Chapter 24

House Exchange

 

“Myungsoo!”

Sungjong was really surprised to hear the name that came out from Sungyeol’s mouth on the other line.

“Myungsoo?”

Sungyeol realized it wasn’t Myungsoo’s voice, but he couldn’t recognize whose voice it was. “I… I’m sorry… Who is this?”

Sungjong was still confused why Sungyeol mentioned Myungsoo’s name just now. But, he decided to shrug it off. It wasn’t his business anyway. He didn’t have a right to interfere Sungyeol’s life when he barely knew the latter.

“Sungyeol-ssi, it’s me, Sungjong.”

Sungyeol’s furrowed his eyebrow after the person on the other line told his own name.

‘Sungjong?’

Sungyeol remembered the last time he and Sungjong had contacted was about 2 months ago, when they gave some information about their houses’ locations. After that, they never kept in touch anymore. That was why Sungyeol couldn’t help but curious to know the reason behind Sungjong’s call. Without a doubt, Sungyeol believed that Sungjong wouldn’t call him if he had no reason.

“Oh, Sungjong-ssi. I’m sorry I didn’t recognize your voice.”

Sungyeol heard a giggle from the other. He thought Sungjong’s giggle was so girly, much more girly than his (people said that his giggle was girly, although at first he denied it, but then he realized they were right anyway).

“That’s okay, Sungyeol-ssi. We never contacted for some months anyway, it’s normal if you didn’t recognize my voice.”

Sungyeol giggled along with Sungjong. “Okay then. So, how’s Busan, Sungjong-ssi? Do you like to stay there?”

“Err… About that… Well, Sungyeol-ssi, actually I wanted to tell you something.”

See? Sungyeol’s thought was right. Sungjong definitely had a reason to call him.

“I see… What is it about?”

There was no answer after Sungyeol’s question. There was just a silence on the other line. It made Sungyeol a little bit terrified to hear the next words that would come out from Sungjong’s mouth.

“Err… I…”

“Yeah?”

“Err… can we return to our own house soon? I… I mean tomorrow.”

“What?” Sungyeol shouted, shock was clearly heard in his voice.

Sungjong knew this idea might be too rush for Sungyeol. Maybe this idea was interrupting the joy that Sungyeol felt in Seoul. He felt sorry anyway. But, Sungjong thought that he must go away from here. He didn’t want to face Hoya anymore. He was too tired to play hide and seek with him everyday.

“Can we return to our own house tomorrow?” Sungjong repeated his question.

“Return? Tomorrow? But, why?”

‘Damn, what should I say to him? I can’t tell Sungyeol the real reason.’

Of course Sungjong couldn’t tell the real reason why he wanted to return to Seoul earlier than he should be. He couldn’t say “Sungyeol-ssi, I fell in love with your older brother and he told me he felt the same too. But unfortunately, he has a boyfriend already. So, I should leave him because I don’t want to be a third person in their relationship.” Sungyeol wouldn’t appreciate Sungjong at all if he told that to him. Sungyeol would think negatively about him, and Sungjong didn’t want it to happen. He didn’t want Hoya’s younger brother to hate him.

“I have something to do in Seoul.” And that was what Sungjong could think at the moment. Just a lame reason that would make everyone became suspicious when they heard it.

Sungyeol just kept silent. His mind was still too busy processing what was happening at the moment. So, he couldn’t give a proper respond to Sungjong’s words. He didn’t even listen to Sungjong’s words anyway.

“Are you still there, Sungyeol-ssi?” Sungjong tried to confirm the other man’s presence after he heard nothing for several minutes.

Sungyeol immediately snapped out from his train of thoughts. “Ah, yeah, I’m still here.”

“Okay… So, have you thought about it?”

Sungyeol definitely had thought about it. And he thought it was a good idea anyway. Since Myungsoo didn’t want to see Sungyeol anymore, and Sungyeol didn’t want to be a burden for Myungsoo at the rest of his life, maybe it was the best for him to leave Seoul. Leaving his love for that beautiful man in this beautiful city and let the beautiful story that they carved together just would be a beautiful memory that would securely lock in his mind.

Sungyeol sighed before he gave his answer. “Okay, let’s return to our own house tomorrow.”

“Really?” Sungjong couldn’t believe what he heard right now. He almost thought that his request would be rejected by Sungyeol, but he was totally wrong.

“Yeah, really.” Sungyeol confirmed his last statement.

Sungjong sighed in relief. He felt like he finally could escape from the nightmare that haunted him these days. “Gosh, thanks Sungyeol-ssi! You are the best!”

“Don’t mention it, Sungjong-ssi. Anyway, maybe I should go to pack my stuff now.”

“Ah, me too! Well, goodbye Sungyeol-ssi!”

“Bye Sungjong-ssi!”

Before Sungyeol could hang up the phone, Sungjong managed to stop him. “Sungyeol-ssi!”

“Yeah?”

“Thanks a lot for everything.”

What Sungjong meant for “everything” here wasn’t just because Sungyeol wanted to switch place earlier for him. If Sungyeol didn’t want to do this exchange house with him, he wouldn’t stay in Busan, and if he wouldn’t stay in Busan, he wouldn’t meet that gorgeous man, the older brother of Sungyeol, Hoya. Sungjong felt very grateful to Sungyeol at this moment.

But, of course Sungyeol didn’t catch what Sungjong meant by “everything” here. So, he didn’t make it a big deal. “No biggy, Sungjong-ssi. I don’t mind to return to my house soon, I miss it anyway.”

Sungyeol could hear that girly giggle from Sungjong again. “Yeah, me too! Well, have a nice day, Sungyeol-ssi!”

“Yeah, you too, Sungjong-ssi!”

With that they hung up the phone.

And both of them thought the same thing afterwards.

‘Have a nice day? Of course not!’

How could they have a nice day when they would leave their loved one soon?

~~~

A/N: Just some more chapters and this fic will be done~ And I'm thinking of making a new fic~ =D