A NEW GUY ON THE 15TH SUMMER

15 SUMMERS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*

“You said you don’t like me so why are you afraid? Why Jiyong, are you starting to like me?” She boldly asked.

For a split second, Jiyong was caught off guard with the question. What is that?

Taeyeon, on the other hand, regretted asking but she couldn’t take it back so she just patiently waited for Jiyong’s answer yet he didn’t respond. She thought maybe he’s thinking of a little less harsh words for her so she just decided to . Maybe not tonight, Taeyeon.

“Iiiiiiih, you’re starting to like me.” Taeyeon teased.

 But Jiyong was thankful that Taeyeon didn’t push through with the serious question.

“Ugh, why are you so annoying? Fine! But don’t say I’m a ert if I you.” He said. 

“You won’t. You don’t like me yet.” She said.

Moments later, they were both lying on the bed then Taeyeon moved closer and grabbed Jiyong’s arm to lie on it.

“Hey!” Jiyong said trying to push her.

But Taeyeon slapped his arm.

“Tsk. Stay still.” She said.

Jiyong thought that if he’s stubborn, the more she is so he just let it be but ignoring the fact that she has a very sweet scent.

Then suddenly, weird Taeyeon started to sing.

“Taeyeon, you are so weird! Why are you singing?” Jiyong asked.

Taeyeon stopped for a while to answer Jiyong’s question.

“To make you sleep. This is a lullaby.” She explained.

Jiyong laughed at how crazy this girl can be.

“You don’t need to do weird things. Seriously, you’re making me laugh.” He said.

“Exactly, I’m making you laugh. See how fun your life will be with me.” Taeyeon said.

“Kiko can make me laugh too.” He said in defense.

“I know, but I’m unique.” She said.

“You are. Who would knock on someone’s door claiming that she’s that someone’s fiancé?” He asked her.

Taeyeon smiled at the thought. Yeah, weird people do that.

“Nobody but me. That’s why you need to choose me. Models are so cliché.” She said.

Jiyong really couldn’t believe the confidence this woman is displaying. In front of his face, she’s telling him that his girlfriend is cliché. But instead of being insulted, he found it funny. If Kiko will just hear what she said, maybe Taeyeon’s bald now.

“And what’s not?” He asked.

“A pianist. Not so tall, not so editorially pretty, but pretty nevertheless.” She said.

Jiyong chuckled then he pinched her nose.

“Ouch!” She said as she slapped his hand.

“You’re so full of yourself, I swear.” Jiyong said.

“I think so too. But you’ll never know. It might work.” She said.

“Sing already.” He said.

Taeyeon started singing again as she interlaced her fingers with Jiyong’s.

And he didn’t do anything about it.

 

*

Next morning, Jiyong went to the office early while Taeyeon started to clean the house.

 Moments later, she suddenly received a call from Tiffany.

“Good morning sister-in-law! “Tiffany greeted.

“Hi Tiff, what’s up?” She said.

“I have a news for you. My mom asked me to tell you about it. Do you want a job?” Tiffany asked.

Upon hearing that, Taeyeon felt excited. Of course she wants a job. At least, worse comes to worst, she’ll still have a money basket. 

“I would love to. May I know what job would it be?” She asked.

“A piano teacher. My mom’s friend asked her if she knows a good piano teacher for her daughter so she recommended you. But it would be night time. Around 7PM, would that be okay for you?” Tiffany asked.

7PM? If she would accept it, she’ll have lesser time with Jiyong but a job is a job. She needs to accept it.

“Of course, I’m so happy. Thank you Tiff. Please tell your mom too. You’re the best.” Taeyeon said.

“And the prettiest. Anyway, if you can start tonight, I’ll give you the address. I’m sorry I can’t go with you though because Youngbae and I will go somewhere.” Tiffany apologetically said.

“It’s fine, Tiff. You’ve been a great help. Thank you so much.” She said.

“You’re welcome, sis! Fighting! Make my brother fall head over heels for you.” She said.

Taeyeon just laughed. Then they ended the call.

“Hope you’re still here but thank you Omma, Appa.” She said as she looked up.

The whole day, she prepared everything Jiyong will need when he arrives home. She made sure that even if she’s not there, her actions will still be remembered.

Then she texted him.

To: Jiyong

I’ll be home late. Foods are in the fridge. Don’t skip meal. Just text me if you miss me. *flyingkiss*

 

*

Jiyong was busy looking at the profiles of the batch that have auditioned when he received a text from Taeyeon.

“Where would this crazy girl go?” He asked himself then he replied.

To: Taeyeon

Just make sure not to come back. :D

 He sent that message with a smile. Suddenly, he remembered Kiko. Is he cheating on her? Maybe, right?

“Sorry babe. Just until you come back.” He said as he suddenly felt guilty.

 

*

That night, Taeyeon arrived at the address Tiffany gave her. She was a little bit nervous because she doesn’t have any idea if the people inside this house are nice like Jiyong’s family.

But she didn’t waste any time as she rang the doorbell. Moments later, an ahjumma opened the door.

“Good evening. I’m the piano teacher.” Taeyeon greeted as she introduced herself.

“Oh, please come in.” The old lady greeted with a smile.

When Taeyeon entered the house, she was at awe again. It was very beautiful like the Kwon’s house.

“Madame Choi is not here. But her children are here, Ms. Sarang will be your student. Wait a moment, I’ll call her.” The old lady said.

“Yes, thank you.” Taeyeon answered.

They bowed to each other again then the old lady went upstairs.

After few moments, the old lady came back with a very cute girl who seems shy.

“Her name’s Sarang. She will be your student. Miss, she will be your new piano teacher.” The old lady said.

But Sarang is very shy so Taeyeon decided to approach her.

“Hi Sarang. You’re so cute. I’m Taeyeon. Do you have an unnie?” She asked.

Sarang shook her head.

“Really? I’ll be your unnie then. You can call me Taeyeon-unnie.” Taeyeon said.

But Sarang didn’t answer.

“She’s a little shy but just keep on talking to her. So, Taeyeon-ssi, I’ll leave her to you. In a little while, her brother will go down to meet you.” The old lady as she bowed and left the two.

“Let’s go, Sarang.” Taeyeon said as she led Sarang on the piano.

“Do you know how to play already?” Taeyeon asked.

Sarang nodded.

“Wow! Can you play for unnie?” Taeyeon asked trying to build rapport to her but she’s really shy.

Sarang shook her head.

“Uhm, do you want unnie to play for you?” She asked again.

She shook her head.

 Taeyeon’s thinking so hard on how to make the girl then she suddenly thought of an idea.

“Sarang, look over there.” Taeyeon said pointing somewhere.

Sarang looked at her finger’s direction so she did her plan. She tickled her hours on end and as expected, the little girl laughed so loudly. Taeyeon smiled, piece of cake.

“Taeyeon-unnie, you’re so pretty. You know, my oppa is very handsome too. You will meet him later.” Sarang excitedly said.

Taeyeon smiled again. Her student is so cute.

“Really? Yes, I believe that your oppa is very handsome because you are very cute.” She said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter