TO SEE HER AGAIN AFTER THE 15TH SUMMER

15 SUMMERS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*

 

Jiyong was so sure he saw Taeyeon and he swore he would’ve gotten out of the car had the stop light not turn green. But aside from the fact that he saw Taeyeon, another thing’s bothering him.

She was with Yoona. It’s been five years but he’s very sure Taeyeon was with Yoona. Why was she with her? How did they meet each other? And most importantly, does Seunghyun know they know each other? Which made him remember, are Seunghyun and Yoona back together?

That time, many questions kept bugging Jiyong’s head that the next morning, the first thing he did was to call a private investigator.

“Im Yoona. Find some updates about her. She’s here in Seoul. And tell me every single detail as soon as possible.” Jiyong ordered.

“Yes, Sir. By this afternoon, I’ll give you updates.” The PI said followed by a bow which Jiyong returned.

When the private investigator left, Jiyong tried to recall if it’s really Taeyeon and Yoona he saw. Was he just imagining? But how can he imagine Taeyeon being with Yoona all of a sudden? Well, it’s really brain cracking so he needed to have details as soon as possible because if them being together means Seunghyun and Yoona reconciled, then he’ll do everything to win Taeyeon back.

 

*

Both Taeyeon and Yoona were already in the school to orient the latter and meet the other teachers. They were waiting for the first set of students that time as well.

Taeyeon looked closely at the approaching teachers. If she’s not mistaken, she knows one of them from before.

“Taeyeon, meet our other teachers. Seo JooHyun and Byun Baekhyun.” Yoona introduced as the three of them bowed to each other.

“Taeyeon, as in Kim Taeyeon? You’re from Jeonju, right?” Baekhyun confirmed but somehow sure that the Taeyeon he’s talking about is really the one in front of him.

Taeyeon slightly laughed. Oh yeah, this is really Byun Baekhyun, her childhood crush.

“I believe you too. Wow, it’s good to see you again, Baekhyun.” She said.

“Yeah, so excited to work with you, noona.” Baekhyun replied.

Taeyeon secretly laughed. When they were kids, she was always pissed whenever Baekhyun would call her noona, because she wanted to call him oppa. But she couldn’t since she’s older.

“Oh, so you know each other. That’s good then. So Taeyeon, you’ll be in charge of the piano class which will start at 10AM. Good luck.” Yoona excitedly exclaimed.

“Thank you, Madam Im.” She teased making Yoona roll her eyes as Seohyun and Baekhyun laughed.

 

*

It was a busy day for Jiyong but that afternoon, the private investigator indeed brought some updates.

“Im Yoona, the youngest of the Im’s, is currently here in Seoul residing in an apartment in Dongdaemun. She’s currently managing her family’s small music school but is a bit struggling right now and currently looking for a sponsor to support the school.” The PI explained.

Jiyong frowned. Yoona’s struggling and she needs someone that can help her with their school? Why not Seunghyun? He’s damn rich.

“Have you had information about her whereabouts during the last five years?” He asked.

“Based from the files I’ve gathered, she was living in Japan for a year until she came back here in Korea. I believe she’s also been to the US. As to why, I haven’t searched for it yet.”

“That’s enough for now. Find out more about the company.” He commanded.

“Yes, Mr. Kwon.” The PI said with a bow then he bid goodbye after.

Jiyong’s confusion is continuously arising.

“If they got back together, surely, hyung would know Yoona’s problem. So does this mean they haven’t met yet?” He asked himself.

He closed his eyes then let out a sigh. One thing to find out. He’s going to the music school. He knows that place since he’s been there before when Seunghyun was courting Yoona.

 

*

The next day, Taeyeon was already in the school because Seunghyun picked her up in her apartment earlier. She was the only one there since Baekhyun and Seohyun’s class will start in the afternoon that day and Yoona was somewhere looking for a sponsor to help them.

She decided to stay in the playground and sit on the bench to think about things. First thing first, she thought about Seunghyun. They had a deal that once she’s sure she’s ready to love again, she’ll say yes to him. He’s been very nice from the start and maybe she’s being unfair to him but honestly, she still thinks about Jiyong.  And she knows she shouldn’t because from the time Jiyong took her for a fool, she promised herself never to believe in him should they meet again.

She was in deep thoughts when all of a sudden, a car stopped by the gate making her blink in disbelief because if she wasn’t mistaken, that car belongs to that someone she’s thinking about earlier.

Her heart started beating fast as she was anticipating for the driver to get down the car.

 

*

Jiyong stopped at the gate of Little Melodies but was frozen to see Taeyeon in the playground. He expected to see Yoona that day, not Taeyeon. Not the one he’s been longing for this past three months. Calming himself, he got down the car and met Taeyeon’s gaze.

His body seemed to have life of its own because he found himself slowly entering the school to approach Taeyeon who was also dumbfounded.

And when they were both face to face, he wasn’t able to stop himself. He hugged Taeyeon. So tight like he wouldn’t want to let her go anymore.  

For a moment, Taeyeon didn’t move that he could feel her heartbeat.

“I missed you… You don’t know how much I missed you.” Jiyong emotionally said as he tightened his hug.

And when he talked, Taeyeon seemed to recover so she immediately pushed him away from her.

“What are you doing here?” She asked in obvious anger after recovering from surprise.

That moment, Jiyong wasn’t paying attention to what Taeyeon was saying. He just wanted to look at her face, to ask her if she’s okay. To ask if she’s still hurt.

“Taeyeon… how have you been?” he softly asked.

 

*

Taeyeon almost rolled her eyes. Is he seriously asking how has she been? Is he that stupid?

 “You don’t need to know. What are you doing here?” she asked again not answering his question.

If she would be the same Taeyeon months ago who was patiently waiting for him, she would’ve run and hug him right at that moment. But she would never do that now even if he looked really sad… and hurt?

“Did I hurt you so much?” he asked again in a pained voice that Taeyeon had to stop herself from being swayed in that way of talking. She kept on answering him in anger instead.

“I said, what are you doing here?!” She yelled.

She saw Jiyong a bit startled with her voice that he looked down.

“I saw you… And I thought I had to follow you.” He admitted in a whisper.

Taeyeon smirked.

“You know what, that’s the worst news I received today. You can go now, you’re not welcome here.” She said in finality as she turned her back to Jiyong but she was stopped by Jiyong’s hand on her arm.

“Taeyeon, can you hear me out? I owe you an explanation.” Jiyong pleaded.

But Taeyeon doesn’t want to look l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter