Chapter 12

By Your Side

Sooyeon stared her phone screen, once again reading the text sent by Jungkook.

‘I’m sorry for what I did at the school earlier. Just forget it.’

She sighed and threw her phone on her bed. Somehow, she was psised off with his behaviour. He hugged her, and the he left, without a single word. He didn’t even looked at her. He just left, leaving her frozen at her spot for several minutes, trying to digest what on earth had just happened. And he was asking for her to forget it just like that? Ever since she came home, the incident kept on replaying in her mind, and she didn’t know the reason. She thought at least she deserved an explaination. Why in the hell would Jungkook suddenly hugged her, after he was beated up, because of her. She really didn’t het what was on that boy’s mind. And she was really worried about his injury. It may had been really bad, and he could suffer from internal injury. He left before she even get to know how bad was his injury. She knew she couldn’t just let him be. He was hurt because he was trying to protect her. She had to do something, at least she had to know his condition.

She quickly grabbed her phone and dialled his number. She almost ended the call when he picked up. But he didn’t say a thing.

“Jungkook?”

Jungkook replied with a soft hum before the silence took over the line.

“Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.”

Sooyeon let out an inaudible sigh. She didn’t know whether Jungkook was telling the truth.

“Where are you?”

“Home.”

“I’ll go there. Wait for me.”

Jungkook didn’t respond.

“Jungkook, are you there?”

“Yes.”

“I’ll go to your house. Wait for me, okay?”

She repeated her words, in case he didn’t hear.

“Okay.”

She hung up, and rushed to Jimin’s room. She opened the door to his room without knocking, only to find he was changing his clothes. The both of them looked at each other with their eyes wide opened, before screaming simultaneously. Sooyeon slammed the door shut while Jimin put on his clothes with lightning speed. Sooyeon took a deep breath behind the closed door, trying to regulate her heartbeat. She didn’t see anything but his abs(which she had seen before), but for some reason she felt embarassed.

“Are you done?”

She asked loudly, but she was actually still quite embarassed.

“Yeah!”

As soon she heard heard his reply, she slowly opened the door and peeped inside. Jimin was already wearing a white shirt, and was sitting on his bed. She closed the door after her and and walked towards him, only stopping when she was standing exactly in front of him. He looked up at her with a questioning look.

“Why?”

There was an audible intake of breath from Sooyeon. Obviously, something was troubling her.

“Do you know where Jungkook’s house is?”

Her question momentarilly stopped his heartbeat. An infamiliar searing pain peared through his heart, preventing any words from slipping out from his mouth. She stared his unreadable expression, puzzled at his silence.

“Jimin.”

Her call snapped him. He swallowed hard, desperately trying to make the lump in his throat dissapear. Thousands of uneasy thoughts flashed in his mind. Why would Sooyeon asked him about Jungkook’s house?

“I know. Why?”

Sooyeon immeadiately sat down beside him on the bed.

“I have to go to his house now. Can you go with me?”

Jimin blinked repeatedly as he attempted to absorb her words. Her wish make him fidgeted uneasily, fighting with his own feelings. He couldn’t deny, he was extremely uneasy with that one wish. Unwillingly, the earlier scene again replayed before his eyes. The scene where Jungkook and Sooyeon was suspiciously standing close to Jungkook, with one of her arm on Jungkook’s arm. And the scene where Jungkook unexpectedly pulled her into his embrace. Even seeing them like that from afar left a hole in his heart. He didn’t know what happened between them, and he was afraid to know. Her words just now added his concern. Was there really something going on between the two of them. Well, even though he hate it, he had to admit, there was a high possibillity that it was true. And if it was true, what should he do? Gave up on her? The girl who he had held close to his heart for two years. Or should he fight to win her over? Fight with Jungkook, the guy who he had been through a lot of things together for five years? A the thought of that, his spine shivered with trepidation. He was extremely clueless.

A slap on his thigh flinched him, dissapearing his long thought.

“Why are you spacing out? Can you come with me?”

He peered into the abyss of her clear eyes, and an unfamiliar mixed feelings blossomed through his chest.

“Why do you want to go his house?”

Finally after minutes of not saying anything, he asked.

trembled, trying to come out with an appropriate answer.

“I have some unsettled business with him. It won’t take a long time. Please..”

She interwined her fingers and looked at him with pleading eyes, as if she knew that was Jimin’s weakness.

Scratching the back of his head, he pivotted his gaze away from her.

“Fine.”

***

Sooyeon waited nervously as Jimin knocked the door repeatedly. Still, there was no respond from Jungkook.Frustated, Jimin instinctively twisted the knob, only to find it was, suprisingly, unlocked. He pushed the door open slowly, revealing the dark living room. He walked in with without hesistation, tailed by Sooyeon. After she closed the door after her, Jimin turned to her.

“I think he’s upstairs. His room is the one at the left. I’ll wait here.”

She nodded before proceeding to the staircase. Jimin aprroached the couched and slumped onto it. He tried his best to not to look at as she went up the stairs. And he tried his best not to think about what was going to happen between the two of them later. He massaged his temple. His feelings really disturbed him.He simply didn’t know what to do with his feelings anymore.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sorry for the late update. I'm busy with life. huh. And I'm running out of idea.