MEETING AFTER 15 SUMMERS

15 SUMMERS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*

Taeyeon didn’t waste enough time because she truly believes that it was her parents’ way of guiding her. They let her saw that paper to remind her of the promise that’s supposed to be fulfilled after 15 summers.

And she’s now on the 15th summer.

So even though she thinks that this idea was crazy, she still tried traveling to Seoul. Anyway, she’s got nothing to lose. She can find a job there. Being talented as she is, she will certainly find a way.

At the moment she arrived in Seoul, she went to the address Mrs. Kwon put at the back of her composition notebook.

And she couldn’t believe that she’s now standing outside the Kwon’s mansion and yet all she has is thankfulness because it seems like everything is falling into its proper places. She hopes so.

“You can do this, Taeyeon.” She told herself as she rang the doorbell and looked at the intercom.

Few moments later, an old lady seemingly like a maid appeared in the intercom.

“What can we do for you, Miss?” The old lady asked.

Suddenly, she felt so nervous.

“I-I’m looking for K-Kwon Jiyong-ssi.” She said.

The old lady raised her eyebrow. Maybe she thought she’s just some random lady looking for her handsome boss.

“I’m sorry but he’s not here.” She said.

And when she was about to switch off the intercom, Taeyeon talked again.

“No, no, please! Wait. Uhm, if he’s not there, can I talk to Mrs. Kwon instead? She knows me.” She begged.

This address is her only chance. If she won’t be able to talk to Kwon Jiyong, she has to start planning again.

“But Madame Kwon’s busy and she just doesn’t talk to strangers.” The old lady firmly said.

“No, she knows me. My name’s Kim Taeyeon. Please tell her I’m from Jeonju.” She begged.

The old lady sighed in irritation.

“Miss, look, whom you’re looking for is not just any person so just go.” The old lady said.

“Please, just tell her. She knows me, she actually gave me this address.” Taeyeon explained.

“Your script is obsolete, Miss. Stop. No Kwon will talk to you today.” She firmly said.

Sensing that the old lady won’t be moved, Taeyeon felt frustrated that she wasn’t able to stop her tears from falling.

“Sorry for disturbing you.” She bowed and turned back to save herself from more embarrassment.

But true enough, tears are women’s best weapon because the old lady suddenly called her.

“Miss! Wait. Okay, I’ll try to ask Madame Kwon if she can talk to you.” She said.

Taeyeon’s eyes lightened in glee..

“Really?! Thank you so much.” She said with excitement as she continuously bowed to the old lady.

That time, she looked up the sky.

“Thanks Mom, Thanks Dad.” She said.

 

*

Just minutes ago, she was begging for the old lady to let her in but now she couldn’t believe that she’s facing with Mrs. Kwon.

Her looks didn’t change at all. She’s still so beautiful like the last time she saw her. She’s timeless.

“You’re from Jeonju, you say?” Mrs. Kwon asked.

Taeyeon was slightly startled with her voice.

“Y-yes. I actually don’t know if you still remember me but my name is Kim Taeyeon. You gave me this 15 years ago, Madame Kwon.” She explained as she showed Mrs. Kwon her old composition notebook.

Mrs. Kwon accepted the notebook and frowned. Maybe she’s trying to remember and just after a few seconds, she saw her face with a slight smile.

“Kim Taeyeon. The young lady who saved my son’s life.” She said with recognition.

Taeyeon sighed in relief. She remembers her.

“Yes, Madam Kwon. I’m so sorry to be here.” Taeyeon bowed apologetically.

But Mrs. Kwon shook her head.

“No, don’t be. I’m actually glad that you’re here. Do you still play the piano?” She asked.

Taeyeon sadly smiled.

“I was a music teacher before I was fired from my job and before my parents died.” She said while looking down.

Mrs. Kwon’s heart melted with what she saw. How can this beautiful and talented woman be unfortunate all of a sudden?

“I’m so sorry to hear that, Taeyeon. Just tell me if I can help financially.” She said.

“No, Madam Kwon. I didn’t come here to ask for money. I-I’m actually here to m-marry your son.” She said stuttering.

For a while, Mrs. Kwon was shocked. But she actually smiled after that.

 

*

It’s 6PM and Taeyeon’s heart is beating fast. According to Mrs. Kwon, Jiyong is not living in the mansion anymore but in his condo. Since he started working in their company, he decided to live independently which she and her husband allowed.

And just right now, for the second time today, she’s readying herself to meet the reason why she went to Seoul.

She rang the doorbell then took a deep breath to calm her nerves.

After a few rings, the door opened.

If you’ll ask Taeyeon what’s her biggest regret that night, that’s when the time she looked at the eyes of the man in front of her.

 

*

Jiyong’s looking at a certain woman who suddenly knocked on his door coming from God-knows-where. Somehow, he frowned because she seems familiar. But he just couldn’t name when and where she saw her. One night stand, maybe?

“Yes?” He asked her.

She didn’t answer at once as she looks nervous.

“A-are you Kwon Jiyong?” She asked.

Again, he frowned. She knew his address but isn’t sure who he is? What’s that? But he still answered anyway.

“Yeah, who are you? Do I know you?” He asked.

He saw her looking a bit unsure so now he’s really curious about her because he couldn’t explain this familiarity that he feels.

“You knew me when I was young.” She answered.

Upon hearing that answer, Jiyong silently cursed in irritation. Seriously, he doesn’t have time to play with this woman’s puzzles. He’s too tired.

“Stop talking in puzzles because I won’t waste my time talking to you.” He frankly said.

 

*

Taeyeon was a bit startled with his words. Until now, he didn’t change. He’s still the same snobby rich man.

“Wait, I’m hungry. Can you please let me eat first?” She asked.

She saw that the man’s really pissed now but she just ignored it.

“What the hell?” He said.

So she took a deep breath before answering and raised her head a little.

“I’m sure you have many foods in your refrigerator so have a little kindness and spare me some dinner.” She said.

 

*

Jiyong thought that this woman was really unbelievable. Who in the world would ask something like this to a person she just knew? None, right?

And instead of being amused, he’s really irritated now.

“Are you a thief?” He asked.

Her eyes widened.

“Of course not! I’m too pretty to be a thief.” She exclaimed.

In other circumstances, he would’ve laiughed but not this time. Not in front of this woman.

“Wow, are you always like this? You’ve got a thick face for a small height, I must say.” He commented.

 

*

Taeyeon was quite sure that was an insult but she ignored it. She has a goal and she’s near it.

“Stop being so mean. I’m just making sure that I’ve eaten enough before telling you something.” She said.

“And what is that?” He asked in curiosity.

“Let me finish eating first.” She said.

And so with that, even having doubts, Kwon Jiyon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter