DEVELOPMENTS ON THE 15TH SUMMER

15 SUMMERS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*

“But Sarang-ah, Taeyeon-unnie’s Jiyong-oppa’s girlfriend.” He said then everyone looked at him.

“Huh?” The little child asked.

Jiyong thought it was too late to take back what he said but Sarang was a savior.

“But Jiyong-oppa, you said I’m your girlfriend.” Sarang said sulking.

Sarang did it in a funny way that everyone laughed except her.

“Okay, okay. Sarang is Jiyong oppa’s girlfriend.” Jiyong said then he kissed Sarang’s forehead silently thanking her for saving him.

“Alright, let’s eat.” Seunghyun said.

Moments later, they’re already in the dining room eating.

“Taeyeon, try some of this.” Seunghyun offered as he put some of the dish on her plate.

“Thank you.” Taeyeon said with a smile.

Jiyong was observing Seunghyun and he thought it was very obvious that he likes Taeyeon. Thinking about that, that little something inside him is growing again that he thought he needed to do something.

“Taeyeon, I want that one. Put some on my plate.” Jiyong ordered Taeyeon as he pointed the dish he wanted to have.

But.. Okay Sarang, thank God you’re so cute if not… ugh…

“I will put some, Jiyong-oppa!” Sarang excitedly said as she put some of the dish on Jiyong’s plate.

“Thank you, Sarang-ah.” Jiyong said with a smile.

“Good girl, Sarang-ah.” Seunghyun said as he patted Sarang’s head.

The dinner continued with some subtle sweet gestures from Seunghyun to Taeyeon. And Jiyong didn’t want to admit but he’s a little pissed off that night.

So after dinner and a little chat, Jiyong and Taeyeon decided to go home.

 

*

They were both silent in the car when Taeyeon decided to talk.

“Thank you for picking me up, Jiyong.” She sincerely said.

“Yeah.” Jiyong shortly answered.

Taeyeon frowned with his answer. Somehow, she thought he’s starting to be mean again so she decided to .

“Your friends are so nice, you’re the meanest compared to them.” She said with a teasing voice.

Jiyong concentrated on the road but he still answered her.

“You can get out of the car now.” He said.

Taeyeon chuckled with his statement.

“But you’re the cutest.” She added.

“Shut up.” He said.

Noticing that he’s pissed already, Taeyeon decided to stop teasing him.

“But why did you arrive earlier? Weren’t you too busy?” She asked as she’s actually wondering why he was early.

*

The answer to Taeyeon’s question? He actually doesn’t know too but of course he has to think of an alibi.

“I just wanted to see Sarang.” He said trying to sound casual.

Taeyeon nodded.

“Hmm, not because you miss me?” She asked.

Still pissed off, he glared at her for a while but looked at the road the next. 

“Why would you even think about that?” He asked.

“Just hoping. It’s been more than a week, so maybe something’s growing there?” She asked.

“None at all. See, I told you this is useless.” He abruptly said.

“Not even a bit?” She confirmed.

“Not even a bit.” He confidently said.

Taeyeon didn’t answer for a while with a little disappointed look then he suddenly wanted to kick himself for unknown reason. But he still acted calm.

“Oh. I need to work hard then. Three weeks minus one day.” She said.

He frowned in confusion.

“What do you mean?” He asked.

“It’s my mom’s birthday this Saturday so I’ll go to Jeonju. So it’s a non-Taeyeon day for you.” She said.

Jiyong thought he should be happy with that. One day without Taeyeon means one peaceful day. But he doesn’t feel glad at all.

“Who are you going with?” He asked.

“I-I don’t know yet. I wanted to ask you but I thought it would be too much to do so. But Seunghyun said he and Sarang can go with me.” She said.

Upon hearing Seunghyun’s name again, Jiyong remembered what happened earlier in dinner so he just didn’t talk because he doesn’t want Taeyeon to think of anything regarding his actions now.

“Yeah.” He said.

With his answer, he thought it’ll be the end of their conversation but he doesn’t know if she’s really pissing him off or what.

“Do you think it would be okay to accept his offer?” She asked.

He glared at her.

“I don’t know. Why are you asking me about that? Do what you want. Anyway, you told him first before you told me.” He said.

Wait, did he just sound bitter?

*

Taeyeon was surprised with what he said. She doesn’t want to assume but hey, he could be… well… jealous maybe?

“Jiyong, are you jealous?” She asked in amusement.

But he answered as fast as lightning.

“No! Oh please, don’t even go there.” He said.

That’s what you call denial. Taeyeon smiled and she doesn’t want to dwell but a tiny hope has risen inside her.

“You won’t be mad if you’re not jealous. You’re starting to like me. Aaaaaah, I’m so happy.” She said.

She looked at the annoyed Jiyong.

“Taeyeon, shut up, I swear I’ll drop you here.” He said.

She doesn’t want to.

“I won’t shut up. I’m too happy to shut up. I can’t believe this. You’re starting to like me and because of that, I’ve made up my mind. You’re going with me to Jeonju.” She said.

“I’m busy. Ask Seunghyun-hyung.” He said.

“Iiiiiiiiih…You’re so cute and so jealous but no, I want you to go with me.” Taeyeon insisted.

“No.” He said.

“Please…” She said.

“I said no.” He said.

“Jiyong, please… please…” She said in a very very very sweet voice.

Jiyong gritted his teeth in annoyance.

“Ugh! Fine! Just shut up.” Jiyong said.

Taeyeon smiled but she shut up.

So on Saturday, Jiyong and Taeyeon will go back to where they first met 15 summers ago.

 

*

The next day, Jiyong was busy in the office when Seunghyun called him to inform him about something.

“Jiyong-ah.” Seunghyun said.

“Oh, hyung? Why?” He asked.

“Daesung’s coming. He wants to hang out.” Seunghyun said.

“Really? That’s great! When?” Jiyong asked.

“Tonight. Sarang has a lesson so Taeyeon and I will just follow after.” Seunghyun said.

Upon hearing that last statement, that unknown something inside him is rising again but he kept on ignoring it.

“Why will Taeyeon go too?” He asked.

“What, you’re gonna leave her in your condo? Tiffany will be there so she can go too.” Seunghyun said.

“Let’s go together then.” Jiyong said.

“It would be a waste of time. Just wait for us there.” Seunghyun said.

Left without a choice, Jiyong agreed.

 

*

That night, after Taeyeon and Sarang’s lesson, Seunghyun informed her that they’ll be going to the club to celebrate their friend’s arrival. At first, she hesitated to come but Seunghyun was able to change her mind. And now, they’re on their way to the club.

“Why do you look so nervous? You’ve met our friends, right?” Seunghyun asked.

Taeyeon nodded.

“Yeah, Youngbae and Seungri. But I’m actually not used to these kinds of things.  Clubs and all. I’m a boring person.” She nervously said.

“Boring? Who says you’re boring? Change that to amazing.” Seunghyun commented.

Taeyeon slightly laughed.

“I’m not even an inch amazing but thanks, you’re really a nice guy.” She answered.

“Nice enough to be attractive to someone amazing?” He asked.

“Well you’re attractive already, so let’s find that someone amazing.” She joked to temporarily forget her nervousness.

“Yeah.” He said. “Anyway, don’t be nervous anymore, I’ll be there. Tiffany’s going to be there and Jiyong too so there’s no need to worry.” Seunghyun assured her.

“Thank you.” She simpl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter