Chapter XXVIII

His Uncanny Wife

 

 

Narrator

 

 

Namjoon heaved a deep sigh as he stripped the thick blanket off Sera. She shivered lightly as her eyes fluttered open. Her brows knitted together upon seeing her cousin. He wasn’t really a ray of sunshine for her. Well no one really was.

“What the do you want?” She muttered. He sighed again and plopped beside her on the bed. “Good morning to you, too.”

She pulled the blanket back and wrapped herself like a burrito. “Can you please get the hell out? Some people are trying to sleep.”

He pulled it back again despite her protests. “Nope. You need to go get dressed. We’re going on a trip.”

“I don’t want—“

“The guys are waiting. Chop chop!” He sang and casually strolled out.

 

 

Sekyung smirked a little as she browsed over some papers. She chucked them back inside the manila envelope and smiled contentedly. “Okay, this will do.”

“How about the—“

“It’s been wire transferred to your account.”

The man nodded and turned to leave, but she called him again.

“And next time, don’t come to me. I will come to you if I need you. If you have anything, just call.”

 

 

Sera nodded in approval as she jumped off the Hummer.

“Nice. Who owns this again? Jin Oppa?” She muttered, looking around. Namjoon unloaded their bags from the trunk and grunted a little at the weight of her bag. “Did you bring your whole closet?”

“I might have brought my whole house in there.” She shrugged and hopped towards the main door, leaving him behind. He sighed a little and forced himself to walk behind her.

The door opened and an overly-happy Jimin greeted her. “Our Sera! How long has it been, huh?”

She hugged him back, but ended up coughing as his unexpectedly muscular arms trapped her small frame. “Not that long for you to hug me this… tight, Oppa.”

“Yeah. You’re suffocating her.” Jungkook descended the stairs and winked at her. Jimin’s lip twitched as he playfully pushed her towards Jungkook. “There, you can have her. I just wanted to show Sera how much I missed her.”

Jungkook slung an arm around her and stuck his tongue out at his hyung. “By murdering her?”

Sera rolled her eyes and hugged Jimin once more, this time, just enough that both of them could breath. “Don’t mind him, Oppa. He’s a loser. I missed you too.”

Jimin’s smile was that of a little boy who just got free ice cream.

Jungkook looked at her and raised one eyebrow. “Pizza?”

“Yes please.” She grinned and they pranced to the kitchen together. Jimin watched them leave him alone; the smile vanished as soon as it came and he pouted. “I wanted pizza too.”

 

 

The sun was shining brightly, but its warmth was just enough for a dip on the beach. Just in front of Jin’s beach house was the vast shore, with its clean white sand and pristine waters.

Jin was grilling some meat on the porch, as he occasionally shook his head at the boys playing volleyball in front of him. Sera was running around, trying to cheer, while Yoongi was sitting on a foldable chair, holding the score cards.

“Sera! Cheer for me too!” Taehyung grinned as he got ready to serve. She gave him a thumbs up, and that was all. Taehyung pouted in disappointment as he hit the ball and it landed out of the line.

“Out!” Jungkook laughed and jumped up and down while hi-fiving his team, Hoseok and Namjoon. Jimin glared at Taehyung. They were only two members in their team, and the sun’s rays were too bright to show his unpleased expression.

“I’m getting really tired of cheering.” Sera sat on the side beside Yoongi. He chuckled a little and rolled his eyes. “I’m surprised you even cheered.”

“Hey I can be fun too!” She frowned, throwing some sand on him. He immediately got up and dusted it away, throwing her a glare. “I didn’t say anything! Your temper is really something…”

She shrugged and took a seat on his chair. He couldn’t even protest because she already made herself comfortable. He was left with no choice but join Jin on the porch.

“Did you see that? I was really good. I think I’m good at everything—scratch that, I don’t just think about it, I believe it. Are you proud of your fiancé? I slay at everything I do.” Jungkook playfully tugged on her shirt as he panted. She removed her sunglasses and frowned. “I was trying to sleep, .”

His lip twitched in annoyance. “Did you even hear me?”

She didn’t respond. He scowled and sat beside her on the sand.

