LITTLE LIGHT AFTER THE 15TH SUMMER

15 SUMMERS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*

Taeyeon kept on rolling over her bed. She couldn’t decide whether she’s on the right track for ignoring Jiyong’s advances or she’s being too harsh. If she would be honest with herself, she knows that she still feels something for Jiyong. But things are complicated between them.

First, she still has trust issues because of what happened before.

Second, there’s Seunghyun who’s always waiting for her. Speaking of him, recently he had been sweeter than before which she kind of thought was weird since he also became a bit possessive in a way. Not that it’s bad but, she just thought it’s weird.

Third, what if Kiko comes back? The same cycle will happen and she couldn’t take another pain.

She harshly sighed. Fifteen summers are over, but her heart is still not over the guy who promised to marry her.

Well, he’s actually taking a chance. But she’s torn between risking, keeping her sanity, and guilt. Earlier, Jiyong asked her why she wouldn’t give equal chances to him and Seunghyun. And she just answered it with a bored look then she walked out.

Because it is very difficult to love the same person twice. The pain might be doubled.

 

*

That same night, Jiyong and his friends met in a club for their brotherly bonding since Daesung’s in the country again.

But unlike the usual bonding they were having before the 15th summer, that night was very awkward because two of them are not in good terms.

Jiyong and Seunghyun.

“It’s nice to see each other again, right? Whoa, I’m sure we terribly missed each other.” Daesung teased to break the tension.

“Yeah, I miss you Daesung-hyung! Group hug!” Seungri added.

But the three others didn’t mind them so they just kept quiet for the next few seconds. It was Youngbae who dared to talk about the current situation.

“You two, we didn’t meet just to hear your silence!” Youngbae shouted shocking everyone.

It was very seldom to see a shouting Youngbae as he has always been calm.

“Three, four months, what? You forgot that were like brothers just because of a girl! Seriously?” He asked in disbelief.

Jiyong stood up.

“Taeyeon’s not just a girl. I love her.” He said shutting Youngbae for a while.

 Youngbae was about to answer but the other man completing the silent war talked.

“Jiyong, follow me.” Seunghyun said as he walked out expecting Jiyong to follow.

Jiyong did.

 

*

While everyone inside is partying, Jiyong and Seunghyun are facing each other in the parking lot filled with so many issues to resolve.

Both were staring darkly at each other as if they weren’t friends for a long time.

 “I don’t know what’s with you and I don’t want to know anymore. But I’m telling you, I won’t give Taeyeon up.” Seunghyun said making Jiyong clench his fists.

He doesn’t understand why Seunghyun is acting that way. Yoona told him everything that happened in the mall, and based on that, he had this feeling that Seunghyun is just blinded by his anger and pain but he still has feelings for her. If so, then why is he acting like that?

“Why are you so possessive of Taeyeon? She isn’t yours. You’re not even together.” He replied. Seriously, he should know where he stands.

“Sooner, we’ll be official. I’ll make sure of that.” Seunghyun said making Jiyong’s anger rose.

“That’s bull. She still loves me. I know she still loves me.” Jiyong replied in confidence.

Taeyeon may act like that to him, but his heart knows she just has some issues she needs to figure out herself.  And she needs time.

“Stop being so selfish and let her go. You’ve hurt her enough.” Seunghyun darkly said.

Jiyong smirked.

“Aren’t you the one being selfish here? Just because you’re confused with your feelings doesn’t mean you can force Taeyeon to be with you. Why don’t you just admit that it won’t work? She loves someone else and you love someone else. Why don’t you just make it simple?” He said hoping to knock some sense to Seunghyun.

 

*

Listening to Jiyong’s words, Seunghyun felt like he’s accusing him that he really doesn’t love Taeyeon. He does. He cares for her. He wants her to be happy.

But if he were to be honest, part of him is saying he’s not doing the right thing. Part of him says he’s being unfair to her for obliging her to just be with him and not to give Jiyong a chance. Part of him says he’s being unfair to Yoona for acting so mean to her.

She left him, yes. But she already explained herself. She didn’t leave just because she wanted to leave but because she thought she’d die.

But the pain is just too much to bear. Seeing Yoona, all the pain that he had been through all those years kept coming back. How he almost killed himself because of so much pain. It was very difficult for him to trust her again.

Then there’s Taeyeon. A perfect woman in his eyes whom he decided to love. She’s so worth it.

So at the end, he still didn’t listen to the touch of his conscience.

“Shut up. You don’t know anything!” He shouted in a determined voice.

“Oh no, I know everything. Yoona sacrificed for you but here you are treating her like a rug. Come to think of it, what kind of a boyfriend were you? You didn’t even notice that something was wrong with your girlfriend. You didn’t even notice that she was possibly dying! So much for being so caring, huh?!” Jiyong shouted back.

Jiyong’s words cut him like a knife that he wasn’t able to control himself and punched him making him fall down.

“Shut up! I won’t give Taeyeon up, you hear that?!” He shouted then left Jiyong to go to his car and leave the place.

Jiyong was left there nursing his own mouth.

 

*

Seunghyun drove fast to go to Taeyeon’s apartment as his mind is in chaos. He refused to believe everything Jiyong said because he’s afraid to admit to himself that maybe, he is indeed still in love with Yoona. And that he really didn’t love Taeyeon like how he thinks he does.

It was around 10PM when he reached Taeyeon’s apartment. He rang the doorbell continuously hoping to wake Taeyeon up if ever she’s already sleeping.

 

*

Taeyeon was still in deep thoughts on her bed when she heard the doorbell. What’s up with that?

Curious as to why the person outside seemed to be hurrying, she hurriedly went out of her room to open the door and she was a bit surprised to see Seunghyun with a stressed face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter