Chapter 25

House Exchange

 

It has been 1 week since Myungsoo decided to leave Sungyeol and not showing himself up anymore in front of him. Outsiders would think he was selfish. Who wouldn’t anyway? He left Sungyeol after they made love in the night before. It was like Myungsoo just wanted to get into Sungyeol’s pants. But, it really wasn’t like that. Myungsoo wasn’t a jerk. He wouldn’t want to make love with someone he didn’t love. Yes, it means that Myungsoo loves Sungyeol.

Then, what was the reason Myungsoo left Sungyeol? Actually it was really an odd reason. He didn’t want to get hurt because of love anymore. He knew love hurts anyway. He learnt it before. Siwan already left a deep scar inside his heart. And Myungsoo didn’t want it to happen twice. He promised himself before that he wouldn’t love anyone else anymore. But, the promise was broken after he met Sungyeol.

When Myungsoo first met Siwan, he already fell in love head over heels for him. But, it was different with Sungyeol. It wasn’t love at the first sight, probably because Myungsoo’s heart was still attached by his old love for Siwan. But, as the time passed, Sungyeol started to grow in his heart. He wasn’t sure why, maybe because of his beautiful face, or maybe his sweet smile, or maybe his cute antics, or maybe because he cares with the twins, well, he couldn’t really tell. All that he knew was he was falling for Sungyeol deeper and deeper as they spent time together more and more.

*Ring, ring, ring, ring.*

The ring of Myungsoo’s phone gave him a shock, interrupted all of the thoughts in his head. He immediately took the phone that lay beside him on the couch. Before he picked it up, he checked the caller’s id first. He sighed in relief it wasn’t from Sungyeol, it was from Doojoon.

“Hey, Doojoon, what’s up?”

“I should be the one who ask it to you. What’s up with you? You are not going to office for 1 week already. Where are you?” The concern was clearly heard in Doojoon’s voice. Myungsoo felt sorry that he didn’t tell his condition to Doojoon earlier.

“I’m at home.”

“Home? Are you sick?”

“No…”

“Then, why are you not working? It’s really rarely to see a workaholic like you don’t go to office for this long. If you have a problem, I have time to listen now, you know?”

“Err… It’s about…”

“Wait, wait, you are fighting with your new boyfriend, aren’t you? What is his name? Sung… Sung…”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “It’s Sungyeol. And for your information, he is not my boyfriend.”

Doojoon scoffed. “What the hell? You two are still not dating? Oh, please! Just ask him out already, Myungsoo!”

“It’s not that easy, Doojoon!” Myungsoo said matter-of-factly.

“Why? Is this about Si-?”

Before Doojoon could finish his sentence, Myungsoo interrupted. “Stop it, Doojoon!”

“Come on, Myungsoo!” Doojoon sighed. “It’s time to move on! You can’t stuck in the past forever!”

This time Myungsoo just kept silent, so Doojoon just continued. “Hey, maybe I’m not really a religious person. I don’t really know about spirit and something like that. But, I believe Siwan up there is really worried to see you like this right now. If you love him that much, you won’t want to make him worry about you anymore, right? You want him to rest in peace, right?”

“Yeah…” Myungsoo whispered weakly.

“Then, move on! Start a new life with a new love! Give a chance to Sungyeol. Ask him out. Who knows he might be the one for you, not Siwan!”

“But, wh-“

“What if he refused you? That’s what you want to ask, right? I can guarantee he won’t do that! Damn, I even can see there is a sincere love from the way he looks at you. So, stop being a , Myungsoo! Be a man! Chase your new love, okay? Love might not come twice, you know?”

Doojoon heard a chuckle on the other line. He furrowed his eyebrow. “What’s so funny?”

“Wow, I never knew you are this wise, Doojoon!”

Doojoon rolled his eyes. “Hey, don’t underestimate me, okay? When it comes to works, you win. But, when it comes to love, I definitely much more experienced than you.”

“Yeah, yeah, I see, Mr. Love Expert.”

“Whatever you say, Myungsoo. Anyway, I have to go now. My cute blondie is here already. See you!”

And Doojoon immediately hung up the phone without waiting for Myungsoo’s reply.

“Daddy, was that the ert ahjussi?”

Myungsoo was surprised to see the twins already stood beside him. He wasn’t even sure since when they were here.

“Daddy, was that the ert ahjussi?” Youngmin repeated his question.

Myungsoo chuckled at Doojoon’s nickname by the twins. Although it wasn’t the first time he heard it, but he still found it funny. “Yeah, it was from Doojoon. Stop calling him ert ahjussi anyway.”

“You still hang out with the ert ahjussi, daddy?” This time Kwangmin asked, obviously ignoring Myungsoo’s order to not call Doojoon the ert ahjussi.

Myungsoo nodded. “Yeah, he is a nice man actually.”

“But, we don’t like him! He is disgusting!” Youngmin whined.

See? Even little kids noticed how ert Doojoon is. Myungsoo remembered when he, Doojoon, and the twins had lunch together long time ago, Doojoon kept giving flirty looks and kept saying sweet nothing to a waiter that served them. Of course the twins saw all of it. They were disgusted with Doojoon’s act. That was why since that time they called him the ert ahjussi.

Kwangmin nodded in agreement at Youngmin’s words. “Yeah, daddy! He is not like Siwan-hyung or Sungyeol-hyung!”

Myungsoo’s eyes widen as he heard it. He knew that the twins like Siwan a lot (the twins still don’t know that Siwan had passed away anyway, Myungsoo told them that Siwan moved to another country for his job). But, he never knew that they also like Sungyeol that much. Especially for Kwangmin, since he was afraid at Sungyeol first.

“Wait Kwangmin, you like Sungyeol? I thought you were afraid of him.”

Kwangmin shook his head. “Not anymore, daddy! Since we went to Lotte World together, I decided that I like him.”

“Speaking of Sungyeol-hyung,” Youngmin spoke while put his fingers to his chin, like a detective. ”where is he now, daddy? Why does he never come to see us again?”

Suddenly Myungsoo realized that Sungyeol never called him and came to his house again (the twins had no idea that Sungyeol came to their house for several times, Myungsoo hid it from them) since 2 days ago. Myungsoo was worried. What if Sungyeol was sick because of him?

“I also don’t know.”

“Then, why don’t you check him up, daddy! You knew his house, right?” Kwangmin suggested.

Myungsoo thought for a moment. It was a great idea anyway. If he came to his house and met Sungyeol now, maybe he could fix their relationship, and there was a chance to start a new life with his new love, with Sungyeol, just like what Doojoon said.

“Boys, I’ll go to Sungyeol’s house now. I’ll be right back soon, okay?”

“Okay, daddy!” The twins said simultaneously while waved their hands for a brief seconds.

 Then, Myungsoo went outside to take his car and sped off to Sungyeol’s house.