Chapter XV

His Uncanny Wife

NARRATOR

 

 

 “I just can’t, okay? I have to stay late in school to finish this project with my group.”

Sera blew a raspberry and frowned at him. He just shrugged. “Really, I’m sorry.”

“But we have a deal Jeon.”

“I know. But I’m a student too.” He reasoned. She tossed her backpack on her back and sighed. “Fine. I’ll go ahead.”

“Bye fiancé!” He waved, and she just shot him a death glare. He started fixing his things as soon as she disappeared, but was startled with a knock on the door.

He turned to look at Sera standing by the classroom’s entrance.

“Did you leave something?”

“About your group…”

“What about it?”

“How many girls are there?”

He looked at her for a moment and laughed. “Three, I guess.”

She rolled her eyes. “Okay. Don’t cheat on me.”

“Wh-How? Why am I cheating?”

“Just don’t talk. Bye.”

He watched her leave and snickered to himself.

 

 

Kai plopped on the bed and watched Sera walk around the room.

“Where is it?” She muttered, throwing the pillows of the couch on the floor. Kai rolled on his tummy. “Where did you last put it?”

“I don’t know. Jeon was the last one to use it last night.”

“Jeon?” Kai’s brows furrowed. “He was here last night?”

Sera nodded and walked to the bed. She lifted the pillow and sighed when she saw the remote control under it. “That idiot. He must’ve brought it here.”

Kai looked at the remote control and frowned. “Why is it on the bed?”

“Oh. We took a nap yesterday after going to Nami Island.” She shrugged nonchalantly and sat beside him on the bed. “Did you know that the number of food stalls there got too plenty already? Last time I went it wasn’t that many.”

He watched her for a moment with an unreadable expression.

“Jungkook also picks you up every day for school, right?”

She nodded and switched the television on. “Yeah. Come on, let’s call Sehunnie. I miss that emotionless prick.”

 

 

The tall lady strode inside the Jeon building. Her eyes were set on the elevator as employees murmured.

“Daebak. She’s back.” One gasped.

“They used to call her the mighty lion of the Jeons. An asset to the company.” Another one whispered.

“Is she still dating the elder Jeon?”

Her lips tugged into a smirk as she let the voices surround her. Sure, people loved to gossip. Sure, it was all about her.

She didn’t care at all.

“Young Miss. I thought your flight wasn’t until tomorrow.” Mr. Jeon’s secretary bowed.

She gave him a tight smile. “I moved it. Where’s uncle?”

Her heels clicked against the marble tiles as she sauntered towards the large doors. She pushed it open and smiled.

Samchon-ah, I’m back.”

 

 

Sera was eating popcorn as Kai talked to Sehun about the new club in Gangnam he just visited. He babbled about how the nightlife was even more bizarre.

“Hun-ah, I swear, the girls were just… daebak.”

Sehun shot Sera a glance. She was just eating, trying to watch television. But he knew she was listening, and it wasn't good. He often wondered how they got into this situation. He could remember the days when they were just three korean teenagers figuring their ways out in another counrty. 

“I don’t really want to hear about it.” Sehun mumbled. “Sera, how’s school?”

“You sound like my dad, Hunnie.” She snickered and got the ipad from Kai. “It’s good, you know. Bearable.”

“Have any friends?”

Kai hollered in the background. “Sehun-ah, you know our only girl is allergic to people.”

“Actually,” Sera shot Kai a warning glare and returned to Sehun. “I’m good here. Namjoon Oppa’s friends are my new friends. They’re pretty cool.”

“And how about your fiancé?” Sehun lightly teased. She chuckled and rolled over her tummy. “He’s okay. Annoying but tolerable.”

“Is he the same age?”

“Yup. Jeon’s gets really weird sometimes but he’s just like that. We share the same love for DC comics. Amusing. Oh Hunnie, have you heard of the new DC Converses? I got the superman pair. Jeon got the Batman. I love it. The Joker is sold out. Can you check there if it’s still in stock?”

Sehun shook his head as he chuckled. Sera was childish in her own way.

“Okay, okay. So, when are you getting married? After graduation?”

Kai strolled back inside the room with a bag of chips in his hands. “Oh my god do we really have to talk about this marriage thing? Come on, let’s catch up!” He jumped to the bed and whined.

Sehun shot him a curious look. Sera shrugged and snatched the bag of chips from him.

“What do you want to talk about, Kai?” She asked. He let out a sigh and pulled her closer to him. He played with her hair, twisting it lightly on his fingers. “I don’t know. Something else.” He murmured.

Sehun watched his two friends and sighed. A lot has changed, and he feels more is coming.

“I'm coming home soon.” 

 

 

Jungkook was walking along the corridors when he felt someone following him. He thought it stupid that he felt such thing. A lot of people walk on the corridors, why would he even.

“Kook-ah!”

He turned around only to see a figure of a girl running to him. He squinted his eyes to get a better look. The figure ran towards him, and she grinned.”Hi!”

He looked at her for a while before his jaw fell open. “N-noona?”

“Kiddo.” She giggled and pinched his cheek. She took a step back and smiled at him. Jungkook rubbed his eyes and managed to chuckle. “Why are you… here?”

“What, now that your older brother is out partying at some city I can’t see you?” She snickered, and he just stared back at her. “N-no! Wow, Noona. You’ve changed.”

“I just got my hair dyed, kid.” She socked his shoulder. He couldn’t stop staring and she flicked her fingers in front of his face. “Ya, Jeon Jungkook! I’m going to melt!”

He shook his head and grinned. “It’s nice to see you again, Noona!”

“Come.” She looped her arm to his and started walking.

“You have a lot to tell me. I heard you got yourself a wife.”

 

 

Namjoon smoothed his hair and fixed his tie. He heaved a deep sigh before entering the office.

“Great, you’re here.” Mr. Park smiled a little upon seeing him. He handed him a glass of what Namjoon assumed to be alcohol, and he politely received it.

He sipped a little and internally regretted it. He managed to say, still tasting the bitter liquid on his tongue. “How are you, samchon?”

“I’m good, same old, same old.” The elder man waved and sat down at the couch. “How’s the project I assigned to you, Director Kim?” He lightly teased his nephew, who just heaved a deep sigh. “Actually,” He started, leaning his back on the couch. “It’s good. We’re having progress. I just had some problems with the staff. They’ve become a little unruly.”

“You can always tell them you’re my nephew, you know.” Mr. Park chuckled lowly. Namjoon shook his head. “If they do that, they’ll treat me differently.”

“I’m so proud of you, Namjoon-ah.” The elder man smiled. “I was thinking, do you think I can get Sera to work during their semestral break?”

A smile played on Namjoon’s lips. “She’d love that.”

“The Jeons told me about Jungkook helping out during the break. I thought it would be good for Sera too, you know. We could set up an office…”

Namjoon was already imagining his little couysin working, scaring off the employees with her death glare. A chuckle escaped her lips. “It will be very interesting.”

“I know.” Mr. Park laughed. “I’m gonna work it out and let her join with the planning on the merger. Let’s see what happens then.”

 

 

__________________________

sry for the short chappie

i was out the whole day today gahd