CONFUSION ON THE 15TH SUMMER

15 SUMMERS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*

Jiyong’s in the office the whole day already yet he’s still thinking about the kiss last night. It was a meaningless kiss on the cheek yet he doesn’t understand why it’s bothering him.

Right now, he couldn’t concentrate on the things he needed to do because all he could think about is this one question: “DOES HE REALLY LIKE TAEYEON?”

And while having that thought, he received a call from Kiko. He sighed looking at his phone screen because he feels guilty again. Lately, he’s been going back and forth to being guilty and something like being jealous. He doesn’t know too. Confusing as he may call it.

“Good afternoon there, handsome.” Kiko said.

“Good afternoon babe. How’s your day?” He asked trying to sound cheerful.

“It was fine. I’ll start the rehearsal tomorrow for my new project. Where are you? You didn’t text or call me last night and even this morning.” She asked with a hint of annoyance.

“Office. I’m sorry babe, I was tired. Are you mad?” He asked trying to put his guilt at the back of his mind.

“I want to but since you’re the reason why I got booked, I won’t. Anyway, make time for me, skype and everything. I want it every day, text me what you’re doing, still make me your priority, okay, babe?” She continuously said.

Jiyong sighed. Here goes the demanding Kiko again.

“Yeah, I will.” He simply said.

“Okay. I gotta go. Bye, I love you.” She said.

“I love you too.” He answered then they ended the call.

And just right now, Jiyong’s having an imaginary headache because of the things happening in his life.

 

*

Taeyeon’s currently outside the company building. Mrs. Kwon called her earlier and asked her to bring foods for Jiyong thinking that his son skipped lunch again. But right now, she’s thinking how she can enter his office when she doesn’t know anyone inside. And she couldn’t contact Jiyong because his phone was busy.

So she decided to talk to the security guard.

 “I’m looking for Kwon Jiyong’s office. I need to give something to him.” She told the guard.

The security guard looked at her from head-to-toe as if screening her deciding if she can even pass as Jiyong’s acquaintance.

“Who are you?” The guard asked.

“I’m Kim Taeyeon. His mom asked me to bring something for him so I’m here. Can you please call him?” Taeyeon calmly said.

Then the guard smirked.

“Sorry, Ms. Kim. I can’t allow you to enter.” He said.

Taeyeon frowned.

“And why is that?” She asked.

“Looking at you now, I don’t think someone like you will know Mr. Kwon personally. And you even have the nerve to use Madame Kwon’s name. Okay before I do something, please go now.” The guard said.

If Taeyeon would follow her instinct, she would’ve punched this ahjussi’s face for being so judgmental. Someone like her? What does that even mean?

So with her head held up high, she looked at him eye-to-eye.

“You’re so judgmental, Ahjussi. Jiyong knows me because I’m his fiancé. Call him or else I’ll tell him to fire you.” She said with a raging voice then she looked at the man’s name plate.

“Park Myeongsu. Do you want to be included in the list of unemployed people in South Korea starting tomorrow? Just tell me.” She added.

Then the guard looked startled with what she said. She secretly smirked when she heard the man cleared his throat.

“Wait there.” He said then he went inside for a while.

Moments later, he went back with a humiliated face.

“You can enter now, Ms. Kim.” He said.

“Thank you.” She said with a bow then she went inside the building.

*

Taeyeon was walking inside the building having different set of eyes looking at her so she felt like meltin but fortunately, few moments after, she reached Jiyong’s office and without even greeting him, she sat on the couch and sighed.

“Oh, I almost died outside.” She said sitting comfortably on the couch.

Jiyong stood up from his seat when Taeyeon arrived then he went in front of her with his arms crossed trying to act indifferent when all he could think about was the meaningless kiss Taeyeon gave him last night.

“Well, you basically told the guard that you’re my fiancé so what do you expect?” He said.

Taeyeon then felt embarrassed remembering how thick-faced she was to tell the guard that she was Jiyong’s fiancé.

