Chapter XXV

His Uncanny Wife

Narrator

 

 

“The dragon lady has arrived!” Namjoon mocked as Sera stepped out of the elevator. She rolled her eyes and threw her bag, to which he had a hard time catching.

He scowled as he followed her. “What am I, your servant?”

“You said that.” She grinned playfully and pushed the doors open to the lounge. Her father and mother were already there, waiting for them. She kissed her father’s cheek and hugged her mom.

“Take a seat.” Mr. Park motioned, and she plopped on the couch beside Namjoon. He sighed helplessly as he took off his coat to cover her sprawled legs. “Act like a woman.” He whispered harshly, and she just shrugged.

Mr. Jeon reclined on his seat. “So the Jeon’s first son came home yesterday.”

“So I heard from Jungkook.” She replied, munching on a granola bar. “I haven’t met him though. I wonder what he’s like. Have you met him?”

Namjoon nodded. “Once, in Barcelona. He’s like a wild version of Jungkook.”

“Cool.” She popped her lips and ate.

Mr. Park exhaled and looked at her daughter. “We’ve been thinking…”

Sera stopped eating and looked at Namjoon nervously. She returned her gaze to her father and spoke, her voice faltering.

“You… You’re not setting me up with the older brother instead… right?”

It was Mrs. Park who started laughing. She slapped her knee as she burst out in a loud guffaw. Mr. Park just shook his head, chuckling. Namjoon looked at her, clueless as she was.

“No, we won’t. That’s not a very… nice thing to do, honey.” Mrs. Park finally said as she recovered from her laughing fit. Sera’s brows knitted together as she shrugged. “Who knows? At this rate I don’t know what you’re capable of doing, dear parents.”

Mr. Park rolled his eyes. “Sera, there’s no such thing as changing the groom, after all the publicity you and Jungkook created.”

“Just making sure.” She mumbled.

Namjoon sighed and tapped her shoulder. “You’ve gone paranoid, little cousin.”

She shot him a look and he recoiled, no further words.

“We just wanted to tell you that your dating scheme would be extended. Your marriage would be pushed back to give way for the Jeon’s first son to make his name in the industry. So, don’t cause any trouble and be good, ara? We don’t want any complications.”

She nodded in understanding. “When were you planning the wedding, anyway?”

“We haven’t set the date, though we were planning to have it soon. But with Junghyun here, we think it is best to push it back a little.”

“Okay.” She said. “His name is Junghyun?”

“Yeah. And you should go now. The Jeons invited us over for brunch, but we have to fly to Singapore in a few. You go with Namjoon. And please Sera, no issues. Be a good girl.”

She stood up and smiled at her parents, batting her lashes.

“When was I not?”

 

 

“Hey, Jonginnie.” Sera chirped as she answered the call.

Kai grinned to himself as he heard her voice. “Cupcake!”

“Slow down, buddy. What’s up?” She chuckled lightly.

He walked across his room, halting to tap his foot. “I was thinking, do you want to hang out later?”

Sera paused and looked at Namjoon, who was driving. She bit her lip and decided to focus on the passing view instead. “I’d love to, but you know the public… We talked about this already.”

“I know, I know.” He gushed. “But you can visit my penthouse, right? I just bought it, and it certainly needs some Sera tinkering around.”

She laughed. Of course he needed her. When they were still in the US, she managed how Sehun and Kai’s houses looked. The boys were all just eat and sleep they didn’t really care about furniture and such. Not to mention their awful taste in furniture.

“Do you even have a couch?”

Kai chuckled sheepishly. “I might have a… mat with pillows.”

“Oh my god, you’re hopeless!” She clucked her tongue. “What will you ever do without me?”

He closed his eyes and leaned on the wall, a smile lingering on his face. “I honestly don’t know.”

“Okay, pick me up at home later. I’ll text you. I still have some meetings this afternoon.”

“Yes Maam! See you.”

“See you, playboy.”

As the call disconnected, Sera leaned on her seat and closed her eyes. Namjoon glanced at her and shook his head. “Kai?”

“Hmmm.” She replied, focusing on her breathing. He glanced at her again and rolled his eyes. They were silent for a few moments when he finally spoke. “Are you… okay with all of this? I mean, you seeing him and such.”

Sera didn’t reply for a moment. She opened her eyes and looked at the tall skyscrapers outside. An amused smile tugged on her lips, as her brows knitted. “You know what, I think I actually am.”

“What?”

She sat up and faced him. “I was a total wreck when I came back, you know that. I kept thinking of Kai because… just because. I couldn’t be with him for a long time because my stupid feelings come kicking in. And then there was you. You were being the righteous cousin nagging me about my stubborn attitude.”

“Which is true. You are totally stubborn.” He chuckled.

She shot him a look. “Anyway, now it’s actually okay. I mean I still do have those feelings, but I can actually manage being around him.”

“Since when?”

“I don’t know.” She shrugged. “You know those sudden realizatios when you’re in the shower, or pooping?” She laughed in amusement, and Namjoon bit back his laughter. “I just came to realize that I don’t want to avoid Jongin cause he’s my best friend. I don’t want to ruin our friendship.”

“And you were avoiding him because of that same reason, honey.” He looked at her for a moment with an absurd look on his face.

“I know.” She scratched her head. “And it’s really stupid. I mean, what will running away do, right? I think I should be able to actually be with him, while overcoming these feelings.”

