Chapter 30

By Your Side

Jimin stared at the sobbing girl through the window with confusion. Thousands of questions filled his mind. Why would she cry? She was the one who ended their relationship anyway? Was she feeling guilty and wronged? Or she was actually against her own decision? Jimin immeadiately threw his thoughts away. The glimpse of hope that his thoughts were giving him might be painful. He would not be able to bear that. He didn't know the truth,  and he didn't want to know. He was scared. With a mixed feelings, he looked away, and went up the stairs.
As soon as he reached his room, he went to sit on his bed, trying to calm himself down. He could not believe he just cried. He could not remember the last time he cried. After a while, he reached for his phone and noticed there were several missed calls from Jungkook. Without a second thought,  he called him back. Almost immeadiately, Jungkook picked up.
"Hello?"
"You called earlier?"
"Ah.. Yes.."
Instead of continuing his words,  Jungkook remained silent, as if he was thinking hard about something. 
"Why?"
"Um.. I just wanted to ask. Is Sooyeon with you? She won't answer my call."
A tinge of grief seared through Jimin as the reality once again slapped him.
"No.. She's not with me."
He answered, his tone slightly gloomed even though he was trying hard not to.
"Do you know where she is?"
"I don't know. I'm in my room."
Jungkook responded with a barely audible 'ah~' before a dead silent accompanied their phone call. Jimin noticed the awkwardness and decided to stop it.
"That kid might be gobbling up foods in the kitchen and left her phone upstairs. She's always like that. Food is her priority."
Jimin muttered the words with a faked cheerful tone, and he swear it was so painful talking about her. Her face keep on popping up in his mind, and that hurts, so bad.
Jungkook giggled, kind of relieved Jimin's cheerful voice is back. He was actually scared to call him, as Jimin had been cold towards him, actually everyone lately.
"Can I ask you something?"
Jimin responded with a soft hum.
"Are you mad that I'm dating Sooyeon?"
His question temporarily stopped his heartbeat.
'He knew?'
"What kind of are you talking about?"
"Well.. You know.."
Jungkook stopped his words there, causing Jimin's anxiety to grow bigger.
"What?"
"You've once told me that.. you're like her guardian, some like that. That I need your permission if I'm going to do anything with her. So.. I'm guessing.. You're mad cause I didn't tell you I'm going to confess to her."
Jimin let out a small, insincere chuckle.
"You and your dumb actually thought I was being serious?"
"Well, it's not weird if you were being serious. You really cared about her, and you knew her way better that I do. I understand if you're upset."
Jungkook's sullen voice penetrated his eaedrum, and he realised Jungkook was actually serious. Guilt aroused in his chest. It was not Jungkook's fault. He was just being honest,  he confessed, which was the right thing to do.
"Of course I'm mad. The two of you are dating, I'm going to be left out in anything."
Jimin said playfully, in hope he could clear things up with Jungkook. He didn't want to lose him just because of this.
"No, you won't. I promise."
A smile unknowingly crept up on Jungkook's face. He was really glad Jimin's bright voice was finally heard.
"Ok then. See you tomorrow."
"Ok."
***

 

I am inggg laate i know. Actually i decided to stop writing cause college is stressing the hella out of me but i realised writing is the only way i could decrease my stress. Thank you for still reading. It means a lot