ONE SATURDAY ON THE 15TH SUMMER

15 SUMMERS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*

“So, I think I’ll have to go alone to Jeonju this Saturday.” Taeyeon said.

Jiyong mentally kicked himself upon remembering that he was supposed to go with Taeyeon to Jeonju on the same day he promised to go see Kiko.

“. Is that this Saturday? I’m so sorry, I forgot. Can you possibly move it on some other day so I can go with you?” He stupidly asked.

Taeyeon shook her head.

“No, it’s okay. I want to visit my mom on her birthday. Anyway, it’s your off. Don’t worry I can manage alone.” Taeyeon said.

Though she said it’s okay, Jiyong felt so guilty so he tried to think of a way to help her still.

“I’ll ask Tiffany to go with you. Or maybe I’ll ask one of our drivers to drive you to Jeonju.” Jiyong suggested.

But Taeyeon rejected the offers saying she can do it by herself.

“Taeyeon, I’m so sorry. Can I do something to make you feel better?” He asked.

Taeyeon playfully punched his arm with a slight laugh. Is it just him who’s making a big deal of not being able to accompany her? Because she looks okay with it.

“Hey, I already said it’s okay. Besides, maybe my mom’s not ready to meet her son-in-law yet. Maybe some other time.” Taeyeon answered.

But he’s really guilty.

“Please don’t be mad.” He said.

“I’m not mad, Jiyong. I’ll be shouting and punching you if I am. Anyway, it’s not that you’re staying there for three weeks, right?” She said.

He nodded.

“I’ll try to catch the earliest possible flight.” He said.

“Alright.” Taeyeon said with a nod.

So that night, Jiyong tried so hard to make Taeyeon feel better while Taeyeon assured him she’s really okay.

*

But you see, it wasn’t really okay.

The next day, Taeyeon still acted fine in front of Jiyong. She even helped him pack his things for his flight later that night. Of course, she couldn’t show him that she’s hurt with the fact that he broke his promise just to be with his girlfriend.

So she guessed that’s the confirmation that she really likes him, right? And that she’s doing everything not because of anything else but because she simply wants to.

And even during her lesson with Sarang, she wasn’t herself that Seunghyun even noticed that she’s a little different from the usual cheerful Taeyeon.

“You were great, Sarang-ah. Good night.” She said as she patted Sarang’s head.

“Thank you, Taeyeon-unnie. I’ll go upstairs now. Good night. And say good night to Jiyong-oppa for me.” Sarang happily said then she kissed Taeyeon’s cheek and went upstairs.

Seunghyun then who was watching them earlier approached her.

“You look so sad today.” He said.

Taeyeon sat down the couch. In a short span of time of being together almost every day, she already feel comfortable around Seunghyun that she feels like it’s not embarrassing to open up anymore.

“Ah, really? Maybe I’m just tired.” She answered.

Maybe too, Seunghyun won’t accept her reason.

“Is it about Jiyong?” He asked.

Taeyeon sighed upon remembering Jiyong again.

“I’m crazy, aren’t I?” She said with a smirk.

With a questioning look, Seunghyun had to say what he really thinks about the whole situation she and Jiyong’s in.

“Why are you doing this, Taeyeon? You actually don’t need to do this.” He said now standing in front of her.

Taeyeon looked at him for a while then looked down after. Yes, she actually doesn’t need to do this. But she wants to.

“I have my own reason I can’t explain. And just right now, I feel hurt of the fact that he can’t go with me because he needs to go to his real girlfriend.” She admitted.

Seunghyun silently cursed.

“Forget about that. I’ll go with you with all my might. This isn’t right, Taeyeon. Jiyong’s a taken man. And you’re making yourself look like a fool.” He said with a slightly loud voice.

She knows that too yet all she could do is to sigh and be stubborn.

“I know but I want to try. We already made a deal and I won’t stop until the end of it. If he doesn’t fall in love with me, I’ll leave.” She said with conviction.

But Seunghyun couldn’t believe what he’s hearing. He’s starting to feel frustrated by how persistent this woman is.

“You don’t need to wait for that. He will not fall in love with you because he loves someone else.” He said obviously trying to knock some sense to her.

“He will.” She insisted.

 

*

Jiyong arrived in Paris Friday night for Kiko’s event. Yeah, he really went there because he doesn’t want a fight especially now.