Namjoon in his breath and grinned. “Wow, you’ve grown.”

“What?”

He just laughed and kept his eyes on the road. “I guess being with Jungkook is doing you some good, after all.”

 

 

“Is that all, sir?”

Sehun looked at the rows of shopping bags in front of him. He thought for a moment before shrugging. “Yes. Please send them to this address.” He mumbled and took out his black card. “And oh,” He took out a one dollar bill from his pocket and a pen. He began scribbling on it and handed it to the lady. “Please send this with those. Thanks.”

The ladies swooned as he walked out, his face void of any emotion. He scanned the area and sighed. Sure, he missed the place, but it was better being away from drama.

He didn’t like drama.

But he could sense one was coming, and he knew he was needed.

 

 

The butler opened the doors for the both of them. Sera skipped inside, already at home, while Namjoon trailed behind, unamused and hungry.

“They’re relaxing outside, Young Miss and Young Master. Let me lead you there.”

Sera raised her palm. “No need. I know.”

Jungkook was seated on the gazebo, with papers surrounding him. He was focused on it, biting the tip of his pen and frowning. Sekyung was on the pool, doing some laps. She thought of her greeting her but she was busy, so she skipped to his place and sat beside him.

“Hey, fiancé.” She said cheekily and poked his side. He just returned the greeting with a mere nod. She frowned and slapped his arm. He finally looked up and winced. “Ow, that hurt!”

“Now you know better than ignoring me.” She grumbled.

He raised one brow cockily and fixed his music sheets. “Woah, what do we have here?”

She made a face. If she could strangle him without being a murderer, she would.

Jungkook grinned. “I think we have to talk about us, sweetie. For starters, you’ve gotten quite… clingy. I know you adore being with my company, but your fiancé has to—“

He screamed in pain as she hit his tummy. She smiled contentedly as he curled in pain.

“Where do you get your strength?!”

“From my pent-up frustration and annoyance, sweetie.” She winked and watched him in pain. Such a pleasure, she thought.

“You… .” He managed to say as he sat up and exhaled. Sera just continued smiling in satisfaction. “I’m the you should be afraid of, honey.”

“Ugh, so annoying.” He raked his hair and moved a few inches away from her.

They went on bickering when a deep voice startled her.

“So this is your to-be wife, bro?”

Jungkook frowned and faced his brother. “Sera, meet Junghyun hyung. Hyung, Sera.”

“Hi Sera, or should I say, sister-in-law?” He wiggled his eyebrows as he opened his arms. Sera looked at him reluctantly, and Jungkook sighed in annoyance. “Aish, hyung! Don’t be like that. You're scaring her.”

“Hey, I heard you grew up in America. I don’t have any troubles with that, you know. I travel a lot. So come on, let’s be good friends, Sera, okay? I’m your Oppa now.” He winked and stepped forward. Sera couldn’t help but chuckle. She nodded and gave him a brief hug.

“That’s what I’m saying!” He clapped happily. “So, let’s eat! I made my special egg rolls!”

Jungkook slung his arm around Sera’s shoulder as they walked together towards the dining room. She frowned, but was already too lazy to protest. “Trust me, it’s just normal egg rolled with salt and tomatoes. Nothing special.”

She snickered and watched as Junghyun giddily invited everyone to the dining room. “I like your brother. He seems like the… wild one in the family.”

“You don’t say.” He snorted and pulled out a chair for her. “Where’s Namjoon hyung?”

“Here!” Namjoon plopped on the chair beside her and grinned. “I was playing foosball with the butler. He’s quite a match.”

Sekyung walked in, her hair toweled dry and in fresh clothes. Junghyun pulled out a chair for her and teasingly poked her side. “Awwe, our Kyungie’s a little moody today.”

“Stop it, Hyun.” She swatted his hand away, but he was extra persistent that he took an egg roll and placed it near . “Come on, Kyungie, say ahh~”

Jungkook chuckled. “They’re like cat and dog.”

Sera just chuckled and watched the two. Sekyung finally opened and rolled her eyes. “Happy now?” She mumbled, mouth full. Junghyun nodded in satisfaction. “You should gain more weight!”

“Yeah, noona. You should. You don’t eat a lot. Don’t stress yourself over work and remember to eat well.” Jungkook commented as he started eating. Sekyung just pouted and picked on her food. Namjoon was busy eating that he wasn’t listening to anyone anymore. He had his priorities straight.

“Stop nagging.” She muttered as she took another bite of egg roll. Junghyun visibly grinned beside her. Jungkook just shook his head and glanced at Sera who was busy eating. “Eat a lot noona, but don’t be like Sera here. She eats like a…”

Sera looked at him pointedly.

“Nothing. Eat well.” He smiled cheekily and whispered, “Sweetie.”

“Hey no flirting on the table!” Junghyun protested. Sekyung’s lip twitched a little before she turned to look away.

The table was filled mostly by Junghyun’s lame jokes and Jungkook’s protests, followed by Namjoon complimenting the food, and Sera complimenting the food. Sekyung was just being quiet.

Junghyun clasped his hands together while everyone was eating dessert. “Now, should we look at Jungkook’s embarrassing baby pictures and laugh together?”

“Hyung!”

Junghyun laughed and stuck his tongue out at his little brother.

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________

short chap. next one's quite long so...

:)