Chapter 31

By Your Side

Jimin got out from his room complete with his school uniform. Almost immeadiately,  his head turned to side, to her room. He had never been to her room after all of that happened. But he never fail to take a glimpse at her room door everytime he got the chance to do so. He then walked away, down the stairs only to find his parent were just about to leave.
He eyed them with confusion as the both of them approached the front door
"Hun, we're going to Busan for several days. There's a course we both need to attend. Take care, ok?"
"Again?"
His mom let out a soft chuckle before walking over to him. She ruffled his hair with a light smile on her face.
"Since when did you care?"
Her soft voice muttering those words somehow hurt him.
She thought he didn't care? She really thought their absence didn't affect him?
"Don't worry hun. We'll be back in no time."
"Where are you going?"
The stuffy and nasally voice captured all of their attention. Mrs. Park eyed Sooyeon with concern.
"What's wrong with your voice?"
"Ah.. Flu.."
She hesitantly answered, refusing to confessed it was because she was crying the whole night.
Mrs. Park nodded, before pivotted her gaze once again to her pouty son. A peculiar sensation filled her, why would her son reacted like this? He never really had reacted whenever they had to leave him. They had repeatedly done that, and Jimin never really mind about them. He's a big boy anyway, she wouldn't thought he actually cared whether they were home or not.  If he really cared, why only he showed it at that time? What's going on in his mind?
"Honey,  what's wrong?"
She asked softly, really curious about her son's feelings.
Jimin slightly shrugged. He didn't know what's wrong with himself. So many emotions piling up in him, he never really realised what was up in his mind.
"You have problem?"
Her words cause him to look into her eyes. He really wanted to tell her. He need someone. He need someone to tell his problems to. Everything was too much for him to handle alone.
"Honey, we're late."
His father's voice snapped the both of them.
Mrs. Park took a last glance of her son before backing away. She then turned to Sooyeon, who was just staring obediently at them.
"Sooyeon, can you make breakfast for the both of you? I'm already late. I'm sorry."
"No.. it's okay. I'll do it. How about you guys?"
"We'll grab something on the way."
Sooyeon nodded lightly as a respond.
"Make sure you take the medicine for the flu. Take care, ok?"
"Okay.."
Mrs. Park once again set her gaze on Jimin.
"I'll get going. Bye."
She then left, followed by her husband.
Once the both of them left, a stiff and suffocating silent accompanied the both of them. Sooyeon keep on staring Jimin's back, feeling disturbed about Mrs. Park's words. Why wouod she asked that? What happened to Jimin? And his response clearly stated that he actually has problems.     Was it because of her?
"What.. do you want to eat?"
She asked in a barely heard voice. She was afraid of his response, if he did. But he didn't. He didn't response. He remained silent and motionless, as if she wasn't talking to him. A throbbing pain sliced his heart, and her swollen eyed began to sting.
"I'll just make some sandwiches."
She stated with a plain tone and make her way over to the kitchen.
Jimin's gaze tailed her until she dissapeared.
Why all of this happened? Should he just contained his feelings? Would it be better if he didn't confess? Was it his fault? What would have been the better situation anyway?
**
She took the sanwiches she prepared to the dining hall only to find Jimin was nowhere to be found. She let out a deep, heavy sigh before her gaze fell to the sandwiches.
'You fool. You really thought he'll wait for you?'
She soullessly sat down and munch in her sandwich. Eyeing the empty chair Jimin always sat on, her eyes stung. She hated being in that kind of situation. She hated being far from him. She hated not hearing his bright voice.
After finishing her sandwich, her eyes landed in the sandwich she made for him. 

Coming to thought that he didn't has anything to eat, she brought the sandwich to the kitchen and neatly pack it in a airtight wrapper. She then made her way to the coffe table and grabbed the house key.
After making sure the door was locked she walked through the walkway, to the outside of the house.
To her surprise, Jimin was leaning against the brick wall, waiting for her. She stared at him with widened eyes, her heart started beating irregularly when he stared back at her. She didn't expect him waiting for her. She thought he had left.
Although she really wished he hadn't left, there was not even a single hope that he'd stay to wait for her. He sent her a quick glance before pushing himself against the wall,  before walking away, leading her to the bus stand. For a while, she froze at her spot, staring his back figure with mixed feelings.
***
Nothing could describe how awkward things were. They were sitting side by side, only inches away, but Sooyeon felt like there was an infinite distance between them. She peered the packed sandwich in her hand, debating whether she should give it to him or not. Finally, she inhaled deeply, and bit her lower lip. Very hesitantly, ahe reached out her hand with the sandwich in her hand to him. He noticed, and unconsciously trailing his gaze along her hand, and landed onto her face. Their eyes hooked, and she swore his eyes looked so empty, as if there was ni soul inside his body. It hurts her so bad seeing him like that. She couldn't stop blaming herself, and she really wished she had the power to take all the pain and grief away from him. But she couldn't.
"I made this for you."
Jimin looked away, as if she hadn't said anything.
"It's okay."
His cold, emotionless words pierced her soul. For a while, she froze, in disbelief that such cold tone came from the guy.
She gulped hard on her own saliva, trying to calm her sobbing heart.
She lightly put the sandwich on his lap,  and looked away.
"Just take it. If you don't want it, throw it away."
She stated plainly without looking at him. If she had look at him, she would see his empty eyes slightly lightened.
.....

 

 

 

 

Yo im late af sry to all readers. If there's still any lol