But even after he arrived in Kiko’s hotel room, which he will occupy for himself that night because Kiko’s busy with her rehearsal, his thoughts are still about Taeyeon’s trip to Jeonju. So he sent her a chat message.

Jiyong: I’m here now. I’m really sorry, Taeyeon. Please take care. I asked Tiffany to go with you. Are you with her?

It’s morning in Korea now and she might have gone to Jeonju already.

*

Taeyeon, on the other hand, arrived in Jeonju alone. Until now, she’s still a bit disappointed that Jiyong wasn’t able to go with her but she kept on ignoring the thought. Today, she’ll do things alone.

When she arrived at the bus terminal, Tiffany called her apologizing that she wasn’t able to go with her to Jeonju because she had an emergency meeting.

Tiffany insisted to follow but Taeyeon doesn’t want to bother her anymore so she just said it’s okay.

Moments after her phone call, as she was ready to go to the cemetery, she received another call from Seunghyun.

“Taeyeon, where the hell are you in Jeonju? I’m here in the bus terminal.” He asked.

Taeyeon was shocked. She didn’t expect this at all. Well, Seunghyun actually insisted to come with her but she said no because she doesn’t want to be a burden to him. But knowing that he still followed her, she felt like crying thinking that he seriously made some efforts to be with her unlike Jiyong.

“I’m here too.” She weakly said.

*

Seunghyun followed Taeyeon in Jeonju because he’s worried about her and right now, he felt relieved that Taeyeon’s also in the terminal he’s in.

While talking to her over the phone, he kept on walking and looking for her then finally, he saw her standing seemingly about to cry.

“I’m coming.” He said then he ended the call and approached Taeyeon.

Taeyeon was about to cry when she saw him.

“Are you okay, why are you crying?” He worriedly asked.

Intently looking at him, Taeyeon’s tears fell.

“Thank you.” She said as she wiped her tears.

Seunghyun gave her his hanky.

“Don’t worry about that. I wanted to be your driver for today. So where to?” Seunghyun asked with a smile.

*

The first thing they did was to go to Taeyeon’s mom and dad’s grave.

Arriving there, Taeyeon felt so surreal. It wasn’t long ago when she last went there and all the pain came back remembering that she’s the only one left in this world. But she tried to fight back her tears.

“Happy Birthday, Omma. It’s been a while. Today should’ve been a happy day and yet I’m sad because you’re not with me. But I know that you’re happy because you and Appa are together. I hope you have the sweetest birthday in heaven. Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine. You led me where to go and I know you’re always with me.” She said as she talked to her Omma with a cracked voice.

Seunghyun felt bad seeing Taeyeon in that situation so being gentleman as he is, he put his around her shoulders in a hug to comfort her.

“Ssshh.. It’s okay.” He said.

Then Taeyeon wasn’t able to control her tears anymore. Sadness, longing, gratitude, she’s having mixed emotions and above all is gratitude to Seunghyun for following and comforting her.

“Thank you.” She told him while drying her tears afterwards.

Seunghyun nodded with a comforting smile.

After going to the cemetery, they decided to have snacks then Seunghyun asked Taeyeon to tour him around town. They went first to Taeyeon’s old house.

“This is where I spent the past 26 years of my life.” Taeyeon said as she looked at Seunghyun.

Seunghyun nodded in acknowledgment.

“Everything must’ve been difficult for you. You’re a tough woman.” He said.

“Yeah, life’s a little unfair. Sometimes, you can’t have it all. Sometimes, you really can’t have anything at all.” She bitterly said.

“You have something, Taeyeon. You have your family’s memories, you have their love, you have yourself, you have us.” He consoled her.

Taeyeon looked at him admitting how attractive this guy in front of her can be. If only Jiyong’s not in the picture, then maybe, she would’ve fallen in love with this guy. But you see, Jiyong’s securely taking his spot inside her heart and just right now, she remembered him again because he sent her a chat message telling him he’s in Paris already.

She sent her reply.

 

Taeyeon: I’m with Seunghyun so there’s nothing to worry about. :)

 

She put her phone in silent mode and put it back inside her bag. She temporarily wants to forget him and her disappointment.

“Jiyong?” Seunghyun asked.

She nodded as they continue to walk.

“Yeah. He told me he’s already there. C’mon.” She said as she walked ahead since she doesn’t want to talk to him about Jiyong.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter