TRYING SO HARD ON THE 15TH SUMMER

15 SUMMERS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*

It was early in the morning yet Jiyong felt like being woken up by a singing angelic voice that soothes him. He was listening when he suddenly realized that it wasn’t his alarm.

When he opened his eyes, he saw a smiling Taeyeon.

“Good morning. I’m your alarm clock for today.” Taeyeon said happily.

Jiyong thought it’s too early for Taeyeon to bug him.

“Taeyeon, seriously, you made me want to sleep again!” He said in frustration.

“Hey! You need to wake up because you need to go to work. You need to think of our future.” Taeyeon said as she pulled him to stand up.

“You’re so annoying! I don’t want to go to work then!” He said whining.

But Taeyeon had to talk again.

“Wake up or I’ll call your girlfriend. I swear I know her number.” She seriously said.

Jiyong felt like throttling Taeyeon’s neck for being such a blackmailer. But without a choice, he stood up.

“Blackmailer.” He said with an irritated look then he went to the bathroom.

But the blackmailer smiled so sweetly.

 

*

Moments later, Jiyong went out of the room only to be surprised to see different dishes prepared for breakfast.

“You made all these?” He asked with a doubting look.

“Uh-huh. Your friend’s a darling because he gave me some tips on cooking. I practiced last night while you were asleep. I’m really such a good wife.” She said with a slight teasing tone.

Jiyong slightly laughed.

“Tsk. Tsk. You’re really so persistent.” He commented.

“Hey, don’t you notice that I always make you laugh? Maybe you’re falling in love with me already.” Taeyeon remarked.

For the second time today, Jiyong laughed because of Taeyeon.

“I don’t know Taeyeon. You’re just so crazy.” He said.

“And you’re starting to like me.” She added.

Jiyong shook his head in disbelief.

“Shut up. Just eat.” He said.

He was eating when suddenly, he saw a mouthful in front of him courtesy of the ever annoying Taeyeon.

“What are you doing?” Jiyong asked in confusion.

“Feeding you. You said you want a sweet wife. Here she is. Open.” She said.

But Jiyong didn’t.

“Seriously, I want to die right now.” He said in half disbelief, half amusement.

Taeyeon slightly laughed.

“Don’t die. You don’t love me yet.” She said then she tried to feed Jiyong again but he refused.

She shrugged then ate it instead. Then few seconds later, Jiyong’s phone rang. It was Kiko. He was about to answer when Taeyeon said…

“Loudspeaker.” She said in excitement.

Jiyong rolled his eyes.

“No.” He said.

“You don’t want? Fine. I’ll talk.” She threatened.

Again, Jiyong was defeated so he put his phone on loudspeaker.

 “Hi babe, I missed you so much. How have you been?” It was Kiko.

“Good. I missed you too. When are you coming home?” Jiyong asked.

That time, Taeyeon were doing some funny faces that he kept ignoring.

“Few more weeks babe then you can be the best boyfriend again.” She said with a slight laugh.

Jiyong chuckled too.

“I always am. Where are you?” He asked.

“Photoshoot. You?” She said.

“Home. Don’t wear revealing clothes, okay?” Jiyong reminded Kiko.

“I won’t. I need to go. Don’t look at other girls. I love you.” Kiko said.

“Bye. I love you most.” Jiyong said.

Then they ended the call.

 

*

Jiyong looked at Taeyeon who suddenly burst out laughing after hearing their conversation.

“Eeeeew. I want to puke! I love you most?” Taeyeon said in between laughs.

Jiyong rolled his eyes.

“Stop laughing. See? I love my girlfriend so much so there’s no way I can possibly fall in love with you.” Jiyong said in confidence.

Taeyeon just smiled sweetly.

“My motto for this project is “Never Give Up”. Anyway, according to your girlfriend, I still have few more weeks.” She said.

“What if I tell you I fell madly in love with her because she’s good at “it”? How would you keep up to that? You don’t even know how to kiss.” Jiyong said half challenging, half teasing her.

But Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

“I told you that wasn’t true. Hmp. And hey, you’re very superficial. You don’t fall in love because of . It’s a very petty reason.” Taeyeon voiced out.

It was Jiyong’s turn to laugh.

“But you don’t fall in love in a matter of one month or so too. I mean, that’s just impossible.” Jiyong said.

But it is a battle of “The Most Stubborn Person of the Year”.

“It is. Just don’t be stubborn and cooperate with me.” Taeyeon said.

“Whatever. I need to go now.” Jiyong said as he stood up.

“Wait!” Taeyeon called.

Jiyong raised his eyebrows with an “asking-why” look.

“I’ll give you a goodbye kiss.” Taeyeon said.

Jiyong almost laughed again but he held it in.

“No way, you don’t know how to kiss.” He said.

But Taeyeon didn’t answer. Instead, she gave him a flying kiss.

“What the hell?” Jiyong said in amusement.

“Bye! Go home early.” Taeyeon said.

Jiyong was about to go when he remembered something.

“Which made me remember, my dad and my sister’s coming tonight. We’ll have dinner at home. My mom’s inviting you.” He said.

“But that’s a family gathering.” Taeyeon said.

“My sister’s boyfriend will come. And what can I do? My mom’s being delusional thinking that I’ll really marry you.” Jiyong said.

Taeyeon just nodded.

“Alright. I’ll pick you up at six.” He said then he left.

 

*

Time flies by so quickly that Taeyeon didn’t notice it’s already 4PM so she started preparing. Of course, Mrs. Kwon is ever so ready because she sent Taeyeon something she can wear.

When she has finished preparing, she intently looked at herself in the mirror which actually was the longest time after everything happened.

She’s still Kim Taeyeon. But right now, she feels different. Just weeks ago, she lost her parents and she was grieving but now, she’s wearing a very beautiful dress to have dinner with a family she’s pushing herself to be in.

Then she thought of Jiyong. Actually, he has a point. The promise he made 15 years ago was an empty one. But out of instinct and belief that her parents led her to fulfill it, she made herself like a fool doing some crazy things just to make the man fall in love with her.

She can actually give up any moment now, but she couldn’t forget the conversation she had with Mrs. Kwon. She doesn’t want to let her down because she’s been very nice to her.

But are those really enough for her to do crazy things that she does? Somehow, she doesn’t know about her personal reasons. But something inside her wants to keep going.

“Omma, Appa, let’s do this! Fighting!” She said to herself then she went out of the room to wait for Jiyong.

 

*

Jiyong arrived home and just as he was about to enter the room, Taeyeon went out and both were startled yet they were lost in each other’s eyes for a while.

If Jiyong would lie, he will say that he’s looking at a very ugly lady.

But no. Taeyeon’s very pretty tonight, she looks so simple yet so elegant that even Kiko can’t compete. That was the truth Jiyong can’t deny. But he didn’t say it out loud. In fact, he ignored the thought after

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter