Chapter 22

House Exchange

 

The sunlight pierced through the window, forced Sungyeol's eyes to open up because of its brightness. He blinked twice to adjust his eyes with the sudden light that surrounded him. Then, he realized that he was in his own bedroom. He wasn’t even sure how he got here last night.

Sungyeol tried to remember what happened last night. ‘I was in my living room, with Myungsoo, and… making love…’

Sungyeol shivered at the last thing he remembered. The flashback of last night’s event was replaying in his mind. ‘Oh, !’

He stared at his lower parts and realized that he was wearing clothes. He didn’t even remember when he put them back on. Myungsoo must be the one who did it.

Then, Sungyeol turned his head to the side to find Myungsoo. Instead of found Myungsoo’s body, he found a folded white paper laid there on the pillow beside him. He reached out for it and unfolded the paper. There were some sentences written in black ink underneath the paper. Sungyeol immediately read it.

Let’s just forget everything that happened between us. We should just go to our own way from now on. I know it’s hard, but I think it’s the best for us.

Myungsoo

Sungyeol couldn’t believe what he had read. He thought his eyes were making fun of him right now. So, he re-read the letter several times more. But, everytime he read it, he caught the same sentences.

‘How could you do this?’

After what that had happened in these past weeks, after the “I love you” that came from Myungsoo’s mouth, after they made love last night, how come Sungyeol could even forget all of those things easily? And what was this “it’s the best for us”? Forget everything wasn’t the best for them. The best thing for them was Myungsoo should forget about his past with Siwan and gave a chance to Sungyeol to fill his empty heart.

‘I should call Myungsoo.’

He looked around to find his phone and saw it was laying on his nightstand. He grabbed it and punched Myungsoo’s number on the buttons (Sungyeol wasn’t even sure since when he could memorize Myungsoo’s number perfectly). Once when he brought the phone to his ear, he heard dial tones. Which means Myungsoo’s phone was active. That was a good sign. But, after several seconds of waiting the dial tones had gone, and there was a voice that told him to leave a voicemail.

‘Damn!’

He redialed once again, hoped that this time Myungsoo would pick up his phone. But, it looked like the luck was not at his side today.

Now, what should Sungyeol do now? Myungsoo wouldn’t pick his call anymore.

‘I think I should just go to his house.’

~~~

Sungyeol came to Myungsoo’s house with hope. He believed that he would find Myungsoo soon.

But, all of his hope crashed down as he heard the unexpected answer that one of Myungsoo’s maids gave to him. “I’m sorry, Sungyeol-ssi. Myungsoo-ssi isn’t here.”

“Then, where is he now?”

The maid shook his head. “I’m sorry again, Sungyeol-ssi. I have no idea where he is going.”

“Then, when will he come back?”

Again, the maid shook his head. “I don’t know, Sungyeol-ssi.”

Sungyeol sighed. “Fine, thanks for the information.”

“You are welcome, Sungyeol-ssi.”

Then, Sungyeol stepped out from Myungsoo’s house with desperation.

Little did Sungyeol know that Myungsoo was in the house all the time, watched all of Sungyeol’s moves silently from behind the curtains.

~~~

5 days had passed since the day Myungsoo left Sungyeol with nothing but a bull letter. Sungyeol had tried to call Myungsoo again, but it was the same like the first time since he called Myungsoo 5 days ago. Myungsoo still wouldn’t pick up the phone, and that stupid voice always told him to leave a voicemail. Sungyeol had tried anyway to leave some voicemails, and also some messages, although he was sure that Myungsoo would ignore them.

Not only that, Sungyeol also came to Myungsoo’s house everyday in these 5 days. He always asked the same question. “Is Myungsoo home?”

And the answers that came from the maids’ mouth were always same too. “I’m sorry, Sungyeol-ssi. Myungsoo-ssi isn’t here.”

There was a time, 2 days ago to be exact, when Sungyeol stayed in front of Myungsoo’s house for the whole day. The maids who saw him kept telling him to go home. But, Sungyeol was a stubborn person. He kept waiting for Myungsoo to come. The maids even offered him some food and drink which he refused. He just stayed there without eating and drinking anything. When midnight came, his body had to give up. He was hungry, thirsty, and sleepy. He even had no energy to walk home anymore. Fortunately, one of Myungsoo’s drivers offered him a drive which he couldn’t refuse anymore (but, little did Sungyeol know that the one who told that driver to drive him home was Myungsoo himself).

*Ring, ring, ring, ring.*

Sungyeol’s phone rang at a sudden, snapped him out from his thoughts. Sungyeol immediately grabbed the phone from his pocket and picked it up without looked at the caller’s number first. “Myungsoo!”

“Myungsoo?”

~~~

A/N: Any B2UTY or Swooner here? If yes, have you seen I Knew It MV? Damn, words can't even express how happy I am to see Dongwoon's acting! <3