ANNOYING 15TH SUMMER

15 SUMMERS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*

Jiyong’s currently in a club together with his friends. He’s in rage because of what happened. Just earlier today, he was having a peaceful life. And what he’s thankful for is Kiko’s currently overseas because if not, he’ll be dead.

“What’s up, man? Did you and Kiko have a fight? It’s unlikely for you to be here these days.” Seunghyun asked.

Without looking at him and ignoring his question, Jiyong just burst out his thoughts.

“Someone’s being a pain in the neck. I mean, she’s just crazy!” He exclaimed then drank another shot of alcohol.

Seunghyun and Youngbae frowned.

“Wait, wait, wait. Can we please rewind? What the hell are you talking about?” Youngbae asked in confusion.

Then Seunghyun thought of something.

“Don’t tell me you had a fling and you got her pregnant?” He asked with a little smirk.

“It’s crazier that that! That would actually be quite more acceptable.” Jiyong exclaimed still in disbelief about what’s happening to him.

“Then what’s wrong with the mighty Jiyong?” Youngbae asked now really curious.

Jiyong sighed forcefully.

“What if you made an empty promise 15 years ago then suddenly it’s haunting you now?” He asked.

Seunghyun and Youngbae looked at each other.

“What kind of promise? Well, if it’s doable then why not?” Youngbae answered.

And remembering how absurd the promise is, he lost his temper again.

“What’s doable in this?! You’re living a peaceful life then suddenly a crazy girl will tell you that she’s your fiancé because of a nonsense promise you made when you were a kid?!” He exclaimed now raging mad.

Instead of being afraid, Seunghyun and Youngbae were amused with Jiyong’s reaction and more so of his situation.

“Can you elaborate? Hell, it’s really crazy but interesting.” Seunghyun commented.

Jiyong glared at the two for even thinking that his situation is interesting.

“Some freaking girl saved my life when I was 13 and she didn’t want to accept my money so I told her to find me after 15 summers then I’ll marry her. But hell, I was 13! And here she is telling me I need to marry her. And that little vixen is blackmailing me! And you know what’s worse? My scheming mother agreed to her!” Jiyong said in disbelief.

The two were in awe upon hearing Jiyong’s explanation.

“Are we on a dramatic Korean drama? That is absurd but I must say it’s sweet too.” Youngbae said.

“ you man! I won’t marry her! Hell will freeze and still I won’t do it.” He said with finality.

“Is she pretty?” Seunghyun asked ignoring Jiyong’s statement.

“What kind of question is that?” Jiyong asked in irritation.

“Yes or No?” Seunghyun insisted.

“No! She’s one hell of a scheming freak and blackmailing minion.” Jiyong said.

“Does Kiko know this?” Youngbae asked.

Jiyong shook his head.

“No, thank heavens she’ll be gone for one month. If not, I’ll be a dead meat by now.” He said.

Nobody talked after that until Jiyong decided to talk again.

“Please help me.” He desperately said.

Both looked at him.

“How? Salvage her?” Youngbae asked.

“I wish I can do that but hyung, do you have a girlfriend now?” Jiyong asked.

Seunghyun frowned with the question.

“Why?” He asked.

“Help me hyung. Make a move on her to forget that stupid marriage she’s insisting.” Jiyong suggested.

“You’re cruel.” Seunghyun commented.

But Jiyong’s decided.

“I don’t care. I want her out of the picture. Please.” He begged.

“You freaking told me she’s not pretty.” Seunghyun said with a slight chuckle.

“She is, okay? I lied.” Jiyong said in defense.

“Just help him hyung. This is a piece of cake.” Youngbae egged.

“I’ll think about it.” Seunghyun answered.

And right now, Jiyong’s hoping that Seunghyun will agree to save his .

 

*

It was already past midnight when Jiyong went back to his condo and he expected Taeyeon to be asleep in his room. And no matter how uncomfortable he may be in the couch, he’ll never sleep in the same room with her.

But to his surprise, Taeyeon was sitting on the couch sleeping. It seems like she waited for him to arrive that she fell asleep because he’s home so late.

That time, he was able to study her face. She’s actually beautiful if he were to be honest but she’s so annoying. She should just sleep forever and not talk.

And just what kind of life does she have that she’s forcing someone to marry her?

A few seconds later, maybe she thought that someone’s with her so she slowly opened her eyes.

Those sleepy eyes looked tenderly at Jiyong and he felt something strange within him but he ignored it.

“Why are you so late? I was waiting for you.” She sleepily said.

Great, she has to talk again. And Jiyong’s irritation returned again.

“Why?” He asked.

“Fiance duties.” She said casually now without a trace of sleepiness.

Jiyong silently cursed.

“Why are you so annoying? Can you just get out of my life?” He irritatingly said.

In truth, Taeyeon’s so embarrassed with herself. Never did she do these kinds of things but if she shows Jiyong any of sign of embarrassment, she’ll fail.

So she smirked.

“Sure. So are you choosing option number one now? I’ll definitely leave if you give me all your money. Should I tell your mom?” She challenged.

Jiyong gritted his teeth when he heard that statement. This woman is such a blackmailer using his mom as a means to an end.

“ you little sly fox.” He darkly said.

Taeyeon saw his anger that she’s beginning to be afraid but she couldn’t show any hit of weakness. As long as he’s not gonna hurt her physically, then maybe she can continue. After all, it’s her parents that guide her to go to here.

She smiled so sweetly to him.

“Oh you can do that. Wherever and whenever you want after you marry me.” She said.

Jiyong closed him eyes trying to calm himself. But he just couldn’t. This woman is pissing him off.

“I won’t marry you. You hear that? Never!” He firmly said.

Taeyeon smiled again.

“Are you aware that you’re being cute right now? I’m actually attracted to mean guys so be a little nicer or I’ll deeply fall in love with you. If I do, the more you can’t get rid of me.” She said.

Jiyong gritted his teeth in irritation.

“You know what, just shut the hell up.” He said.

Then he went to the kitchen because he felt hungry and just right now, he saw and smelled some delicious meal on the table. He was having some doubts if he’ll eat but the foods are just too delicious to resist.

“Are you hungry? I prepared dinner.” Taeyeon asked.

Much as Jiyong wants to eat, his pride won through.

“Why would I eat something that you made?” He asked sarcastically.

Taeyeon looked straight into his eyes.

“Because I’m your fiancé. And you need to get used to my cooking.” She answered.

But Jiyong’s really losing his patience.

“You’re not giving up, are you?” He asked.

“You don’t give up to someone who’s worth it.” Taeyeon answered.

Jiyong unbelievingly laughed with that statement.

“That’s a bull. So what now, you think I’m worth it? Or you think my MONEY is worth it?” He asked with a sarcastic and insulting tone.

If Taeyeon really can, she would’ve punched this man on the face for being so insulting. Even if she’s poor, she’s not a gold-digger.

But of course, she promised Mrs. Kwon not to give up. She couldn’t.

“Why are you underestimating yourself? Don’t you think you’re attractive enough?” She asked.

Jiyong smirked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter