Chapter XXI

His Uncanny Wife

Narrator

 

 

The door creaked open. Namjoon peeked inside the dark room and frowned.

It’s almost lunch and she’s still sleeping. He thought, clucking his tongue. He walked to the curtains to push them aside and let some sunlight in. He then marched to the bed only to be welcomed by what he didn’t expect.

A clean, neatly arranged bed with no Sera in it.

“What the ?” He rubbed the nape on his neck and checked his phone.

10 missed calls from Princess Sera

Where are you? I’m at the office with Jeon. Just finished two meetings without you.

He sat down the bed and smiled to himself, shaking his head.

 

 

“We won’t be seeing anyone right now, we’re taking a break.” Jungkook told the secretary as he closed the doors to their shared office.

Sera kicked off her heels and smiled to herself. The feeling of the soft carpeted floor on her feet was just pure bliss. Jungkook snorted and bopped her forehead upon seeing her silly face, cutting her moment short.

“You do know how to ruin someone’s day, don’t you?” She hissed as she trudged to the sofa and sprawled on it. He groaned as he removed his coat to place it on her exposed legs. He then walked to where her heels were and picked it up only to place them beside her.

She stretched her arms and watched him open a can of soda. “I’m tired.”

“We just finished three meetings and it’s not even afternoon. And we have another on-site checkup with construction team later.” He replied as he handed her the can. “This is wearing me out.”

She watched him loosen his tie and close his eyes. For a moment she thought he looked ridiculously okay for an eighteen year old boy, but when he opened his eyes to look back at her, he looked… just exhausted. It made her feel guilty. She promised him she would help him out with his music, but here she was dragging him along the company work.

“Maybe we could reschedule that. I heard that most of the planning hasn’t been finished yet.”

He chuckled bitterly. “We couldn’t. We have to go by the timeline.”

“No.” She stood up and handed him back the can to which he downed in seconds. “I know we have a deadline, but we can’t work with incomplete data.”

He watched her go out and closed his eyes again. “Why am I here?” He groaned, thinking about his bed, his play station, his television, everything that was away from company matters.

He was thinking about just relaxing.

“We’re free for the afternoon. Come on, let’s get you somewhere nice.” The door barged open with her already putting on her coat. He stared at her for a few moments before she finally pulled him up. “Are you gonna gawk at me or are you coming?”

He absentmindedly put on his coat and trailed behind her. Just what is this girl thinking?

 

 

Sekyung bit her lip hard enough that she could already taste the metallic hint of blood. A tear escaped her eye as her jaw clenched.

“You’re really happy, huh?” She snickered bitterly as she shut her laptop close. She hated seeing their pictures. She hated seeing their smiles. She hated the both of them so much.

“Ma’am, there’s someone wanting to—“

“Get out.” She seethed as she turned her chair around to face the glass walls. “I’m not taking anybody right now.”

The secretary immediately closed the door. Sekyung watched the tall skyscrapers and the busy city of in front of her. She wondered why of all people, the world chose to be rude to her.

She opened the drawer in a rush and fished out a small box. She carefully held the ring between her fingers and closed her eyes. She felt the expensive diamond and her hand shook in anger. She won’t back down, she already planned everything beforehand.

“Bastard.” She muttered as the ring was sent flying across the room.

 

 

“When you said somewhere nice, I didn’t expect my room.” Jungkook muttered as Sera opened the door to his room and pulled him inside. She dragged him to the bed and sat him down. She then took off her coat and tossed it away.

Jungkook’s brows furrowed in confusion. He looked away uncomfortably. “Uhm, Sera…”

“Okay, Jeon..” She said as she tied her hair into a messy bun. He looked up and gulped. She smiled at him playfully and poked his nose. “Okay, we’re good.”

“Uhm, what are you…”

She helped him out of his coat and skipped to the coffee table. She got the remote control and turned the heat to mild. A contented smile played on her lips.

A small bead of sweat lined down Jungkook’s forehead. He could feel his palms getting sweaty too.

“Go.” She jumped to the couch and winked at him. “Work on it, boy.”

Jungkook bit his lip and wiped the sweat on her forehead. He uneasily shifted on his seat. “W-what? You’re being really… suggestive right now.”

Sera sat up in an instant to look at him. They stared at each other for a few seconds before she burst out.

“What the actual ?”

“What work are you talking about?” He cleared his throat.

She pointed an accusing finger at him. “Oh my god, you thought I was…”

“Well,” He stood up and raised his arms in defense. “First you drag me to the bed, took off your coat, took off my coat, turned the heat on, and told me to work on it.”

She coughed in disbelief and got the blanket beside her to cover herself. “I was referring to your music, you ert.”

His lips parted in understanding. “Oh.”

“You actually thought I was… ew!” She shuddered and tapped her cheeks. “What is wrong with you?”

He shook his head as if the thoughts would immediately come away. “I’m a man, for goodness sake! Some things can be really suggestive, you know.”

“What makes you think I’d even be suggestive to you?!” She snapped and turned away. “Just work on your music and don’t talk to me, byuntae.”

Jungkook shrugged and went to his work table, ignoring the fact that she was still muttering curses under her breath.

“You should be ashamed of yourself.” Sera said as she flipped through a book. Her jaw clenched when all she got for a reply was a dry chuckle. She threw a pillow aimed at his head, and when it hit him, his expression turned sour.

“You’re so rude.” He muttered as he turned back to his work table. “And I don’t find a reason to be ashamed.”

“You’re proud you’re dirty-minded? Unbelievable.”

He sighed and turned his chair to face her. “First, you’re Park Sera. Even if I want to be embarrassed by what happened, I can’t. I can’t get embarrassed with you anymore. Second, I’m not dirty-minded, I’m a man. And lastly, show some respect woman you’re in my territory.”

“It’s conjugal.” She retorted.

“What?”

“This room. If it’s yours, it’s mine. Conjugal property.”

He smirked and shook his head. “We’re not even married yet and you’re claiming what’s mine.”

“We’ll be married soon, what’s the difference?” She shrugged and got up. “You’re really annoying me right now so I’ll leave you to yourself.”

“Ya!”

“And don’t go to my house. I don’t want to see your face.”

He watched her slam the door shut and chuckled. “Still going.”

 

 

Jimin snacked on pickled radishes as he waited for Jin to finish cooking. Taehyung was sitting on the counter, swinging his legs as he also happily waited. Hoseok entered the kitchen and shook his head as he saw the two 95-liners drooling over whatever Jin was cooking.

“It looks like you haven’t eaten in months.” He chuckled as he opened the fridge to get a bottle of water. “Stop bothering Jin Hyung.”

Yoongi blinked sleepily, his hair disheveled, as he entered the kitchen too.

“Why are you here?” He groaned.

The four boys smiled at him. “Jungkook’s probably out with Sera. Namjoon hyung is busy with something, so we decided to go here at your place.”

Yoongi could only sigh; he wanted to tell them to get lost, but whatever Jin was cooking smelled really good. So, he pulled out a chair and waited too.

“I was thinking… we rarely get together. We’re so busy with our separate lives.” Jimin pouted as he popped another slice of radish in his mouth. Yoongi shot him a look. “Stop being so mushy.”

“He has a point.” Taehyung shrugged. “I barely see you guys.”

“Oh my god stop.” Yoongi groaned and rubbed his eyes.

Hoseok sat beside him and grinned. “How about we go to the beach?”

Jin finished up his dish and placed it on a big plate. He got five forks and handed them to the boys. They began eating as they talked.

“I think we could take some time off and go to the beach.” Jin nodded as he watched the boys eat. “We all need it.”

“Call!” Jimin happily chewed. “I miss our Sera!”

 

 

Kai spun his chair around. He wedged the phone between his cheek and shoulder as he tried to reach the jar of chocolates on his table.

“What are you trying to tell me, Kai?” Sehun sighed on the other line. They had been talking for a while now, and Kai was just wasting his time by running around useless topics.

It didn’t seem like him to beat around the bush.

Kai smiled as he popped a chocolate on his mouth. “You know me too well, my friend.”

“I’m not really in the mood for this right now so I’ll just hang up and—“

“Wait!” Kai frowned. “I need to tell you something.”

Sehun sighed once more. “You’ve been telling me that for the last thirty minutes. What the hell is it?”

Kai was unable to respond for a few seconds. He twirled a pen around his fingers as his brows furrowed. “I don’t know how to say this…”

“Just spill it out, for goodness’ sake.” Sehun hissed.

Kai exhaled and closed his eyes. “I think I like Sera, Sehun-ah.”

“W-what? I mean.. of course. We’re her best friends. Despite her ill-tempered attitude we—”

“You don’t understand.” Kai shook his head. Sehun remained silent as his grip on the phone tightened. Kai was also silent for a few seconds.

“I want Park Sera.”

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________

ohhohoho