“It’s your fault. Your phone was busy so what was I supposed to do? And your mom asked me to bring you this so I went here. Did you skip lunch?” She said then put the paper bag she has on the table.

Jiyong realized that his phone was busy because he was talking to Kiko earlier and remembering his girlfriend, he felt the guilt once more.

“I was talking to Kiko.” He said ignoring her question.

“I see.” Taeyeon said with a nod. “Anyway, let’s have dinner tonight. I want to treat you.” She excitedly added.

“Why?” Jiyong asked in a frown.

“I got my first salary as Sarang’s teacher so I want to celebrate it with you.” Taeyeon explained.

If Jiyong would be honest, he felt touched of the thought but he knows he shouldn’t show it that much.

“Why not with them?” He asked acting casually.  

Taeyeon’s face lightened.

“Oh, we already did. I was with them before I went here.” She said.

Upon hearing that, Jiyong’s mood turned sour again. See? This simple thing alone is one of the reasons why he’s somehow confused.

“I’m busy. Eat alone.” He said then he went back to his table and pretended to look at some files.

Taeyeon stood up as well then went in front of him.

“No more busy alibis. You didn’t go with me to Jeonju even though you promised so you need to make up for it. And I want to be with you.” Taeyeon said in a serious tone.

I want to be with you. Jiyong kept on ignoring that. He must ignore that.

“Fine, whatever. Go home now, just wait for me there.” Jiyong said.

Taeyeon smiled so prettily that Jiyong had to pretend he’s looking somewhere else.

“Okay then, I’ll go to Seunghuyn’s house first while waiting for you. It’s still early. Bye!” She said then she started walking out the room.

Jiyong heard his hyung’s name again that he felt like wanting to pull Taeyeon and stop her from leaving his office.

“Yah! Stay here instead. You’re wasting your little amount of fortune for cab fares.” He said then he busied himself of anything under the sun.

Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders then sat on the couch again while fiddling with her phone.

 

*

That night, they did have dinner but after eating, Taeyeon asked Jiyong to go to Han River to see the Rainbow Fountain. Jiyong didn’t want at first but the ever annoying Kim Taeyeon insisted.

After the 15-minute show, Taeyeon still wanted to stay to Jiyong’s annoyance. They are now sitting in one of the bench.

“Seriously, this is so lame, Taeyeon.” Jiyong said in irritation. 

Taeyeon just laughed at his complaint.

“You’re so rich that you don’t appreciate simple things in this world.” She commented.

“Well, sleeping is better than staying here. That’s simple and I appreciate it very much.” He defended.

But Taeyeon didn’t respond. Instead, she’s focused on looking at the beautiful river.

So Jiyong did the same. Of course, he thinks the place is beautiful too. Add the words peaceful and sweet. And it’s not helping him to see Taeyeon’s serene face in this kind of place.

“Tell me what happened in Jeonju.” He said somewhat starting a conversation.

Taeyeon looked at him then she smiled.

“It was so fun. After going to the cemetery, Seunghyun and I visited lots of places there. Do you want to see our pictures?” She said with so much delight.

And again, that reaction made him feel sour. Simple things. Simple things.

“No thanks. Waste of time.” He said.

 

*

Taeyeon secretly smiled at Jiyong’s reaction. She really thinks he’s so cute acting so jealous. Well, she just assumed he is but whatever.

“Just this one please! This is my favorite picture of us.” She said trying to show Jiyong the picture with the latter being so pissed.

“Ugh! You’re so annoying! I said I don’t want to see that.” He yelled.

Taeyeon laughed.

“Why, are you jealous?” She asked.

Jiyong glared at her but she didn’t feel any fear at all. Glaring seems to be cute nowadays.

“Say that one more time and I swear I’ll forget about our deal. I’m not, okay? Make that picture your phone background and I won’t even for a minute care.” He said with conviction.

But Taeyeon ignored him. Instead, she readied her phone to capture a picture of them together.

“What are you doing?!” He irritatingly asked.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter