Chapter 4

House Exchange

 

Sungyeol was still sleeping soundly although it was already 10 am. He was just too tired because of his journey yesterday. Moreover, Sungjong’s comfortable bed made him want to stay on it forever.

*Ding, dong, ding, dong.*

Sungyeol groaned. He really was not amused when someone disturbed his sleep time.

*Ding, dong, ding, dong, ding, dong, ding, dong.*

“God damn it! Give me a minute!" Sungyeol finally decided to wake up and opened the door.

As he opened the door, he was a little bit surprised and amazed to see a breath-taking man, probably around his age, wore a grey sweater, black jeans, and black and white sneakers, stood in front of him.

Sungyeol could tell the man looked surprised too to see Sungyeol here because his eyes widen a little bit.

Sungyeol decided to speak first. “How can I help you, sir?”

“Who are you?” The man, instead of answering Sungyeol’s question, asked a question back to him.

“I’m Sungyeol.” Sungyeol answered with a small smile. But, the boy didn’t smile back to him. He just kept showing his expressionless face.

There was an awkward silence after that. Sungyeol, who could never stand with awkward silences, tried to break it. “Are you Sungjong-ssi’s friend?”

The man furrowed his eyebrow. “How do you know Sungjong?”

‘So this man is Sungjong’s friend. Well, I guess I have to tell him about our house exchange. Besides, I know no one in Seoul, I think he could be the first friend I made here.’

“Well, it’s really a long story…”

“I have time to listen it.”

“Okay, I will tell you about it. But, can we go inside first anyway? It’s kinda cold here.”

The man nodded and followed Sungyeol to sit on the couch in the living room.

“Well, err… Mr…”

“Myungsoo, my name is Myungsoo.”

“Err… Yeah, so Myungsoo-ssi, I’m Sungyeol, I’m from Busan, and I exchanged house with your friend, Sungjong.”

Myungsoo gave Sungyeol a questioning look. “Exchange house? Since when did you two exchange house?”

“Since yesterday, and I assumed Sungjong-ssi also has arrived at my house in Busan yesterday.”

“And how long will you stay here?”

“For 3 months. After that I will come back to Busan.”

No words exchanged after that. Myungsoo just kept staring at Sungyeol with a blank face. Sungyeol became so uncomfortable (he never feels comfortable when people stare at him anyway) and kept fidgeting his fingers on the hem of his pink pajama.

And suddenly Sungyeol realized that he forgot to change his clothes.

‘Oh ! I’m still in my pajama! Great Sungyeol! No wonder Myungsoo-ssi looked at me like this! And God, why do I have to wear the pink one now? Why the hell I didn’t change my clothes before I opened the door?' Sungyeol mentally cursed himself.

“Well, if that’s so…”

Sungyeol looked up to find Myungsoo had already stood up from his seat.

“It’s nice to meet you, Sungyeol-ssi. I think I should leave now since I’ve disturbed your sleep time.” Myungsoo smirked a little and stepped outside.

But, Sungyeol didn’t want Myungsoo leave just like that. He didn’t know why but he wanted to know more about this man. Probably because Sungyeol knew no one in Seoul (let’s just exclude that Kikwang guy anyway). So, he chased Myungsoo down.

Sungyeol tugged Myungsoo’s wrist. “Myungsoo-ssi, wait!”

Myungsoo stopped on his track and titled his head towards Sungyeol.

“Err…, since I’m really new here, and I knew no one besides you, do you mind if we exchange number? Just in case if I’m in an emergency or something…” Sungyeol asked nervously. He was afraid Myungsoo would refuse to give him his number. And Myungsoo’s stoic face didn’t help to decrease his nervousness.

But, Myungsoo shook his head. “No, I don’t mind.”

And Sungyeol immediately felt thousands butterflies flew in his stomach.

~~~

A/N: Guys, I've decided from this chapter I will split the MyungYeol's part and HoJong's part. This chapter is MyungYeol's part, HoJong's part will come in the next chapter! ^^