Chapter 6

House Exchange

 

Although Sungyeol’s watch showed that it was 12.40 am, he still wandered around Seoul. He was curious about the night life in Seoul.

It was surprising for him to see many shops and restaurants still opened at this hour. When Busan people should be at home and deep in their sleep now, but the Seoul people choose to stay outside just to have a midnight snack or drunk themselves with soju.

Sungyeol decided to take a break at a coffee shop after walking around 2 hours nonstop. He took a seat on a couch at the corner of the shop.

“Good night, sir! How can I help you?”

There was a young blonde-haired boy stood in front of him with a wide smile on his face, although the black circles around his eyes screamed tiredness. The young boy, Yoseob (Sungyeol saw it from his name tag), gave him the menu.  Sungyeol scanned the menu, everything looked so tempting to him (since Sungyeol is a coffee-addict), so he didn’t know what to order.

“Can you recommend me something to order?”

“Well, I su-“

“2 frappuccino please.”

Sungyeol and Yoseob looked up to see Myungsoo stood beside Yoseob. Sungyeol’s eyes widen. He didn’t expect to see Myungsoo here.

“Oh, welcome, sir! That’s what I wanted to recommend to him just now! Anything else you want?”

“No, how about you Sungyeol-ssi?”

Sungyeol snapped out from his train of thoughts as he heard his name was mentioned. “Err…, sorry, what did you say?”

Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrow. “Do you want anything else?”

Sungyeol shook his head. “No, frappuccino is enough.”

“Okay then, 2 frappuccino for you. I will bring your order immediately.” And with that Yoseob was gone from their eyesight.

“May I take a seat here?”

Sungyeol’s eyes widen even more. Sungyeol thought Myungsoo must be out of his mind. There were a lot of empty seats here, but Myungsoo decided to choose to sit beside Sungyeol.

“Ye… Yes…” Sungyeol stuttered.

“Thank you.” Myungsoo said while took a seat on the couch in front of Sungyeol.

Sungyeol noticed that dark circles around Myungsoo’s eyes. Sungyeol noticed that Myungsoo’s pale skin was even paler because the moonlight illuminated it. Sungyeol noticed Myungsoo’s blue shirt wrinkled here and there. Sungyeol noticed the tie that Myungsoo wore had loosened a bit. Sungyeol noticed-

“Why are you staring at me?”

Sungyeol looked away from Myungsoo immediately. He was so embarrassed because he got caught. He felt his face reddened. He hoped the darkness of the night will help him to hide it.

“N… Nothing…”

No, it was not the words he wanted to say.

He wanted to say, “God damn it Myungsoo, you are so handsome! That’s why I can’t stop staring at you!”

But, of course Sungyeol didn’t have the guts to say it out loud.

Myungsoo smirked. He saw Sungyeol’s eyes widen when he approached him. He saw Sungyeol checked him out. He saw Sungyeol looked away from him with reddened face when he caught Sungyeol stared at him. He was sure Sungyeol interested in him.

Sungyeol saw the smirk on Myungsoo’s face from the corner of his eyes. How he wished he could just swept away that smirk. ‘Damn it, stop smirking Myungsoo! You look so ing y with that smirk!’

Fortunately, Yoseob came to them in a good time. “Here is your order, sir! Enjoy the coffee! If you need anything else, don’t hesitate to call me!”

Once again Yoseob disappeared from their eyesight.

Myungsoo decided to speak this time. “So, how do you know this coffee shop?”

Sungyeol finally looked up to Myungsoo. “Well, just wandered around and found this coffee shop.”

“Oh, okay.”

Myungsoo took a sip of his frappuccino. Sungyeol couldn’t help but to stare at those thin lips.

‘God damn it Sungyeol, stop staring at him! You look like a ert, you know?’

Sungyeol shook his head. He knew he should stop staring at this gorgeous man in front of him. So, Sungyeol decided to play with the cup to distract his mind from Myungsoo.

“You should taste the coffee instead of playing with it, you know?”

It was like an instinct to Sungyeol, he immediately bring the coffee to his lips. One small gulp first, then another 3 gulps. Well, the coffee was indeed delicious.

“How was it?” Myungsoo asked, anticipating Sungyeol’s answer.

Sungyeol looked up from his cup. “It is really nice!”

“Glad you like it. Anyway, you have coffee on your upper lip.”

“Whe… Where?” Sungyeol touched his upper lip.

“Here, let me clean it.” Myungsoo took a handkerchief from his pocket, stood up, and wiped the coffee from Sungyeol’s upper lip.

Sungyeol felt his heart could explode anytime soon. Sungyeol felt the annoying butterflies flew wildly in his stomach. Sungyeol felt his throat was extremely dry suddenly, although he drank the coffee just now.

Sungyeol felt like he is in love again...

“There you go!”

Myungsoo went back to his position and Sungyeol suddenly felt cold because the lack of touch.

Myungsoo’s phone suddenly rang. He took it from his pocket and looked at the screen. Sungyeol noticed that Myungsoo’s eyes widen, just a little bit. Then, he picked it up.

“What’s wrong Yoona?”

Sungyeol felt tons of weight dropped to his shoulder. Sungyeol felt his head became dizzy. Sungyeol felt his feet even more tired and numb than before.

‘Of course a handsome man like Myungsoo is not single! How come I’m so stupid like this?’

Myungsoo’s phone conversation with that Yoona girl passed like a blur to Sungyeol. He was too busy to calm down his heart. Sungyeol didn’t even notice when Myungsoo hang up the phone.

“Sungyeol-ssi…” Myungsoo called Sungyeol.

“Ye… Yeah?” Sungyeol answered weakly.

“I really want to spend more time here, but I have to go now.”

“That’s okay, I probably should go home too.”

“Lemme pay your coffee, okay?”

“N… No, you don’t have to do that.”

“Well, but I want to.”

Myungsoo called Yoseob and gestured to give him the bill. Yoseob came to them immediately with the bill. “The total is 2000 won, sir!”

“Myungsoo-ssi, you don’t have to do that!”

“No, I’m paying. End of conversation.”

Myungsoo took his wallet and gave the money to Yoseob.

‘Ugh, I never thought Myungsoo is this stubborn. And God, why does he treat me like a girl?’

“Thank you, sir!” Yoseob took the money and walked away from them.

“Well, I really have to go now.” Myungsoo stood up. “See you next time, Yeollie!”

And with that Myungsoo walked away, leaving a blushing Sungyeol behind.

‘Damn, he even gave me a nickname now!’

~~~

A/N: Have you guys seen White Confession MV? MyungYeol and HoJong moments there made me squalling like a mad man! XD