PAST TENSE TO PRESENT TENSE AFTER THE 15TH SUMMER

15 SUMMERS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*

 

Outside Yoona’s office, Taeyeon was pacing back and forth. She went to school early to personally talk to Yoona because she knows they need to settle some things regarding what happened that night.

She was a bit nervous but gaining enough courage, she knocked on the door.

“Come in!” Yoona shouted inside.

Taeyeon silently came in with hesitation but as soon as she entered, she was greeted by Yoona’s smiling face.

“Oh, Taeyeon-ah, you’re early today.” She said with a smile. “Sit down.”

Taeyeon sat down the chair placed in front of the table.

“Yeah… Uhm… I just wanted to talk to you about… you know.” She awkwardly started earning a soft chuckle from Yoona.

“Oh that. Have you already talked to him?” Yoona asked talking about Seunghyun.

“Yeah, but this is about us. I mean, we’re still friends, right?” Taeyeon hesitantly asked.

Yoona smiled…but sadly.

“You know, what happened in the past was between me and Seunghyun. I met you and I liked you as my friend. It’s really such a small world, you see. But it will not change what we have, Taeyeon-ah. It may be a bit awkward but all I know is I want to remain as your friend.” Yoona said making Taeyeon’s heart burst. Im Yoona is really such a good person.

Taeyeon smiled with that. Now all her burdens fell off her chest.

“Thank you, Yoona. You’re really such a good friend.” She sincerely said.

“Yah, are we on a drama or something?” Yoona teased making the both of them laugh.

“Not really but it could be a great plot, right?” She teased back.

“I agree.” Yoona replied with a nod. “Anyway, I’ll be out later, I need to finalize things about the advertisement Jiyong’s talking about.” She added.

Upon hearing Jiyong’s name, Taeyeon’s heart suddenly started racing. Certain something is growing inside her.

“You’re meeting Jiyong today?” She casually asked. Well, she’s hoping she did.

“Maybe tonight. To catch up as well.” Yoona replied.

Tonight? Like dinner? She wanted to ask that. But she’ll die first.

“I see. Okay then, I better go.” She said with a bow then she left the room.

 

*

After her conversation with Taeyeon, Yoona left the school to finish some things regarding the advertisement they’re going to make for the school. While doing those, she suddenly got tired so she decided to go to the mall to window shop and to think about some stuffs.

Right now, she’s still thinking about what Jiyong said. The man is surely going to do something to get Taeyeon back. What about her? She still loves Seunghyun, that’s for sure. But will she fight for her feelings? Seunghyun said it himself that he loves Taeyeon so why will she do something to get him back? She owes him his happiness. With Taeyeon, he’ll be happy. But with her, he’ll always live in anger. And if she really loves him, she should make him happy. And Taeyeon is his happiness.

She deeply sighed. Now, they’re stuck in a very complicated love square.

But that moment, she decided to forget all her problems. She wanted to divert her attention so she continuously went to many different shops until one girl caught her attention.

That girl…

It was her supposed sister-in-law. So without thinking twice, she approached her.

“Sarang-ah!” She shouted making Sarang look around to find the voice who called her.

When they both saw each other, Yoona hugged Sarang while sobbing.

“Yoona-unnie? Is it really you?” Sarang asked in confusion but her tears are slowly falling too.

“It’s me, baby.” Yoona answered with a shaking voice that Sarang cried loudly.

“Unnie, where have you been? I miss you so much! Why did you leave me?” She said while hugging Yoona tightly.

“I’m sorry, Sarang-ah. But unnie’s here now, I promise---“

“Sarang!”

Both Yoona and Sarang were startled upon hearing that very familiar voice. It was Seunghyun who’s walking towards them.

He pulled Sarang not minding that the child winced in pain.

“I told you not to talk to anyone.” Seunghyun told Sarang making the child tremble in fear because of her brother.

“B-B-But it’s Y-Yoona-unnie, oppa.” The child explained.

“I don’t care. What if something happened to you? You don’t know how to listen!” He shouted still holding his sister’s arm.

“Seunghyun, I think that’s too much. We were just happy to see each other. Don’t be mad at her.” Yoona explained not minding her racing heartbeat.

“No one’s happy to see you. You can leave.” Seunghyun darkly said making Yoona step back a bit.

 

 

But she wasn’t afraid… She was hurt.

 

“No! My unnie will not leave! I’ll cry if you won’t allow her to go with us, oppa.” Sarang courageously remarked.

For a while, Seunghyun didn’t say anything then he moved away from them to have a phone call.

 

*

Jiyong has been bugging Taeyeon’s mind the whole morning and it was very obvious even in her class so she dismissed them early. She stayed on the playground to think.

Ever since she and Jiyong saw each other again, she became a mess. She couldn’t concentrate, she kept on thinking, she became confused about her own feelings. Months ago, she was sure she’s mad at Jiyong for making her look stupid in front of Kiko and for lying to her about his feelings.

But now that he came back, it seems like all the anger she had is slowly melting. And she doesn’t want that to happen because it would be unfair for Seunghyun who had been very vocal about his feelings for her and had been with her during her tough times.

Then there’s Yoona. Obviously, she still has feelings for Seunghyun and it would hurt her to see him with another woman, especially her friend.

Suddenly, she’s having second thoughts about staying. Isn’t she a bit selfish to stay knowing that the people she loves are uncomfortable? But Jiyong…

Aaaah.. She doesn’t know anymore.

 

 

“Where can you find the prettiest girl in South Korea?”

 

 

Taeyeon was startled that she immediately stood up from the bench and turned her head to check where the voice came from. She secretly sighed. It’s him again.

“What are you doing here again?” she asked with irritation.

And the devil just had to smile like an angel.

“It’s lunch. I’m hungry but I don’t want to eat alone. So here I am.” Jiyong replied with a dashing smile that he always has.

Taeyeon crossed her arms and raised her eyebrow.

“Sorry, I’ll eat with Seunghyun. He’ll be here any moment now so you can leave.” She said then she started walking away.

She may be acting like a but she’s just protecting herself from another pain Jiyong might cause her once she realizes she’s still not over him.

“Wait.” Jiyong said as he ran to follow Taeyeon that he’s already in front of her. “He’s not here yet so I still have time to be with you.” He added.

Taeyeon harshly sighed. Why can’t he just leave her alone?

“How can you be so annoying?” she asked with a slightly higher voice.

But the devil surely isn’t affected by her cruelty.

“You mean annoyingly cute?” He asked while smiling that Taeyeon had to roll her eyes.

“Annoyingly annoying.” She replied.

“But cute.” Jiyong added.

Fine, cute! But so what????????

“Ugh! Why can’t you just get a life?” She yelled being so irritated with him already.

“Hey, how can I get a life when you’re already gone?” He whined.

“What?” Taeyeon asked.

Jiyong shook his head.

“Nothing.” He replied as he wrinkled his nose. “Don’t you really want to eat with me? I remember before you still wait for me just to have dinner together and you feed me like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter