Chapter 21

House Exchange

 

Friday night is supposed to be spent outside, maybe like partying yourself out with your friends until all of you get drunk, or go to a romantic date with your lover. But, Hoya wasn’t in the mood for it. Not when he was in a mess.

So, what he could do now was laying idly on the couch in his living room and stared boringly at the TV screen in front of him. A music show was aired. There were some idols singing and dancing while showing their greatest smiles to the world, like those people didn’t have anything bugging up their minds. Hoya couldn’t help but wondering how the idols could fake a smile like that when he was sure they have a lot of problems. It is not a secret anymore how harsh the entertainment world could be.

When the TV showed a performance of a boyband called MyName (Hoya thought the boyband’s name is ridiculous anyway), his phone rang.

‘Probably it’s from Dongwoo.’

Oh boy, Hoya’s guess was really wrong.

Once when he took his phone from his pocket, he picked the phone up without looking at the caller’s number first.

“Hey.”

Hoya was taken aback to hear the voice at the other line. It wasn’t Dongwoo’s voice. It was Sungjong’s voice.

“H… Hi…” Hoya cleared his throat. “Is there anything wrong?”

Sungjong never called him before, so there must be something’s wrong now, Hoya could sense it.

“Hoya, where are you now?”

“Err… I’m at my house.”

“Where is your house?”

‘Wait, why Sungjong asking me where my house is? Does he want to come over or something?’

“Forget it! I’m still not good at finding places here.” Sungjong spoke again before Hoya could answer his question. “Can you just come to the restaurant now?”

“Now?” Hoya asked in disbelief.

“Yeah, now. I know it is late, but I need to talk to you about something now.”

“Fine. I’ll be there in 10 minutes.”

“Okay, wait for me there.”

And with that Sungjong hung up the phone.

Hoya sighed. ‘I wonder what Sungjong wants to talk about.’

~~~

Sungjong ran away from the stall to the restaurant. He ran as fast as he could. He didn’t care if his feet were getting numb. He didn’t care if his breathing became harsh pants. He didn’t care anything, except that he should arrive at the restaurant as soon as possible. He should meet Hoya as soon as possible.

The first thing Sungjong could see when he arrived there was Hoya that leaned his back on the restaurant’s wall, hands in the pockets, eyes stared at the nothingness in front of him, oblivious to Sungjong’s presence.

“Hey.” Sungjong tried to snap Hoya from his thoughts, and it worked. Hoya immediately turned his head towards Sungjong.

“Oh, hi, I didn’t see you come.”

“That’s okay.”

“So, what did you want to talk about?”

“So,” Sungjong cleared his thought. “I met Mrs. Gahee, Dongwoo’s auntie, just now. And she told me some things about Dongwoo.”

Hoya’s eyes widen. “What did she tell you?”

“She told me about Dongwoo’s past and… how you came to Dongwoo’s life.”

Hoya didn’t say anything, so Sungjong just continued. “I was surprised to hear about it. I never thought Dongwoo had to suffer like that. And you, you are his happiness. You saved him from the misery. You made him smile again.”

“Sungjong…”

“Look, Hoya, I don’t want to take someone’s happiness. I don’t want him to suffer like that. I think it’s enough for him. He should always be happy for the rest of his life. And the one who can make him happy is you. It’s just only you.”

Sungjong tried hard to hold his tears so it wouldn’t fall from his eyes. Although he knew his heart was in pain, but he couldn’t cry. He should be strong this time.

“Sungjong…” Hoya closed the gap between them so now their faces were just only few inches apart. “I don’t get what yo-“

Sungjong interrupted Hoya's words. “Let’s just forget everything about us.”

“What?” Hoya asked half-shouted.

“Yeah.” Sungjong sighed. “Let’s just pretend like we never fell in love with each other.”

“But… That’s impossible! I love you so much, and you knew it, right?”

“I knew it, Hoya. I knew. But, we are just 2 people that aren’t supposed to love each other! You already have Dongwoo who really needs you in his life. He probably can’t leave without you by his side. And if I take you away from him that means I also take his life away! I don’t want it to be happen, okay?”

“Sungjong…” Hoya wiped the tears that had fallen from Sungjong’s eyes. Sungjong wasn’t even sure when those tears escaped from his eyes. His effort to hold the tears didn’t succeed. “How about you? I don’t want you to get hurt too. I can’t see the one who I love suffers.”

“I’ll be fine, Hoya.” Sungjong tried to reassure Hoya and himself. Sungjong knew he wouldn’t be fine after this.

“No, you won’t be fine. And I also won’t be fine. I believe there are some things we could do now. We shouldn’t just give up our love like this, Sungjong. I can’t let my love go away this easily. Maybe I should just break up wi-“

Hoya couldn’t even finish his words because Sungjong crashed his lips to his at a sudden. Hoya’s eyes widen first, but then they fluttered close slowly as he savored Sungjong’s lips taste. How he wished he could just stop the time so he could just cherish this moment forever.

Sungjong pulled away first, and Hoya shivered because of the lack of touch.

“Hoya, if you love me, don’t you ever leave Dongwoo, okay? Promise me that you won’t leave him for my sake.”

Before Hoya could even register the words, Sungjong walked away from him. All Hoya could do was watching Sungjong’s back that slowly faded away in the dark.

~~~

A/N: It's not like I don't like MyName, in fact I really love them (especially Gunwoo)~ Don't misunderstand it, okay? ^^