Chapter XLVIII

His Uncanny Wife

A SUMMARY ON THE MOST RECENT CHAPTERS BECAUSE I WAS GONE FOR SOME TIME AND I

 

So Kai let go of his feelings for Sera, and they make up as friends.

Jungkook misunderstands and thinks Sera and Kai are together. He breaks the engagement.

Sera goes to the Jeon's residence as soon as she learns about it. She talks to Jungkook's father first.

Namjoon and Sehun caught the person stalking Sera, but they don't find anything else.

The Park's company is still getting attacked by an anonymous group of hackers.

Sera's files were all hacked. Her newest project on the company was sabotaged.

Sera breaks the merger with the Jeons.

She lied to Namjoon about not seeing Jungkook, but they actually met.

Instead of confessing, she thanks him for the time they've been "together" and runs away.

Kai taks to Jungkook to tell him that Sera is broken. He was trying to let him know that he was misunderstanding things, but our baby boy is a little dense.

Junghyun(Jungkook's bro) is devastated with the two and his family's indifference.

Sekyung is... well she's still Sekyung.

 

I guess that's it. Enjoy the chapter!

 

 

 

Narrator

 

Namjoon pinched the bridge of his nose after turning off the television. Lately the news was all about their family, how the Park empire was tumbling down and how a mess their family was, especially Sera. It hurt him deeply. Heck, people could talk about him as much as they wanted, but his cousin… he could not bear to hear it.

If there was someone who was hardworking to the bone, it would be Sera. Everybody should know that. He just wanted to protect his family. He wanted to protect her.

“Young Master? Someone want to see you.” A light tap on his office door made him crease his forehead. “Who is it?”

“She says she’s here to represent the Jungs.”

Namjoon immediately straightened. “Let her in.”

“Good evening, Namjoon-ssi. I didn’t mean to disturb you so late at night.”

He smiled. “No worries, Haena-ssi. Sit down, please. So what brings you here?”

“I…” Haena looked down, finding the right words. “I think I can help with your ongoing investigation.”

 

 

It was so silent when Junghyun arrived home that night. He exhaled, associating the gloomy aura of his home to the current events. “Everything is just so ed up.” He muttered, throwing his keys at the counter.

He lazily grabbed a glass from the cupboard and filled it with some juice.

“Oh, hyung.”

He looked behind him to see Jungkook in his sweats. “Jogging at night?”

“No, I’m just going to go for a quick drive…”

Junghyun drank his juice and shrugged. “Yeah, straighten all your thoughts, maybe it’ll knock some sense out of you.”

Jungkook frowned and stepped forward. “What are you implying?”

“You know what.”

A bitter chuckle escaped the younger one’s lips. “I know what I’m doing with my life, hyung. I don’t need anyone to criticize me for my choices.”

Junghyun placed the glass down and exhaled. “I won’t say anything. Go and do what you want. I’m not gonna be the one who’ll regret everything sooner or later. You let go of her, so stand by it.”

Jungkook’s jaw clenched as he watched his brother walk away.

 

 

“Please stop calling me at night! I’m done with my business with you.”

Sekyung curled her fist as she listened to the other line.

“No, I paid you to do what you had to do. Now that all of that is done, stop calling me. It’s only me who can call you, you get it?” She forcefully pressed the end button and sat down, trying to calm herself.

The sound of the door opening made her jump.

“Who’s bothering you, Sekyungie?”

“J-Junghyun. I didn’t know you were home.”

“Just got home.” He mumbled and sat beside her. “So who’s bothering you?”

She smiled and shook her head. “Just some business partner. I ended our contract but he’s insisting on more.”

His brows furrowed. “That’s weird… surely the terms of your contract were agreed beforehand?”

She chuckled. “O-Of course. It’s just that these people never learn. When they… you know, get connected with a big company, they try to maintain the connection as long as possible.”

“Just ignore their calls, Kyungie.”

“Yeah, I should do that.”

“So, what did you let them do, anyway?”

That was when Sekyung stiffened on her seat. “Just… some blueprints.”

“Cool… I never get how you work, Kyungie. You’re so passionate about what you do.”

“R-really?”

