HEARTACHES AFTER THE 15TH SUMMER

15 SUMMERS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*

 

A/N: Please don’t kill me, still with no GTAE. I hope we’ll all be patient. Hehe. *fingerscrossed*

 

Jiyong is in his office looking outside the building. Three months. So many things happened in that span of time. So short yet the pain and the truth he found out was so devastating that he almost went crazy.

He can still remember everything and it cuts inside his whole being. Maybe it’s the price he had to pay for hurting Taeyeon, his family and Kiko too.

He tried to recall his life the past three months.

The last phone conversation they had, Jiyong knew Taeyeon was crying on the other line. He knew she was hurt but he was equally hurt and he didn’t expect that Kiko will go far as killing herself just to let him stay with her. Somehow, he felt scared that she might do something bad to herself and who knows, maybe Taeyeon, if he totally leaves her.

That’s why he decided to stick to Kiko even though his heart is telling otherwise. He stayed because he won’t allow her to harm herself and if she recovers a bit, he’ll ask her to get some professional help. He didn’t have a choice. It’s his fault anyway.

And while taking care of Kiko, he promised himself not to contact Taeyeon to stop hurting both her and Kiko. But he promised himself one thing too. One day, when everything’s fixed, he’ll find Taeyeon again.

Because of his decision, his family got very upset with him especially his mom and because of his decision, he found out a shocking truth which almost killed him.

He can still clearly remember he had with his mom.

FLASHBACK…

Jiyong was drinking alone that night in his condo; the only time he had to himself since Kiko came back. She had to attend a fashion show that she couldn’t cancel. She actually begged for him to go with her but he didn’t want to come. Kiko became paranoid but he assured her that he isn’t going to contact Taeyeon.

Then suddenly, a loud knock was heard outside. He opened it and it was his mother who was glaring at him with so much anger.

Deep inside Jiyong’s mind, he wanted to ask his mom for help but he couldn’t do it because he’s afraid of what Kiko can do to the people around her. He just looked down. He knew his mom is very upset.

“How could you be so stupid, Jiyong? How could you hurt Taeyeon like that? Don’t you know that she didn’t even want to talk to me and Tiffany? This is because of you! Seriously, how can you be so blind? How can you only see your girlfriend’s good side when everything about her shouts wickedness?!” Mrs .Kwon exclaimed in so much disappointment.

Jiyong tried to calm down. His mother is right. But as much as he wanted to admit it, he didn’t. He needed to fix everything by himself.

“Omma, there are things you won’t understand. I know I’ve been a jerk but there’s a reason why I did everything I’m doing now. I’m sorry to hurt you and everyone else. But that’s all I can say for now.” He said.

Mrs. Kwon smirked and shook her head in disbelief.

“What reason? Because you love your girlfriend? Because you’ve been together for a long time? Stupid! If you even intend to marry that girl, then forget that I even exist in this world. I was disappointed with you for a long time already but I gave you a chance because I thought maybe in the long run, you’ll realize she’s not good for you. But you chose to be blind and let an amazing woman pass because of her.” Mrs. Kwon continued while shooting daggers at him.

Somehow, he realized how deep his mom’s anger for Kiko is. But they didn’t even talk for longer than five minutes ever. Why would his mom hate her so much?

“Why do you hate her so much, omma? I don’t understand. What has she done wrong that you can afford to say those things to me?” Jiyong asked in both confusion and hurt.

His mom seemed taken aback that she wasn’t able to talk for a while but after a moment, she let out a deep sigh then sat down the couch.

“Sit down, Jiyong.” She said as she motioned Jiyong to sit beside her which Jiyong followed.

Mrs. Kwon’s aura seemed to change from being angry to something like… pity? Or guilt?

“I’ve kept this for a long time already and maybe it’s time for you to know. This wouldn’t change anything but it’s up to you to believe it or not.” She started.

Jiyong frowned in confusion but his heart started beating fast. He suddenly had a feeling that what his mother will say is something shocking.

********

A tear escaped Jiyong’s eye which he wiped the next moment.

“I’m sorry, baby… I might not or be your dad, I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to save you.” He cried.

Then he painfully recalled his conversation with his mom again.

*********

Before talking again, Mrs. Kwon let out a sigh and looked at his son with teary eyes.

Then she narrated everything. Every single thing.

*

Jiyong introduced his girlfriend to them. He told them good things about a certain Japanese woman named Kiko. And Mrs. Kwon was just so glad because finally, his son is ending his womanizing ways. But when she met her son’s gilrfriend, she was bothered that she didn’t like the girl though she was very pretty and she seemed nice yet she let that pass thinking that maybe she’s just adjusting.

But as time goes by, Jiyong started to have lesser time for them that he even decided to move out of the mansion. But then again, the family supported his decision since he wanted to be independent.

And that was the start of Jiyong neglecting his own family just to focus with his girlfriend. They traveled a lot, he spent his money a lot for her, and he spent all his time for her.

Mrs. Kwon didn’t think of that as a healthy thing so she decided to talk to his son. One time, she visited Jiyong’s condo. To her surprise, the door was opened and before she can enter, she heard Kiko talking to someone.

She heard her smirk.

“Don’t worry about that, I already aborted the baby. I can have lots of it in the future, what’s important now is my career. I’m gonna be the best model in the whole world so I don’t ing care that I killed it.” Kiko evilly stated which was followed by a laugh.

Mrs. Kwon was mortified upon hearing that. If she heard it correctly, Kiko aborted a child that was supposed to be her son’s child. And with anger and hatred, she entered the house.

“Murderer! How dare you kill my son’s child?!” she yelled in anger as she entered then slapped Kiko without hesitation. She was panting after that.

Kiko was shocked that the phone fell and she started looking nervous while holding her cheek that Mrs.Kwon has slapped.

“Ommoni, i-it’s not w-what you t-think. That was a… line  from a drama I’m shooting. Yes. That’s it.” Kiko explained obviously lying by the way she looked and talked.

But Mrs. Kwon didn’t cool down because sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter