Chapter 15

By Your Side

The raging thunderstorm showed no sign of stopping. Sooyeon had her headphone on, with the songs playing at the maximum volume. But that didn’t prevent her from hearing the petrifying boom of the thunderstorm.

Another loud bang boomed, and Sooyeon immeadiately grabbed her blankets tightly. She curled up into a ball and put her head between her legs. She wanted to go to Jimin’s room, and be in his embrace like she always did. But she was afraid. Afraid that her heart would thump unusually fast again, and she was afraid that she would had the bizzare sensation creeping up in her again. 

Her room’s door was opened slowly, and Jimin peeped inside. But she was oblivious at her presence. Seeing her in that position, he already knew that she was frightened. He was actually waiting for her to come to his room. When she didn’t show up, he started to feel uneasy, and decided to take a look at her. And he glad he did. He could clearly see her trembling, in fear. But why she didn’t came to his room like she always did before?

He closed the door after him and approached the bed. She was still oblivious about his presence. He sat down on her bed, and that was when she realised that he was there. Seeing his face, a warm feeling of relieve crept up in her.

Her eyes gliterred with unshed tears, and he realised how terrified she was. Somehow, he felt guilty, for not being with her earlier. She had to go through the terrifying moments alone.

Gently, he took off her headphone and pulled her into his embrace. And that was when Sooyeon’s heart acted up again. She was seriously clueless about her own feelings. She hated the fact that her heart acted that way. But at the same time, she was pleased to be in his embrace. The dread that haunted her moments before immeadiately faded away. Silently, she was thankful that she could be in that situation.

Time flew away really fast for the both of them. They didn’t have an idea how long had they stayed in that position. Sooyeon finally gained some senses and realised that the thunderstorm and rain had come to a complete stop. She pulled away slowly, even though she was reluctant to do so.

“Thanks.”

Jimin gave him a smile that just seemed so genuinely sweet with just the right touch of shyness that unexpected warmth rushed through her.

“Are you okay now?”

She smiled before nodding assuringly.

“I’ll get going then.”

A tinge of dissapointment and grief took over her and she was not sure. She was upset that Jimin was going to leave her alone in her room.

‘What the is wrong with you, Kim Sooyeon?’

Jimin got up and sent her a unreadable gaze. He then ruffled her hair playfully.

“Bye, sweety pie.”

***

Sooyeon got out from her room, complete with the school uniform and made her way over to the staircase. But when she was in front of Jimin’s room, she stopped. She peered the closed wooden door, wondering why Jimin didn’t go to her room, summoning her for the breakfast. He always did that, only sometimes when he woke up later than her, he didn’t. But he would left his door opened, so that when Sooyeon passed by his room, he would called her, and asked her to wait for him.

That was such a weird habit of his, but Sooyeon had to admit, thaks to that, her glum morning was cheered up. But why would he skipped his morning routine today? Should she knock?

She disregarded her thought and went downstairs. To her surprise, Jimin’s parent had almost finished their breakfast, and they seemed rushed.

“Where’s Jimin?”

Mrs. Park asked while munching on her breakfast hastily. They sure were rushing.

“He’s still upstairs.”

“Sooyeon a~ We’re going outstation for 3 days, and we’re already late. We can’t send you guys to the school today.”

She explained fastly and took a sip of her drink. Then she slipped her hand into her handbag, and took out an amount of bills.

While standing, she put the money on the dining table. Mr. Park also stood up, and left without a word. Well, he always like that.

“Use this money. We’ll go first. Say bye to Jimin.”

She sent her a quick smile and took off. Sooyeon just stood there, still trying to absorb her words.

She sighed, feeling dissapointed. They didn’t tell anything, then all of a sudden they’re going outstation for three days, leaving the two of them?Plus, she really hated going to school by bus. It is so crampy and suffocating.  Jimin hated it too.

At the thought of Jimin, she looked upstairs, her gaze fixed on the closed door of his room.

‘What is taking him so long?’

She quickly climbed the staircase and knocked his door.

“Jimin, hurry up. We’re going to be late.”

She waited for a moment. But there was no response from him. She knocked again, this time louder, in case he didn’t hear. But still, no response.

She wrapped her her hand around the doorknob and twisted it. It was unlocked, so she swung it open.

Sooyeon’s eyes widen at her sight. Jimin was still sleeping, wrapped with his thick comforter. Sooyeon rushed to him to wake him up. It was already late, and they had to ride the bus.

She flicked away the comforter that was covering him, revealing Jimin who curled up into a ball. His eyes were tightly shut, but he was shivering badly. Terror filled every inch of her in no time. Instantly, she laid her hand on his sweaty forehead, and as expected, it was scalding.

Her touch woke Jimin up, but he could barely lift his eyelids.

Sooyeon noticed that he was trying to open his eyes completely.

“Jimin, you have a fever..”

She said in a panicked tone as she fixed the comforter to cover him properly.

“Wait here.”

She rushed out immeadiately. Jimin sent her off with his feeble gaze. He tried to sit up, but his body was aching all over the place, and his head felt extremely heavy. In the end, he just plunked his head on the pillow.

She returned to the room with a small towel and a basin of water. She quickly placed the stuff on the side table and wet the towel. After squeezing the water from the towel, she gently put the damp towel on his forehead.

Then, she just stared at his face, feeling extremely sorry for him.

‘No school for today, I guess.’

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________

So.... due to some... umm... complications(?) i edited the previous chapters. But for those who already read those and don’t want to read it again, it’s okay. It’s not such a big changes tho, well it’s kinda big, but ahhh idk. T.T i just knew it’s sorta between cousins in certain places. So, i made Sooyeon adopted. It’s really foolish, but yeah.. thats the only i can do. Huhuuuu. It’s my fault for not researching, and i’m feeling really bad ryt now. Idunnooo. sorryyyyyyyy