“Yeah.” He smiled. “If you want something, you get it done right away. No wonder you’re so accomplished. It’s like you have everything at your fingertips.”

She just chuckled.

“No one should get on your bad side. They’re dead meat.” He laughed and stood up. “I’m going to bed early, Kyung. Good night.”

“Good night,” She whispered, biting her lip.

 

 

Jungkook gripped the steering wheel tightly. He tapped his foot endlessly as he looked up at the building across him. It had been a good thirty minutes already, but he was still there.

“I should just go.” He muttered, looking at the light on the top floor. He wondered when it would turn off.

He looked at a figure move across the room on the top floor. He waited till the lights would turn off, and when it did, he exhaled. He should really leave now. I'm an idiot for being here.

But he stayed glued and unmoving on his seat, until the glass doors on the first floor opened. Sera stumbled lightly as she walked to her car. Jungkook watched her closely, silently chiding himself. 

“I’m so stupid for being here. Why am I even here?” He muttered as he watched her trip a little as she walked. He felt himself reach for the door, but he stopped himself. No. She could not see him. No. They’re done for good.

But I miss her. I ing miss her.

Sera finally reached her car. She opened the door and threw the folders inside. Instead of getting inside, she leaned on her car, closing her eyes. She let the night wind hit her face, feeling the cool air. She steadied her breathing, inhaling, exhaling.

Jungkook wondered what she was thinking about. She looked tired, her hair was disheveled and her skirt was crumpled here and there. Her blouse was untucked as she tried looking for her keys on her bag. When she finally did, she walked to the driver side with unsteady steps.

That was when Jungkook got out of his car. He silently watched her walk, until she fell on the hard cement. He jogged to her side, watching as she remained unmoving. Worry was eating him whole.

“Ya.” He kneeled down worriedly, taking her arm and wrapping it around his shoulder. “Sera… are you okay?”

Her head bobbed left to right until he slowly lifted her chin. Her eyes were half-closed, and there were creases on her forehead. She smelled like something that was too familiar. There it hit him— she was drunk.

“Ijustwantbed.” She mumbled, her head falling to his chest. He felt his heart race as he carefully stood up. Her knees wobbled, so he resorted to carrying her. He stood there for a minute wondering where to bring her, and ended up deciding to get her back to her office.

“Stupid girl. How can you drink alone?” He muttered as he walked to the glass doors. The security guard looked dumbfounded. Jungkook gave him a nod and went ahead.

“Why do you make me worry all the time?” He muttered again. He could feel her breathing unevenly. Her fingers were playing with the neckline of his shirt, making his heart beat even faster.

“Why do you make me feel this way?”

He exhaled as he placed her on the couch at her office. Her eyes were now closed, her breathing slowly getting even. She stirred a little when he removed her coat and placed it on her legs.

“Why do you have to love someone else?” He exhaled and sat on the floor, where he could look at her face as she slept. He moved the strands away from her face and smiled. Her cheeks were a little flushed as she mumbled on her sleep.

He looked around the room and shook his head. He shouldn’t be here. He dusted the lint off his sweats as he stood up, looking at her one last time.

“Please stay. Please.” She muttered, her eyes still closed. His eyes widened as he looked at her.

Does she know it’s me?

“I can’t lose you… Please.” She whimpered, and he couldn’t help but feel that she was in pain.

What is happening? Did Kai… leave her?

He couldn’t help it. Tears were already lining her cheeks as she slept. He carefully lifted her up and sat beside her, letting her body rest on him. She encircled an around her, caressing her arm to comfort her.

“I… I’m so sorry. Please come back… please.” She cried, and his heart clenched. How could someone hurt her like this.

“Shhh, Sera. It’s okay. You’re dreaming.” He hummed, and she snuggled closer to him, the cries fading a little. He pat her back lightly, waiting until the cries stop.

“Please don’t l-leave me…” She hiccupped.

“Shhh, it’s okay.” He hummed.

“Jeon.” She whispered.

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________

Thank you for waiting for me. And to those who left me encouraging messages, thank you! University is tough, and I'm so glad i just finished another semester of it.

 

I hope you like how the story goes. :)