Chapter 15

House Exchange

 

3 weeks had passed since Sungjong and Hoya’s fight. And since that day they never talked again. He still saw Hoya anyway, sometimes he would saw him with Dongwoo, and Dongwoo would greet Sungjong cheerfully everytime they met, Sungjong could do nothing but faked a smile.

Sungjong had already expected this anyway. He knew Hoya would not choose him. He knew Hoya would stick with Dongwoo.

‘Psh… What a liar!’

Sungjong believed what Hoya said 3 weeks ago was no more than bull. He believed those words are just sweet nothing. Just a trick that Hoya did to get into Sungjong’s pants, then he would leave him alone with nothing but pain that would slowly made Sungjong dying.

“Hey, Sungjong-oppa! Are you alright?”

Sungjong snapped out from his reverie. He found Raina and Dongwoon were already in front of him while gave him worry looks.

“Don’t worry, guys! I’m alright.”

Sungjong’s mind was in a mess right now, but he didn’t want to make people around him worried about him while they probably had their own problems too. He didn’t want to be a burden for the others.

“Sungjong-ah, you seemed a little bit off these weeks. What happened to you? You could tell us about it if you want to, you know?” Dongwoon spoke this time.

“Nah, maybe I’m just a little bit tired.” Sungjong tried to reassure the 2 chefs.

But, it seemed they didn’t believe Sungjong at all. “Oh, come on! We knew you are lying. Is Hoya-hyung the reason behind this?”

Sungjong was surprised by Dongwoon’s question. He didn’t know that he was that easy to predict. But he managed to stay calm and acted normally.

“Of course not, guys! How come you think that’s the reason?”

Dongwoon shrugged. “I don’t know. It seems that you don’t speak with Hoya-hyung for a long time.”

“Yeah, that’s why we assumed that you and Hoya-oppa have a problem.” Raina added.

Sungjong sighed. “We are alright, guys! Nothing is wrong with us. Probably beca-“

Before Sungjong could even finish his sentence, he was interrupted by his ringing phone. He quickly took it from his pocket and looked at the screen. He was really surprised to see the caller’s number. Although he already deleted that number from his contact, but he still remembered clearly whose number it was.

“Excuse me, guys! I need to pick up the phone.” Sungjong excused himself and exited from the restaurant.

Once, when he was at outside of the restaurant, he picked it up.

“What do you want?”

“Su… Sungjong-ah, I… Gosh, where should I begin?”

“Junyoung, if you have nothing to say to me, I would just hang up the phone.”

Before Sungjong could hang up, Junyoung stopped him. “Wait, wait, Sungjong-ah… I just want to say sorry to you. I knew I hurt you.”

Sungjong scoffed. “Wow, glad that you finally realized it.”

“Yeah… That’s why I’m calling you now. I want to apologize for everything I’ve done that made you disappointed at me.”

“I wonder what the hell is in your mind now. Did you break up with your secretary already and decide to come back to me?” Sungjong said in a mocking tone.

Sungjong could hear Junyoung sighed. “Sungjong, I know you are mad at me. But, really, I feel guilty to you. I knew I was wrong. I knew I shouldn’t betray you.”

“But, you did it, okay? You crashed my heart. You cheated with your y secretary behi-”

“Sungjong! Don’t you dare to say like that! Minwoo is not a ! It’s me who is a here!”

Sungjong rolled his eyes. “Tch… I can’t believe you even defend him instead of your 2-years-boyfriend!”

“Listen Sungjong, I don’t want to fight with you anymore, okay? I’m tired. I just want us to forget about everything in the past and be friends again. I loved you, Sungjong. I did. But I realized I love Minwoo more, even you knew me in a longer time than Minwoo. I’m sorry, Sungjong. I’m really sorry.”

Sungjong couldn’t even hold it anymore. Tears started to fall from his eyes to his cheeks. He was sobbing hard and Junyoung heard it.

“Sungjong-ah, please don’t cry! Don’t cry for me. I didn’t deserve your tears, you know? I’m bad for you. You shouldn’t waste your tears for me.” Junyoung muttered in a soft voice.

“Fine… I forgive you now.” Sungjong managed to say between his sobs.

“Thanks.” Sungjong could imagine Junyoung was smiling while he said that.

“One more thing…”

“Go on!”

“Thanks for giving me love in these 2 years. I will always remember about us.”

“You’re welcome. Thanks for understanding my feeling too. I hope you will find your new love soon.”

“I hope so. Well, maybe I should hang up the phone now. I still have works to do.”

“Me too. Bye Sungjong-ah.”

“Bye.”

Sungjong hang up the phone and started to wipe the tears on his eyes and cheeks. Of course he didn’t want to make Dongwoon and Raina worried about him even more. While he was busy wiping his tears, he didn’t realize that someone already stood beside him.

“Why did you cry?” The voice startled Sungjong. He stopped wiping his tears immediately and looked up the man beside him.

“I didn’t cry.”

“You’re lying.”

“So, what if I really did cry, huh? It’s not your ing business, okay? Just go away from me and go back to your boyfriend!” Sungjong half-shouted.

But, the man was stubborn. He didn’t even move an inch from his position.

“Fine Hoya, if you don’t want to go, I will go.”

As Sungjong was about to go back to the restaurant, Hoya gripped his wrist.

“Don’t you dare to lay a finger on me!” Sungjong struggled to free his hand from the grip.

“Listen to my expla-“

Sungjong snapped at Hoya “There is nothing to explain! You didn’t even talk to me in these 3 weeks! That’s the proof that you choose Dongwoo, not me! Just let me go, okay?”

Upon hearing Sungjong’s words, Hoya released his grip from Sungjong’s hand. Sungjong quickly walked away, left a guilty Hoya behind.

~~~

A/N: Happy new year, guys! Wish you all the best in this year~ ^^