LETTING GO ON THE 15TH SUMMER

15 SUMMERS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*

Taeyeon doesn’t want to wake up and go outside the room because she can hear Jiyong and Kiko fighting over skype.

Again, she saw how difficult their situation is. In less than two weeks, she will have to let Jiyong go if he doesn’t choose her. And he’s not even giving her any assurance that he’ll do. Actions aren’t enough. It’s just giving false hopes.

So she buried herself in her pillow and blanket though she can still hear the conversation.

*

In the living room, Jiyong’s having a headache because of another fight.

“I said I was busy but that doesn’t mean you will stop from sending me messages!” Kiko said.

There goes the demanding Kiko again.

“What do you want me to do? I send you messages once in a while even though you’re not replying any of them. I also have a life, babe. Please understand that.” Jiyong explained.

Though he’s a little bit guilty that he’s feeling something weird for another girl, he doesn’t want to deal with his nagging girlfriend. He’s just too confused to even fight.

“Ah, you’re talking to me like that now? Why? Is there someone else?” Kiko asked still yelling with a face filled with anger.

Jiyong silently cursed. And brushed his hair with his fingers.

“Why are you talking like that? What’s the real issue here? Is it about me not texting you EVERY SINGLE TIME or about thinking that I have someone else?” He asked.

Kiko’s expression still didn’t change. She’s still mad.

“You tell me. Because you’re not the same Jiyong I left.” She challenged.

Uh-oh. There. He’s dying of guilt now.

“Please let’s stop. Okay, I promise to call you more. Don’t be mad anymore, please babe.” He pleaded.

Kiko still looked in doubt but she nodded nevertheless.

“Make sure, Jiyong. You know you’re only mine. Anyway, there are changes in my schedule so I might go home earlier. It depends. I might surprise you. And call me every time. I should be your priority above everyone else, okay?” She said.

Not wanting another argument, Jiyong just nodded. Then they ended the video call.

Jiyong sighed in frustration. He’s now realizing that not every time, it’s magic. There’s Kiko. In reality, he has Kiko. While in fantasy, he has Taeyeon. Unless he chooses her, she will never become his reality.

And there’s his mom insisting that Taeyeon is the best for him. But she is forcing her. He may feel something for Taeyeon and he knew it’s getting deeper but is that enough to waste the time he had with Kiko?

He originally planned to propose to Kiko this year anyway. Stick with her and everything will be fine.

But Taeyeon…

She’s holding him back. Deep inside his heart, something’s telling him to choose her. But something’s telling him to let her go as well. So if he truly cares for her, then he should not be selfish. He should not leave her hanging.

But then again, it’s hurting him just thinking about that.

“Ugh!” He sighed in frustration.

Moments later, Taeyeon went out of the room having a face filled with sympathy.

She went towards him in slight hesitation.

“Are you okay?” She asked with a hint of concern.

He’s not. Of course, he’s not. But he nodded.

“Yeah.” He simply said then he went to the kitchen to drink some water.

Taeyeon didn’t move from where she was but still continued the conversation.

“Is she mad at you?” She asked again.

Jiyong put down the glass on the table then looked at her. He wanted to say “NO” but it’s just too obvious.

“She is. It’s my fault anyway.” He simply answered. “I better leave.” He added not waiting for Taeyeon’s answer.

And when he left, Taeyeon felt fear rising through her. Fear that sooner Jiyong will have to decide whom to choose.

 

*

The whole day, Jiyong kept himself busy in the office to temporarily forget his dilemma. Earlier, he left home because of guilt.

He cheated on his girlfriend, that’s for sure. And he doesn’t want to stay home because he knows he’s being unfair to Kiko.

On the other hand, he doesn’t want to stay at home because he’s sure he won’t be able to control himself when it comes to Taeyeon and if he ignores her, he’s also sure he wouldn’t want to see her hurt.

That’s how crazy his life is that moment.

But suddenly, his phone rang revealing Seunghyun’s photo. He frowned. Is he going to confront him about Taeyeon?

“Yeah, hyung. Why?” He asked.

“Where are you? Taeyeon just arrived here for the lesson but Sarang’s sick and she wants Taeyeon to sleep here. And… Sarang’s looking for you too. Is it okay for you to come over?” Seunghyun asked.

Without second thoughts, Jiyong agreed.

“Of course! But is she okay, hyung? Is it something serious?” He worriedly asked.

“Not that serious. She’s just having fever and she feels very weak but the doctor said she’ll be fine.” Seunghyun answered.

Jiyong sighed in relief.

“Okay. I’ll be there.” He said then they ended the call.

Without further ado, Jiyong left the building to go to the Choi’s mansion.

 

*

After 20 minutes, Jiyong reached the Choi’s and was welcomed by Seunghyun.

“Where’s Sarang, hyung?” He asked.

“In her room with Taeyeon. Let’s go.” Seunghyun answered.

Both of them immediately went to Sarang’s room without talking to each other.

Jiyong knows something’s off between them but they weren’t able to talk about it yet. Somehow, he felt bad that this is happening to him and his best friend because they’ve never been aloof with each other.

When they reached the room, they saw Taeyeon singing for Sarang so both of them stayed near the door and observed the woman singing like an angel.

That moment, Jiyong wanted to go out because seeing and hearing Taeyeon sing is another burden for him. Who would not feel something for that kind of sight? Maybe his hyung feels the same.

Taeyeon continued singing for a while until Sarang opened her eyes and saw her oppas.

“Jiyong-oppa.” Sarang weakly said.

 

*

Taeyeon immediately looked at their direction. The moment she saw Jiyong, her heart started beating fast again. She isn’t sure but she can tell something’s wrong with him. With them.

She saw him walking towards her and Sarang while Seunghyun went out of the room.

Taeyeon stood up to give Jiyong a chance to sit beside Sarang.  He murmured his thanks as he sat on the edge of the bed while caressing the child’s hair.

“Baby, please be well, okay? I don’t want my girlfriend to be sick.” Jiyong sweetly told the child.

Sarang tried to move but she grimaced because she really feels weak.

“But oppa, it hurts here and here and here.” Sarang said while pointing her head and other parts of her tiny body.

Jiyong kissed her forehead, her temple, and then her arm. And Taeyeon could only watch the sweet moment they are having.

“Later, oppa’s kisses will take effect so you need to rest, okay?” Jiyong assured the child making her calm.

Sarang nodded with a smile then closed her eyes. Moments later, she fell asleep.

 

*

Jiyong stood up when he noticed that Sarang’s already asleep. Now, he has to deal with Taeyeon again. He originally planned to go outside without talking to her but he failed when she called his name.

“Jiyong…” She called.

And she had to speak with that soft voice.

“I think I need to go outside.” He said as he abruptly looked at her then started walking again.

But with a pained voice, she talked again.

“Are you ignoring me?” She asked.

YES, BECAUSE YOU’RE MAKING EVERYTHING DIFFICULT FOR ME.

Well, that’s what he wanted to say.

“Why would you say that?” He asked instead.

He heard her sigh.

“I just feel like you’re acting a little indifferent since this morning. I texted you and you didn’t reply. You’re not like that.” She said.

Yeah, he remembered her texting earlier but he didn’t respond because of guilt.

“I was just a little busy. Alright, take care of Sarang. I’ll go now. Be safe.” He said then he started walking again without looking at Taeyeon.

“Jiyong…” She called out again.

So he stopped but didn’t look at her.

“Yeah?” He simply asked.

She didn’t talk for a while that Jiyong’s tempted to see how she looks that moment.

“Please don’t ignore me.” She said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter