SILENT HOPES ON THE 15TH SUMMER

15 SUMMERS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*

It’s dawn.

Taeyeon whined upon hearing her phone continuously ringing.  She still wants to sleep because she slept late last night yet the noise is not allowing her to do so. So without looking at her phone screen, she answered the call.

 “Wake up. I’m waiting here outside your room.” Jiyong said.

It was Jiyong.

Though still sleepy, she understood very well what he wanted her to do. He wants her to go outside and she doesn’t have a single idea why. So with a slightly lethargic voice, she answered.

“Why?” She asked.

“You’re asking too much. Just go here. Quick.” Jiyong ordered then he ended the call.

Taeyeon let out a sigh before deciding to follow Jiyong’s order. There’s nothing to lose anyway. So she got up the bed, fixed herself and silently went outside not disturbing Tiffany’s sleep.

 

*

The wind softly blows as Jiyong patiently waits for Taeyeon outside the room. Last night, he wasn’t able to sleep. He’s thinking about many things about himself. Like the changes he’s feeling. Assessing himself, he knows he still loves his girlfriend. But what’s bothering him is that he feels something for Taeyeon he couldn’t name. Something that’s becoming strong every day but something he’s not sure of what’s worth.

He was calmly looking at the sea when he heard the door opened revealing a calm beauty named Kim Taeyeon. And looking at her now, he can tell she’s still a bit confused as to why she’s there.

“Are we going somewhere?” Taeyeon asked.

He slightly nodded.

“We’re going to watch the sunrise.” Jiyong said as he grabbed her hand and started walking towards the lighthouse near the beach.

*

After about ten minutes of walking and climbing the lighthouse, Jiyong and Taeyeon reached the top and they were both amazed of the sight.

Taeyeon looked outside, no sunrise yet but almost. And it would’ve been a perfect scenario. She’s with the guy she likes while waiting for the sunrise in a light house.

Jiyong, on the other hand, is silently watching Taeyeon looking at the view. He thought he was looking at a goddess. And just now, he had to ask himself again why he brought her there. He had to ask himself again why he has the urge to wrap his arms around her.

But after their comfortable silence, Taeyeon talked.

“This is very beautiful. Have you been here with Kiko?” She asked not looking at Jiyong.

“Yeah. But not in sunrise.” Jiyong answered trying to keep his girlfriend at the back of his mind.

That time, it’s for him and Taeyeon. Whatever. In that sunrise, it’s just Jiyong and Taeyeon.

“Why?” She asked finally looking at him as the wind blows through her hair.

Damn, so beautiful. So beautiful that Jiyong had to look away again.

“She doesn’t like these kinds of things.” He answered looking straight at the view.

Taeyeon slightly chuckled.

“And you thought I would like this?” She teased.

Jiyong grinned. Yeah, did you think she would like this?

“Well, this is so Taeyeon.” He commented.

Taeyeon smiled at his answer. Yeah, this is so her.  

“And this is so not Jiyong.” She answered back.

Jiyong then raised his eyebrow and faced her again.

“Tell me who Jiyong is then.” He said with arms crossed.

Taeyeon placed her index finger into her temple in a thinking gesture.

“Hmm. Let’ see. Jiyong is a mean and arrogant guy. He can be a little sweet sometimes but mostly he’s not. He’s cute. And he’s the guy who promised to marry me.” She said in enumeration.

Jiyong’s smile faded after Taeyeon said her last sentence. He looked away one more time thinking what to answer.

“What if he doesn’t marry you?” He asked.

*

Taeyeon’s heart felt like crushing when Jiyong asked his question. Something she didn’t want to hear and feel.

So yeah, what if she doesn’t marry her? What will she do?

 

 

 

After moments of silence, Taeyeon answered.

“I’ll cry but I’ll live.” She simply stated trying so hard to forget the throbbing pain rising inside her.

 But Jiyong had to hold her hand and intertwined it with his. They’re holding hands yet not looking at each other.

“It’s so unfair how a special woman like you is hanging because of him.” He said talking as if he’s not the person they’re talking about.

She sadly smiled. Yeah, she’s hanging but at least, she’s holding on to something no matter how thin it may be.

“It’s my choice.” She answered.

Then she tried to remove her hands. He allowed it.

But the next thing he did was to softly grab her shoulders, looked into her eyes… her lips… And cupped her chin with his thumb and index finger. Maybe waiting for the sunrise is making him lose his mind.

Because that moment, he’s slowly moving his face closer to kiss her.

“You’re so beautiful, Taeyeon. Close your eyes.” He commanded in a very soft voice.

 

*

And she did.

Taeyeon’s heart was beating so fast that she thought she’s losing her mind.

That time, she thought hoping isn’t that bad if they’re gonna share something like this.

So slowly…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Unknowingly…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

With eyes closed …

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They almost kissed.

But Taeyeon remembered something that she had to gasp.

“Wait, I don’t know how to kiss, Jiyong.” She said as the immediately looked down, biting her lips in humiliation.

Then that made Jiyong stopped and looked away.

Taeyeon, who was dying in embarrassment, did the same.

Hell, what was that?

But the sunrise was like an angel in disguise arriving right in time.

 

*

Jiyong and Taeyeon didn’t talk to each other after what happened even until the time they went back to Seoul. It was just too awkward. And confusing, at least on Jiyong’s part.

But when they arrived home, they had no choice but to talk to each other.

“Do you want to use the room?” Jiyong asked not looking at Taeyeon’s eyes.

“No, it’s okay. You should rest, I’ll stay here.” Taeyeon answered without looking as well.

Jiyong nodded and started walking towards the room. But he remembered he wants to do something tomorrow so he looked back.

“Uhm… You have lesson tomorrow?” He asked.

She nodded.

“Yeah. Seunghyun said Sarang’s home already.” She answered.

Then he nodded thinking if he should ask Taeyeon to come with him.

“I suddenly missed my parents so I want to sleep at the mansion. Do you want to come?” He hesitantly asked.

To his surprise, Taeyeon’s face lightened then she smiled like a child. And it felt like the atmosphere was changed from being awkward to being the usual playful scene they have again.

“Wow. And he finally realized it. Thank heavens.” She teased while she cutely clapped her hands.

He frowned for a while but smiled the next.

“Hey, don’t tell my mom anything, you understand? Play fair.” He said.

Taeyeon gave a thumbs up sign.

“Sure, I won’t. I won’t tell her that you planned to kiss me in the sunrise. Anything else?” She asked but bit her tongue the next moment.

Stupid girl! You didn’t just about that.

Jiyong chuckled in amusement.

“Yeah.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter