was hot suddenly, and his heart beat faster than its usual pace.”Gosh, Myungsoo, don’t complimented me like that!”

Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrow. “This is the first time I knew someone who doesn’t like to receive a compliment.”

“I… I think I don’t deserve that.”

As Sungyeol finished his words, they arrived in front of Sungyeol’s house. Myungsoo turned off his car machine and looked straight at Sungyeol’s eyes, but Sungyeol refused to look back.

“Who said you don’t deserve it?”

“N… No one said it. I… It’s just what I think.”

“Look,” Myungsoo grabbed Sungyeol’s chin, so Sungyeol would look straight at his eyes. “Be confidence, Yeollie! You are beautiful, you are cute, you are sweet, you are funny, you are… Perfect.”

“No, I’m not.” Sungyeol mumbled.

“Yes, you are. And even people said you are not, don’t listen to them. I like you just the way you are.”

Myungsoo suddenly leaned forward, closing his distance with Sungyeol, much to Sungyeol’s comfort.

‘What is he doing? Will he kiss me again?’

As Myungsoo’s face was already about an inch in front of Sungyeol’s face, they heard something from behind.

“Mm…” Kwangmin mumbled and stirred from his sleep.

Myungsoo and Sungyeol pulled away from each other immediately and looked at the twins. Both of them sighed in relief when they saw the twins were still sleeping.

“Myungsoo, I… I think I should go now.”

“Oh, okay.”

“Well, see you next time.”

“Yeah, see you.”

Sungyeol got off from the car. Then, he waved at Myungsoo for a brief seconds and quickly went inside his house.

Once, when Sungyeol was inside his house, he locked his door and leaned his back on it.

‘Gosh, I think I fell in love with Myungsoo.’

Little did Sungyeol know that Myungsoo was feeling the same with him.

‘Am I starting to fall for Sungyeol?’