Chapter 17

House Exchange

 

Hoya didn’t bother Sungjong anymore for the rest of the day. One side of him was happy because he could continue his works peacefully, but one side of him was sad because he thought Hoya was tired of him, so he finally decided to let Sungjong go away from his life completely. Just like what Junyoung did to him.

Sungjong sighed at the thought.

“Sungjong-ah, this is the 14th time I heard you sighing on this day! Come on, even the restaurant is closed, you are still sighing! Something is definitely really wrong about you!” Dongwoon’s whined startled Sungjong.

Raina giggled. “Yah, Woonie! You counted it?”

“How come I didn’t count it when Sungjong’s sighs were loud enough for me to hear!”

Sungjong shook his head. “Nah, I’m just tired.”

“I believed it’s about Hoya-oppa, right?”

Sungjong frowned. “No Raina! I told you just now, didn't I?”

“Don’t lie, Sungjong-oppa! Nana told me that she saw you argued with Hoya this afternoon outside the restaurant.”

Sungjong’s eyes widen.

‘What? So, Nana knew everything about me and Hoya? !’

“Unfortunately, Nana couldn’t hear what both of you said. So, she was not sure about what you and Hoya argued about.”

Sungjong sighed in relief. He was thanking the thick wall of the restaurant silently.

“So, what is it about Sungjong-ah?” Dongwoon asked again.

Sungjong saw the 2 chefs were giving him suspicious looks, and he was definitely not comfortable about it. It was like 2 polices were interrogating the criminal, and the criminal could do nothing but keep refusing to tell the truth.

“Okay, guys! I’m tired, okay? I need to go home. Let’s just forget about this conversation and let me go.”

Dongwoon and Raina looked at each other, as if they were discussing wordlessly about what they should do to Sungjong. Then, Raina shrugged, and Dongwoon nodded, as if he understood what Raina’s gesture means.

Dongwoon tapped Sungjong’s shoulder. “Alright, Sungjong-ah! We won’t pry you anymore. If you really don’t want to talk about it, that’s okay. But remember, if you need help just tell us, okay?”

Sungjong nodded. “Okay.”

“Now, just go home, Sungjong-oppa! You seem really tired.”

“Maybe, I should. See you, guys!”

“Yeah, see you!” Dongwoon and Raina said simultaneously.

Sungjong his heel and walked away. Both Dongwoon and Raina keep watching him silently until he faded from their eyesight.

“I think Sungjong-oppa really loves Hoya-oppa.” Raina said out of the blue.

Dongwoon titled his head to face Raina. “You think so?”

Raina scoffed. “Oh please! Even if I was blind I could still feel his love for Hoya-oppa! ”

Dongwoon shrugged. “Yeah, but we could do nothing though.”

~~~

“Yah, young man!”

Sungjong heard someone shouted when he was in front of a stall, but he was not sure it was for him or not.

“Yah, you! Red-jacket man!”

Now, he was sure the shout is for him. He turned his head to the left and to the right to find the voice’s source. Then, he saw a woman waved her hand in the stall. He recognized that the woman was the one who helped him several weeks ago, when he first arrived in Busan.

“Yah, come here!” The woman shouted again.

Sungjong followed the woman’s order.

“Now, sit there.” The woman pointed to a chair in front of her and Sungjong immediately did it.

“Yah, young man, I still don’t know what is your name. Mind to tell me?”

“I’m Sungjong, Mrs…. Err…”

“Gahee.”

“Okay. So Mrs. Gahee, thank you so much for showing me the direction to the house at that time.”

“Nah, that’s okay. I should thank you for driving me home too.”

“You’re welcome, Mrs. Gahee.”

There was an awkward silence after that. Mrs. Gahee kept playing with the cup she was holding, and Sungjong kept playing with the hem of his red jacket.

Mrs. Gahee broke the silence between them. “So, I was wondering…”

Sungjong finally focused his vision to Mrs. Gahee.

Mrs. Gahee continued. “I was wondering why you wanted to go to Yeollie’s house at that time.”

“Because I’m staying there.”

“You are staying with Yeollie?”

“No, I stay alone.”

Mrs. Gahee startled. “Wait, if you are alone there, then, where is Yeollie now?”

“He is staying in my house. We exchange houses for 3 months.”

“Exchange houses?” Mrs. Gahee looked even more startled. “I never knew there is something like that!”

Sungjong chuckled. “I didn’t know it too before.”

“So, do you like to stay in Busan?”

Sungjong smiled. “Yeah, definitely.”

“Anyway, have you known people who live here besides me?”

“Yeah, I knew some people here.”

“Oh, that's great! Have you met my nephew?” Sungjong noticed Mrs. Gahee’s voice seemed a little bit too excited as she asked this question.

“Your nephew? Who?”

“His name is Dongwoo.”

~~~

A/N: Sorry for the cliffhanger~ Anyway, some truth will be revealed in the next HoJong's chapter! ^^