Chapter 19

By Your Side

Sooyeon opened the door and peeped in. Jimin noticed her, but pretended not to. She slowly approached him who was sitting on his bed, with his eyes fixed on his phone.

“Jimin, have you take your medicine?”

He nodded nonchalantly without looking at her. She sighed deeply at his behaviour. Why was he acting like that all of the sudden?

“Are you mad?”

He shook his head, again nonchalantly.

She knew something was off, but decided to shrug it off.

“Are you feeling better?”

He nodded. She held her feelings.

“Are you going to go school tomorrow?”

He shrugged. She started to feel irritated.

She then turn to leave, but something popped up in her mind.

She abruptly turned back, causing him to look up at him.

“Jungkook said get well soon, and he was lonely at the school without us.”

There was an audible intake of breath from Jimin.

“More like he was lonely without you.”

Sooyeon’s eyebrow furrowed at her words.

“What do you mean by that?”

Jimin poked his inner cheek instead of answering.

“You have a fight with him?”

Seeing no response from him, Sooyeon assumed that her prediction was right.

“You guys shouldn’t fight. The two of are really close. If you have any misunderstandings, clear it up. Jungkook is a nice guy, whatever you wronged him with, I’m sure he didn’t mean it.”

Jimin got up from his bed and stood in front of her.

“I’m the bad one, then?”

Sooyeon gaped at his words.

“No, that’s not it..”

“Yea, yea, Jungkook is a nice guy, I’m a bad guy. It’s my fault.”

“Why are you being like this?”

“What?”

“Why are you talking nonsense?”

“I’m not! I was just saying back what you said.”

Sooyeon eyed him in disbelief and her eyes started to get teary.

“What’s wrong with you, really?”

Jimin gained back his sanity, and just realised the stupid thing he just did.

“No, Sooyeon..”

“Why are you taking it out on me? If you’re mad at him, why are you letting it out on me?”

“It’s not that.. I’m just..”

“What? Just what? You’re just so pissed off at me for not doing anything? What have I done wrong?”

Tears that had welled up in her eyes started to rolled down her cheeks. She really didn’t know why, his raised voice and words hurt her so much. Seeing her tears, Jimin was wrapped in extreme guilt and regret. He was too into his feelings. He couldn’t prevent himself from doing what his jealousy told him to do. He just knew how irrational he was being.

“Sooyeon, I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to say that.”

Jimin grabbed her hand, holding it firmly in his grip.

“I don’t know what happened between the two of you. And I don’t know what you took my words for. But whatever it is, I didn’t mean that. You took my words wrongly.”

She snatched her hand away from his grip. So many funny things happened that day. First, she was mad. And he hugged her. Then, they were fine. Then, he was mad.He talked nonsense. And they fight. Then, she’s mad. And he was aplogizing. Seriously, what was going on that day?

She then turned around to leave, but he quickly took her hand and pulled it. Thanks to that, she was fully turned to face him.

“It’s because I’m jealous.”

Her heart stopped upon hearing his words. She peered into his eyes, frozen. He seemed calm but slightly anxious.

“I like you, Sooyeon.”

At that moment, Sooyeon felt as if her blood was flowing backwards, her heart stopped pumping, and her neurons stop transmitting impulses.

Did she heard it wrong? Was she dreaming? If it was, it was a really realistic one.

Jimin pulled her, sending her falling helplessly into his embrace.

“I’m really sorry. I can’t control my jealousy. That’s why I’m mad.”

Sooyeon didn’t move, because she couldn’t. She was at the edge of her saneness. All of that was too much for her poor heart. She was really mad at him just now, how can all those fury dissapeared just like that when he uttered those words.

“I had been liking you since the first time you moved in. That’s why I was always by your side. I want to protect you. I wanted to tell you what i felt so badly, but I’m scared that will make youfurthered yourself away from me. I really didn’t want that to happen. That’s why I held it in. But I don’t think I can do it any longer.”

His sincere confession pierced through her heart, blossoming a warm feeling of pleasant in her. But, she didn’t know how to respond. She was clueless about her own feelings.

Jimin pulled her away at arm’s length and stared into her empty eyes.

“Would you date me?”

She blinked repeatedly, still trying to intepret the situation. Did Park Jimin just asked her to date him? Park Jimin? The guy that had been by her side? The guy that was always there for her when she needed someone? The guy that she had been close af with for two years? And the guy that had made her heart fluttering lately? The guy whom her heart had been reacted weirdly to lately? The guy that was the reason she was feeling all sort of things lately?

She looked down, escaping his gaze. She really didn’t know. She was confused, puzzled, startled. These was too sudden for her. She was clueless. She really were. She was not rejecting, but she was not accepting it either.

Jimin huffed in dissapointment at her response. He took that as an rejection.

“Okay. I get it.”

He let her hand go before biting his lower lip.

“I’m sorry. You must be surprised.”

He took a deep breath before turning away to his bed.

“Jimin..”

Her words stopped him from doing so.

“I.. like you too.”

His eyes wided at her words.(not that wide,cause Jimin’s eyes..you know..lol,wtf am i doing.sorry)

He couldn’t believe his ears. Did Sooyeon really said that?

Heat rushed to her face as she tried her best not to look into his eye. Her blush eventually seared through her cheeks and for a minute she thought her face was on fire. She felt awkward, shy, demure. She even attempted to hide her rosy features behind her slim fingers. She couldn’t held in her feelings any loger and dashed outside, straight towards her room.

Jimin was still standing motionless. Stil trying to figure out whether that was a painful fantasy, or beautiful reality.

He broke into a bright smile when he realised, it was not a dream, not a fantasy Sooyeon liked him, too. He jumped onto his bed and rolled delightedly. The fever he had was not showing at all.

He finally stopped rolling on his bed, and stared the ceiling. No words could express his happiness at that time.

“Kim Sooyeon..”

He said her name before once again rolled himself repeatedly on the bed.

Love sure can make someone happy, right?

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the late update T.T