A FULFILLED PROMISE AFTER THE 15TH SUMMER

15 SUMMERS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*

 

Taeyeon was looking at her reflection in the mirror with astonishment. Earlier in that room, there were many stylists who fixed her hair, her make-up, and who helped her be in that beautiful wedding gown she’s wearing.

Making eye contact with herself, she bit her lip to stop her tears. She couldn’t believe that she would later marry Kwon Jiyong, her first everything. It was a merry-go-round journey for them. She cried a lot, has been hurt a lot, yet loved and smiled a lot just the same because of him. All seasons long.

“Omma, Appa, thank you for bringing me back to that boy. He’s the most precious gift I’ve ever had. Now, you can peacefully rest. Your baby is safe.” She said in the air hoping her parents will hear her words.

She was calming herself down when she heard a knock.

“Come in.” She said.

The door carefully and slightly opened revealing a person she least expected to see on her very special day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was Kiko.

The very beautiful Kiko wearing a poker face.

And she has never felt nervous again seeing her.

“K-Kiko…” She said with a cracked and nervous voice, add her pounding heart.

Kiko crossed her arms with a mocking smile.

“Nice gown.” Kiko commented as she surveyed her from head to toe.

If it was ever possible to run that moment, Taeyeon would’ve probably done it to go to Jiyong’s room and make sure he’ll still marry her. But she was frozen speechless like a scared cat.

“K-Kiko, I-I’m sorry… I..” Taeyeon started lost for words.

Oh man, what is she going to do?

But to her surprise, Kiko laughed.

And she was astounded.

 

*

Seeing Taeyeon’s reaction, Kiko couldn’t help but to laugh so hard. Okay fine, enough of the games.

“You can relax, Taeyeon. I was just kidding.” She said with a smile.

Yes, a real smile she can offer to the woman whom she once thought was a thorn in .

“I-I don’t understand.” Taeyeon answered still unsure of what to say and react.

Kiko moved closer to her, held her hand and guided her to the bed to sit down and talk. Taeyeon obliged.

“I’m so sorry. For so many things I’ve done, I’m terribly sorry, Taeyeon. I’ve been a . No, a devil. A gold-digging, obsessed devil. But I have deeply regretted everything. I wish you could forgive me, maybe not now, but in the future. I could only hope.” She sincerely said.

And though Taeyeon’s still looks in doubt, Kiko could totally understand. But this woman in front of her surely has a good heart for the next moment, she smiled in forgiveness.

“You don’t need to wish for it, I’ve already given it to you. After all, you were the spice in my story. I wouldn’t be tough if not because of you. Thank you Kiko, thank you for taking care of Jiyong for the longest time.” Taeyeon said with sincerity.

Kiko’s tears fell but she didn’t even bother to wipe them.

“Goodness, is it really possible to be so nice?” She joked to make the atmosphere lighter making the both of them laugh.

“Ah, by the way, does Jiyong know you’re here? I should tell him that---“ Taeyeon said but she cut her and just answered with “He knows.”

Yes, before that day, she went to Jiyong first.

 

FLASHBACK…

Kiko was a bit nervous upon arriving at Jiyong’s doorstep. It was a day before his wedding. Good thing she was on time. She has so many things to say to him.

After a deep breath, she rang the doorbell. It was after few rings when he opened.

And as expected, he was quite shocked then his face was instantly filled with anger.

“What are you doing here?” He darkly asked.

Instantly, her tears fell seeing the man who once loved her this angry.

“Jiyong, I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.” Then she broke down. She cried like a baby in front of him.

When she calmed down a little, Jiyong let her in his house.

“Water?” Jiyong asked void of any emotions.

Kiko shook her head. All she needed that time was to say everything she has to say.

“I... just got out from the rehab. And… during my stay there, I learned so many things. I realized so many things. I realized that I was so selfish, that I only thought about my own good. But believe me, Jiyong, I truly loved you. Maybe in a wrong way, but I did all I’ve done because I was too afraid to lose you. The baby, I’m sorry that I killed our baby. I’m sorry that I ruined you, you and Taeyeon. I’m sorry. I know this will never be enough but I’ll be forever sorry.” She sobbed once again burying her face in her hands.

She has never felt more sorry in her life but that moment. Before she could start again with her life, she should close her unfinished book with the people she destroyed.

They were filled with silence for a while until Jiyong sat down beside her and pat her back.

“Knowing that you regretted everything is enough for me to forgive you.” He said surprising her and making her speechless.

“But…” It was Kiko.

“No more buts, no more sorry. You’re forgiven.” He insisted finally making her smile.

She wiped her tears with her palm.

“Thank you, Jiyong. And… I can go to your wedding, right?” She asked in hesitation.

Jiyong nodded with a smile.

“Of course, actually, I might want to give you a homework. Wait a moment.” He said as he left her to get something in his room.

He returned holding a small box.

“Give this to Taeyeon tomorrow. Can you do that?” He asked.

She could only smile. Knowing that he still trusts her after everything made her genuinely happy.

“No more pleading needed, Sir!” She answered with a salute making the both of them laugh.

It was a short conversation. But that made her free.

END OF FLASHBACK…

 

*

Taeyeon noticed Kiko’s silence seeming to think of something.

“Kiko, are you okay?” She worriedly asked.

That slightly startled Kiko but nevertheless, her smile returned.

“Sorry, I just remembered something. Anyway, I will give you this. From your very very soon-to-be husband.” She said as she handed a box to her. “Okay, so I will be going. See you later.”

That and Kiko left the room.

Taeyeon opened the box. Her tears almost fell when she saw a silver necklace with a silver studded piano pendant. Enclosed there is a note from Jiyong.

Without second thoughts, she removed the necklace she’s wearing and replaced it with the necklace Jiyong gave. Then she read the note.

 

REASONS TO LOVE KIM TAEYEON…

… HMMM… WELL… I…

Oops, sorry I couldn’t think of a specific one. There’s just no reason why I love you, I just know that I love you.

Can I shout it in this note? I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really thought that was loud. But I know that won’t be enough to express how much I really love you. I’m the happiest groom marrying the prettiest bride.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter