NEW LIFE AFTER THE 15TH SUMMER

15 SUMMERS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*

A/N: This will be Taeyeon’s side first so totally no GTAE interactions. Sorry. :(

 

Taeyeon was waiting for the woman to reply. She looked so pretty and nice that she forgot the saying “Don’t talk to strangers”.

“Nice meeting you, Taeyeon. I’m Yoona.” Yoona said as she extended her arm for a handshake which Taeyeon  gladly accepted.

Then she remembered the name was quite familiar. Yoona? Isn’t it the same name as Seunghyun’s ex-girlfriend?

“Oh, you have the same name as someone I’ve heard of.” Taeyeon commented.

Yoona smiled.

“Really? Oh my, what a common name I have.” Yoona joked which made Taeyeon chuckle a little. “Anyway, how did you know these are good?” She added raising the books Taeyeon suggested her.

“I used to be a piano teacher.” Taeyeon humbly said making Yoona’s both eyes widened. Taeyeon frowned with the woman’s reaction.

“Really? Oh my goodness, are you an angel? Uhm, well you see, I actually have a job offer for you. Okay, maybe this is a little weird but can I ask you out for lunch?” Yoona asked in slight embarrassment and hope.

Taeyeon hesitated for a while but sensing that Yoona is a good person, she agreed. It’s a job offer anyway.

“Sure thing.” Taeyeon answered with a smile.

It’s almost lunch time so Taeyeon and Yoona went to a nearby restaurant to talk. 

After ordering some food, they started talking about music since both are connected with the same thing. One being a music teacher, and one being a manager of a kids’ music school.

“So I’m currently managing our business. Well, to be honest, it’s struggling a little but I believe all I need are teachers like you to save it. Please help me, Taeyeon.” Yoona pleaded sounding a bit desperate.

Taeyeon again hesitated. Right now, she really needs a job to pay for her rent since she doesn’t want to accept Seunghyun’s money for help.

Yes, she and Seunghyun have still remained friends for the past three months. During the first month, she has been through a really tough time. And though she kept on telling herself to be strong, there were times she was really tempted to go and see Jiyong because she missed him so much.

And when her heart was foolishly talking, Seunghyun became her mind telling her right from wrong. And he was the one who has always been there for her. He became her shelter, her father, her best friend.

For the first few days, she stayed at Choi’s mansion and continued to be Sarang’s teacher while mending a broken heart. But she later decided to move out and find her own apartment to be independent from the Choi’s.

During that time, Jiyong never tried to contact her. Based from his heartbreaking confession, she knew it wasn’t the time for them to be together but something inside her heart is telling her to just wait because he will just fix everything and he’ll find her again. Anyway, she’s not far. And he knows where to find her.

But one week, two weeks, three weeks, and finally, one month, no shadow of Jiyong came out. And little by little, her hope died as her heart was buried under the ground.

Jiyong and Kiko got back together. That’s what she found out. After telling her he loves her and he’ll fix everything, at the end they still got back together and it killed her to know that.

Thinking about everything, she has been such a stupid love sick fool hoping for a fantasy never meant to happen. So from that time on, Taeyeon made sure she’ll never be the same crybaby if ever she gets to see him again or his family.

Speaking of family, Mrs. Kwon and Tiffany also tried to reach her through Seunghyun but she didn’t want to have any connections to them that time that she just sent a letter apologizing for not even saying goodbye and thanking them for everything. She told them that someday, when she’s totally healed, they’ll meet again.

And just when she was trying to lift herself up again, Kiko just had to go to her and break her heart once more. She clearly remembered that time.

FLASHBACK…

Taeyeon was waiting for a cab near Seunghyun’s house. That day, Seunghyun was busy with some endorsements and orientations since he started handling their own business. While the Kwons own the biggest entertainment company in Korea, the Choi’s has their fair share of riches owning one of the biggest supermarket chains in the country.

She heard her phone rang showing Seunghyun’s name. He apologized that he wasn’t able to accompany her to look for an apartment. But he promised to each lunch with her.

She smiled remembering Seunghyun. If he was not around then, maybe she’s still on the road now starved to death.

But her thoughts were cut when a car stopped in front of her. She doesn’t have any idea who the driver was so she was shocked when she saw Kiko but she kept a neutral expression.

As Kiko walked towards her, she frowned because the woman looked like an angel uncapable of committing a sin. And being the good person that she was, she won’t be mean to a person not doing anything to her. She waited for her to talk.

“Taeyeon, right? This is so embarrassing but can I ask you out for a snack? I just want to apologize for everything I did.” Kiko said looking so sincere that she was moved.

That time, Taeyeon thought that maybe, it would be a closure for the both of them so she agreed.

Kiko brought her to a classy coffee shop with only few people inside. As soon as they entered, a waiter approached them giving them both menus.

“What would you like to have, Taeyeon? This is my treat.” Kiko nicely said.

“Just a cup of hot chocolate, please.” Taeyeon told the waiter as she smiled a little to Kiko.

“I’ll have the same.” Kiko told the waiter who after bowing to them.

So while waiting for their orders, Taeyeon thought it was a little awkward since days before, Kiko was such a to her.

She heard Kiko let out a sigh before talking.

“Taeyeon, I know after what I did to you, you must see me right now as a real evil but I want to sincerely apologize. I’m really not that kind of person. I hope you understand that I felt betrayed.” Kiko sincerely said that Taeyeon thought she was the real for coming to Jiyong when she was away.

“And I’m here to say sorry for Jiyong too.” Kiko carefully said making Taeyeon look at her with her heart beating fast.

She knew they got back together but for her to hear it personally, it still hurt her like hell.

“He said he’s sorry for everything and that he really can’t face you because he’s too embarrassed. I’m really sorry Taeyeon. I know that you’re aware we’ve been dating for a long time.” Kiko added.

Upon hearing everything, Taeyeon was fighting so hard not to let her tears fall. Her whole body felt numb. She felt like a fool to believe and wait for Jiyong. But she lifted her head high then with a smile…

“Yeah, I understand and don’t worry. I won’t get in the way.” She said feeling proud of herself that she’s still brave enough to face her.

“Thank you.” Kiko said with a smile.

Not long after that, Kiko’s phone rang. She mouthed “Jiyong” somewhat asking permission whether to answer it or not. Taeyeon just nodded.

“Yes babe.. Okay, I’ll be right there… I love you too.”

Those were Kiko’s words while talking to Jiyong then she han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter