AN UNKNOWINGLY JEALOUS GUY ON THE 15TH SUMMER

15 SUMMERS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*

The next morning, Jiyong woke up a little late than the usual. Maybe because his human alarm clock didn’t work today.

“You didn’t sing for me today.” He said as he walked towards Taeyeon in the dining room.

Taeyeon noticed his presence but she continued fixing the table for breakfast.

“I’m still thinking of a new way. You know, I suddenly became shy doing weird things. C’mon, let’s eat.” She said.

Jiyong sighed. She’s still mad.

“Are you still mad?” He asked while he sat on the chair.

Taeyeon sat as well.

“No. What happens yesterday stays yesterday.” She said.

Jiyong raised his eyebrow doubting if what she said was true.

“Really? You know, when Kiko and I fight, she’ll make me beg for about three to five days before she talks to me.” Jiyong said as he started eating. “This is good.” He added talking about the food.

Taeyeon nodded in acknowledgement.

“Ah, do you want me to do that? I can ignore you too.” She said.

Jiyong smiled with what she said.

“Well, that’ll give you lesser days to make me fall in love with you. Don’t do that.” He said.

Taeyeon finally smiled too.

“Okay, I won’t. “ She said then suddenly she remembered something. “Uhm, yesterday, it was really difficult to wait for a taxi. Can you possibly pick me up later?” She hesitantly asked.

“Tonight? Sure. A good fiancé does that, right?” He said.

“Haha. So you just need to be guilty to cooperate. I should’ve done that earlier.” She said.

Jiyong shook his head.

“Crazy.”

So it’s set, Jiyong will pick Taeyeon up because according to him, it’s what a good fiancé does.

*

That night, Taeyeon arrived a little early for Sarang’s lesson so she decided to play the piano while waiting for her.

She kept on playing that she didn’t notice someone actually standing on her side. And it was not Sarang!

“You’re really good. Your music soothes my ears.” A deep-voiced man said.

It was Seunghyun! Taeyeon was startled for a moment.

“Good evening, Seunghyun-ssi. I was just waiting for Sarang. Please forgive me for using the piano.” She said with a bow.

Seunghyun smiled.

“No, don’t be. Sarang’s actually tired now and she wants to rest so I think we need to cancel today’s lesson. Sorry for not informing you earlier. I didn’t know your number. Would it be rude to get it?” He asked.

Taeyeon didn’t know what to say. Should she give her number to her? But he’ll think she’s too assuming if she won’t so she decided to give it.

“Sure. Here’s my number.” Taeyeon then dictated her phone number.

Seunghyun secretly smiled.

“Uhm, I think I have to go then. Have a great evening.” Taeyeon said with a bow.

“Wait. It’s still too early to leave. Do you want to have snacks first?” Seunghyun invited.

To be honest, Taeyeon isn’t comfortable with the idea. It’s just too awkward.

“Thank you for the offer but I’m sorry, I think I’ll need to pass.” She apologetically said.

Seunghyun just nodded having a slight disappointed face.

“Aaah. Having dinner with your boyfriend, I guess?” He asked.

She just nodded. Wow, Taeyeon. How thick-faced can you get. Jiyong isn’t even here yet to pick you up.

“I see. Okay then, take care.” He said with a smile.

Suddenly, Taeyeon’s phone rang. It was Jiyong.

*

Seunghyun looked at Taeyeon’s disappointed face. If he would guess correctly, her boyfriend was the caller because of her facial expression. He also overheard Taeyeon’s responses.

“Oh, is that so? Yeah, I’m fine. Be safe.” She said then she ended the call.

He saw her sigh.

“Late cancellation?” He asked.

She nodded.

“Have dinner here then and I’ll send you home. No’s not a valid answer.” He said with finality.

Maybe disappointed with her boyfriend, she agreed.

Moments later, they are now on the dining table. Just the two of them since Sarang’s already taking a rest and his parents are out of the country.

He started the conversation.

“So, how long have you been playing the piano?” He asked her.

“Since childhood.” She answered.

“I see. So Sarang can be as good as you are when she grows up.” He said.

“Your sister’s actually better than me when I was her age.” She said.

He nodded in acknowledgment. But this isn’t really what he wanted to talk about.

“So, what happened to your boyfriend?” He asked her.

*

Taeyeon actually saw the question coming. She expected it.

“Something happened so he couldn’t pick me up.” She answered.

“Something more important that he’ll allow his girlfriend to go home alone late at night?” He said with a raised eyebrow.

Somehow, Taeyeon felt a little pain after hearing Seunghyun’s words. But anyway, she couldn’t blame Jiyong. She’s not his real girlfriend anyway. But she still defended him.

“He’s a very busy man. And it’s not too late yet, it’s okay.” She said.

“If I have a very beautiful girlfriend like you, nothing could be more important.” He said as he stared at her intently.

And she went from a pale potato to a very red tomato which made Seunghyun chuckle.

“I’m sorry, am I making you feel uncomfortable?” He asked.

“Oh no, don’t think like that. It’s just, the food is a little spicy.” She lied.

To Taeyeon’s surprise, he laughed.

“But the food isn’t even a little bit spicy.” He said.

And that made her blushed more.

“Okay fine. I’m just not used to those kinds of compliments, you see.” She said in defeat.

Seunghyun frowned.

“What do you mean, your boyfriend’s not complimenting you?” Seunghyun asked.

Jiyong? Of course, never even once.

“Well, he says I’m funny and crazy but he doesn’t want to admit I’m pretty” Taeyeon said then she bit her tongue after that. Now how can she take that back?

“I suddenly want to meet your boyfriend to give him a 400-grade glasses.” He said.

Taeyeon just awkwardly smiled.

Then after dinner, Seunghyun sent her home.

*

Seunghyun frowned when they reached Taeyeon’s home because it isn’t just familiar. Heck, he’s been there for a million times already!

“You live here?” He asked in confusion.

Taeyeon frowned as well.

“Yes. Why?” She asked back.

And suddenly, an idea is coming over him.

“Is Jiyong possibly your boyfriend?” He asked in suspicion.

He saw Taeyeon’s eyes widened for a moment.

“Y-You know him?” She asked.

“He’s my best friend.” He answered.

Taeyeon’s mouth dropped.

“Oh.” She said.

Seunghyun’s already having an idea that Taeyeon’s the crazy fiancé Jiyong’s talking about.

“Such a small world but the last time I checked, Kiko’s his girlfriend.” He said.

Taeyeon didn’t answer his statem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter