WAY BACK BEFORE THE 15TH SUMMER

15 SUMMERS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*

 

Taeyeon was like “Hello?? I’m not a freaking robot toy!!!” while trying to pull her arms from Jiyong and Seunghyun who are currently having a staring battle.

“And who are you to tell me what to do?” Seunghyun asked in a dangerous tone.

Taeyeon’s beginning to be embarrassed since they are slowly getting attention from the people inside the restaurant.

“Nobody. But I believe somebody here wants to talk to you so if you’ll leave, you’ll leave with her not with Taeyeon.” Jiyong answered in a firm voice.

“And why is that? Taeyeon’s my date so she’ll go with me.” Seunghyun stubbornly said pulling Taeyeon’s arm again.

“She won’t go with you because she’ll stay her with me.” Jiyong answered not letting go of Taeyeon’s other arm.

“She’s my soon-to-be girlfriend so she won’t stay with you.” Seunghyun said in confidence mumming Jiyong for a while.

But Taeyeon was getting annoyed already add the fact that her arms hurt a little because of these two stubborn men thinking she’s a rope in “tug-of-war”. 

She accidentally looked at Yoona who’s silently sobbing while looking at Seunghyun . Her heart bled for her friend so with all her strength left, she pulled her arms from both of the guys.

“Stop! What am I, a rope? Let go of me!” She hissed as she pulled her arms which the two guys let go. Then she faced Seunghyun.

“Seunghyun, I’m not coming with you. Yoona is.” She said in determination seeing the need of the two to talk to each other.

“What are you trying to do, Taeyeon?” Seunghyun asked obviously calming his voice for her.

Taeyeon let out a sigh.

“I won’t talk to you if you won’t talk to her.” Taeyeon stubbornly answered making Yoona pull her arm to stop her.

“Taeyeon… You don’t need to do this.” Yoona said.

 

*

Hearing Yoona’s voice again, Seunghyun got so pissed. And what does she want? Lure him again with her tears for everything to be okay? Why does she even have to come back? And worse, why does she have to be friends with Taeyeon?

“If you won’t come with me, I’m leaving. I’m sorry for doing this, Taeyeon. But this is just too much for me.” Seunghyun said as he walked out after giving Yoona a look filled with anger.

*

Seunghyun just left and when Yoona recovered from her emotions, without saying goodbye to both Jiyong and Taeyeon, she ran outside to follow Seunghyun.

“Seunghyun!” she called when she saw him walking outside while kicking the air and cursing.

He heard her call as he faced her with a very dangerous look that Yoona had to step back a little.

“I-I want to talk to you.” She said then her tears started flowing down because she’s so hurt to see Seunghyun this angry with her. She understood. It was her fault but still… it hurts.

“Stop following me, Yoona-ssi. I don’t need a stalker.” Seunghyun rudely said as he turned his back and walked towards his car.

But Yoona won’t waste this chance so she rain again to follow Seunghyun but she lost her balance and fell hurting her ankle in the process.

“Aww!” she winced in pain while closing her eyes.

With that pain, she knew it would be difficult to stand up so she silently cried again not moving because she lost her chance to explain but to her surprise, she felt strong arms carrying her that she widened her eyes.

“We’ll go to the hospital.” He said.

But she shook her head.

“No. Bring me to that place.”

 

*

Inside the restaurant, Taeyeon was looking down so embarrassed because people are still looking at them. Fortunately, Seunghyun and Yoona left before the security guard approach them.

But aside from the embarrassment she’s feeling, she can also feel her fast heartbeat. And she didn’t know whether to stay or leave. Good thing Jiyong talked.

“Are you alright?” he asked with a voice filled with concern.

“Yeah.” she answered forgetting the need to be rude. “So Yoona is really Seunghyun’s ex-girlfriend?” she asked.

Jiyong nodded.

“More like ex-fiancé.” He replied.

“Small world.” She said with a nod feeling a bit awkward.

Seriously, Taeyeon, you’ll be comfortable if you’ll just be mean.

“Indeed since I saw you again.” Jiyong answered making her look at him because of that cheesy line.

Their gazes lingered for a while but Taeyeon looked away first while silently cursing herself. She should be mad!

“Too bad I had to see you again.” She sarcastically replied.

But to her surprise, Jiyong smiled. So cutely that she has to look away and act mean again. Seriously Taeyeon, are you acting like a shy school girl?! Yesterday, you were so dignified in front of him being mad and all. But now, well, if she were to be honest, after saying those things to Jiyong, she felt like the burden she’s been keeping lightened. She felt less angry. But still angry nevertheless.

“Did you laugh?” she rudely asked.

“No. But it’s funny how you’re the one being mean now.” Jiyong casually answered that she had to roll her eyes.

“Oh no. He’s talking about being mean.” She said in a sarcastic tone.

But instead of commenting in her last statement, Jiyong turned serious and touched her face that she froze.

“How have you been, Tae? Did you really cry a lot?” he asked in a soft voice that Taeyeon thought if he’s gonna kiss her that moment, she’ll willingly response.

So before that happens, she hit his hand and stood up immediately.

“I’m leaving.” She said then turned her back but Jiyong grabbed her arm again.

Ugh, why is everyone doing that? Tomorrow she won’t be wondering if she’ll have a fractured arm.

“Hey, you’ve already ordered. It’s rude to leave. Let’s eat for a while.” he said.

That time, Taeyeon had to think what is with Jiyong’s presence that’s making her stay. So with an annoyed look, she sat down again.

Moments later, the food she and Seunghyun ordered earlier arrived but she wasn’t in the mood to eat. It was just Jiyong who did.

“Aaahh. This isn’t even an inch closer to your cooking. I lost weight. I miss Kim Taeyeon’s recipes.” Jiyong cutely said.

Taeyeon, get a grip! YOU. ARE. ANGRY. NOT. IN. LOVE.

“They don’t miss you at all. And be skinny like a barbecue stick and I won’t care.” She replied trying to suppress her fast heartbeat. Her nervousness. Her… longing?

No. No. No. Delete!

But the jerk smiled. He smiled!

“What’s funny?” she rudely asked.

“Did I laugh? I smiled.” He innocently answered.

Taeyeon closed her eyes and mentally counted to ten to calm herself.

“Fine. What’s there to smile about?”

“You. Everything about you is worth smiling about.” He sincerely answered and reached her hand which she immediately pulled.

Okay, Taeyeon, breathe. You aren’t going to be happy with that answer. He made you look like a fool before. That was like hell! You are angry, okay? Relax. You’re angry.

“Don’t touch me. I want to puke to the point of dehydration.” She commented wishing for Jiyong to just shut up.

“it’s fine. I’ll take care of you.” He said.

Taeyeon was dumbfounded for the nth time. Did you hear that? Did you freaking hear that?! The jerk is talking like nothing happened three months

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter