Chapter 14

House Exchange

 

It had been 3 weeks since Sungyeol had seen and heard anything about Myungsoo. He shamelessly must admit that he missed that stoic man.

‘Is it okay for me to miss him?’

The question has filled Sungyeol’s mind. He didn’t sure if it was okay to miss Myungsoo. Myungsoo was just a friend for Sungyeol. Sungyeol was just a friend for Myungsoo. Nothing more. They were not lovers. They didn’t attach in a relationship. But still, Sungyeol missed Myungsoo like crazy.

‘Does he even remember me?’

They never had a contact in 3 weeks. Sungyeol was hesitant, he didn’t know if Myungsoo even remembered him or not. Sometimes Sungyeol wanted to call Myungsoo, just to hear his voice was enough for Sungyeol. But, Sungyeol was afraid. Afraid that Myungsoo would ignore his call. Afraid that Myungsoo would be sick of him soon. Afraid that Myungsoo would leave him alone in the end.

*Beep beep*

Sungyeol was nearly jumped out from his seat when he heard his phone beeped. He took it from inside his pocket. When he looked on the screen, he saw a message for him. He quickly opened it, praying silently that it would be from Myungsoo.

Unfortunately, it seemed like God didn’t hear his pray. The message was from Woohyun.

 

From: Woohyun

To: Sungyeol

Sungyeol-ah, I know this is kinda late, but I really want to say sorry to you. I’m sorry for everything I’ve done. I’m sorry for hurting you. I’m sorry for not being a good person for you. I’m sorry for loving a different man besides you. You deserve a better man, much better than me. And I’m sure someday you will find that person.

 

Sungyeol just smiled when he read Woohyun’s message. The fact is Sungyeol had given apologize to Woohyun since a long time ago. Sungyeol realized it was not entirely Woohyun’s fault. A part of it was Sungyeol’s fault. Sungyeol was selfish at that time. Sungyeol knew he couldn’t force Woohyun to love him when Woohyun’s heart didn’t belong to him again. It belongs to someone else now, to Sunggyu.

 

From: Sungyeol

To: Woohyun

That’s fine Woohyun-ah, really. For your information, I’ve given you apologize since a long time ago. Oh, I also want to say sorry to you for everything I’ve done before. So, we are friends now, okay? ^^

 

From: Woohyun

To: Sungyeol

Of course, Sungyeol-ah! Who doesn’t want to have a friend as choding as you? :P

Anyway, where are you now? I haven’t seen you for almost 2 months? :(

 

From: Sungyeol

To: Woohyun

Yah! Stop calling me choding, okay?

I’m on a vacation in Seoul. You and Sunggyu should go here too. Seoul is a really wonderful city! *o*

 

From: Woohyun

To: Sungyeol

You are in Seoul? Alone? OMG! Are you alright Sungyeol-ah? ;_;

 

From: Sungyeol

To: Woohyun

Yah! Don’t underestimate me like that! I’m a strong man! I can protect myself!

 

From: Woohyun

To: Sungyeol

Whatever you say, strong man! Anyway, is there anyone hot like me there? :P

 

From: Sungyeol

To: Woohyun

Bleh, don’t flatter yourself! You are not hot, really! -_-

 

From: Woohyun

To: Sungyeol

Oh? Okay then, I assumed you found a super hot man there, right? XD

 

From: Sungyeol

To: Woohyun

Yeah, much hotter than you anyway! :P

 

From: Woohyun

To: Sungyeol

Really? OMG! Tell me about him, Sungyeol-ah! XD

 

Sungyeol really wanted to tell Woohyun about Myungsoo, but he felt like he was not that close with Myungsoo yet, so it wasn't the right time.

 

From: Sungyeol

To: Woohyun

Nah, when I go back to Busan I will tell you about him.

 

From: Woohyun

To: Sungyeol

You are no fun! ;3;

Anyway, I gotta go now! Sunggyu is waiting for me already. See you, Sungyeol-ah!

 

From: Sungyeol

To: Woohyun

See you, Woohyun-ah! Say hi to Sunggyu from me! ^^

 

That was the last message Sungyeol send to Woohyun. As Sungyeol was about to put his phone back into his pocket, his phone rang. He thought Woohyun was the one who called him. So, he picked up the phone without seeing the caller’s number first.

“What Woohyun?”

“Woohyun?”

Sungyeol froze at a sudden when he heard the caller’s voice. It definitely wasn’t Woohyun’s voice. It was Myungsoo’s voice.

“Myu… Myungsoo… Hi!”

“Who is that Woohyun?” Myungsoo’s cold voice made Sungyeol cringed.

Sungyeol couldn’t tell Myungsoo about his relationship with Woohyun. Sungyeol didn’t want to tell Myungsoo that Woohyun is his ex-boyfriend.

“It was my… friend.” Sungyeol replied hesitantly and Myungsoo caught it.

“You lied.”

“Fine, if you want the truth.” Sungyeol sighed. “Woohyun is my ex-boyfriend. He texted me just now to say sorry to me before you called me. So, I thought Woohyun is the one who called me, but it’s you actually.”

“So, are you together again now?” The coldness was still there in Myungsoo’s voice. And Sungyeol wondered if there was any chance that Myungsoo was jealous with Woohyun. So, Sungyeol wanted to find out.

“No, we are not. Are you jealous, Myungsoo?”

“No… I’m just… asking.” Of course Myungsoo would lie. Truth to be told, Myungsoo was really jealous to know that there was some other guy in Sungyeol’s life besides him.

Sungyeol rolled his eyes. “Yeah, whatever! Just tell me why you are calling me now?”

Myungsoo replied with his usual soft tone this time. “My friend will hold a birthday party tonight, and I want you to go with me too.”

Sungyeol startled at Myungsoo’s words. Myungsoo would take Sungyeol to his friend’s birthday party? It must be a big and luxurious party, considered Myungsoo is a rich man. And Sungyeol thought he didn’t deserve to be involved in something like that.

“Pa… Party? I can’t go!”

“Why? Don’t tell me you are just too shy to meet my friends?”

‘Tch, how come Myungsoo can read me like an opened book?’

“N… No, it’s not like that… I… Err… I think I’m kinda busy tonight.”

Sungyeol could hear Myungsoo scoffed. “I know you are lying. Stop being so shy and not confidence, okay? You will come with me tonight, no excuse!”

“B… But, I… I have nothing to wear! I didn’t bring my tuxedo! I can’t go Myungsoo, okay?”

“So, that’s the reason you don’t want to go?” Okay then, I will tell my driver to bring you a tuxedo to your home soon. I’ll pick you up at 7 pm, okay?”

“Myungsoo, I ca-“

And Myungsoo quickly hang up the phone, so Sungyeol couldn’t argue back anymore.