“Ya, you two! Are you gonna eat or what?” Hoseok hollered from the porch, his mouth full. Jungkook stood up and tugged on her wrist. “Let’s go, Sera. We don’t want the pig to starve don’t we?”

“Do you really think you’re good at everything?” She said, and he was taken aback. It took him a few seconds to react. “Ya! You weren’t sleeping! You purposely ignored me. I knew it.”

She stood up and smirked. “Oh Jeon, I was just thinking… and I think I know what you’re not good at. I mean, you can’t be good at everything.”

His brows furrowed. “W-what?”

“Girls.” She tapped his cheek once and jogged to the porch to join the others.

Jungkook stood in place and thought to himself. Does she really think that?

 

 

“No, no no. I firmly disagree. We will not go to the open bar tonight. This is non-negotiable.”

Everyone except for Jin and Yoongi were glaring intensely at Namjoon. He almost flinched at the deadly glares, but he succeeded in just looking away.

“We’re seven boys, hyung. Sera’s going to be fine!” Taehyung finally whined as he flung his arms around. Jimin nodded vigorously. “I agree! It will be safe and fun!”

“No. We can stay here and play games.”

The boys faces fell in an instant.

“You’re such a kill-joy.” Hoseok muttered. Even the jolly one was more than disappointed.

Yoongi sighed and reclined on his seat. He really didn’t care.

“I think it’ll be okay.” Jin shrugged nonchalantly.

Namjoon shook his head again. “Hyung—“

“Oh my god, you act like I’ve never been to parties before. We all know I’ve been to worst.” Sera stated after taking a sharp breath. The room fell silent as the boys looked at her unsurely.

Jungkook watched her closely, but she was unfazed.

“Sera, about that…”

“Look— I had a wild past. What’s there to hide if all of South Korea already knows, right?” She hissed, her jaw clearly clenched. She met Jungkook’s knowing stare and realizing that she just snapped, she exhaled deeply and closed her eyes.

Jin sighed and placed a hand on her shoulder. “We’re here to be happy, right? Forget about that. I’m the oldest one here, so I’m deciding. We will go to that open bar tonight.”

An eruption of incoherent cheers and low grumbles from Namjoon followed. Sera smiled at Jin and he tapped her head affectionately. “Okay boys, go get dressed. You too, Sera. We leave in ten.”

“Hyung!” Namjoon protested, but it was too late, the others were already running inside the house, buzzed with excitement.

 

The loud music made the supposed to be serene night alive. It was loud enough to feel it beating on their skin.

Jimin couldn’t hide his giddiness as he jumped up and down on the way to the dance floor. Taehyung and Hoseok disappeared with him in a second. Sera tried for a moment to spot them, but the bodies dancing made it impossible.

Jungkook looked at Sera and offered his hand. “Where do you want to go?”

“I’ll find Namjoon Oppa. I think I kind of hurt him a while ago.” She pushed him playfully. “Go on, Jeon. I’ll be fine.”

He was about to say something when a hand pulled his wrist. In a second he was entangled with the group of people wildly moving their bodies along with the music. He came face to face with Hoseok who was grinning so wide. “Come on Kookie, let’s join the showdown there!”

Sera frowned when she lost Namjoon. She was sure she saw him at the bar ordering something but when she arrived there, he was gone.

Sure, the music and the bursting life of the party were tempting but oddly, she didn’t really feel like partying. It just brought her back to her embarrassing pictures being published all over the metropolis. “Great.” She muttered. “I’m depressing myself all over again.”

“Hey there.” A tall guy was suddenly hovering over her, giving her a smile that she knew best. She didn’t return the smile, and instead she taunted him by raising a brow.

“Can I buy you a drink?” He asked, noticing that she was just looking t him. She snickered and shook her head. “I’m good.”

“Well then…” He slurred, leaning closer to her. She felt his arm going to her back, so she took a step aside to avoid it.

Jungkook was standing at the middle of the crowd, as his hyungs danced like there was no tomorrow. They pulled him in the small space, and he had no other option than to move his body along with them. But, his eyes were darting from left to right, until he found who he was looking for.

His jaw clenched slightly. He was about to storm to her place but a hand (he didn’t know whose because there were several bodies already pressing on to him) pulled him back to the circle.

A wave of panic hit him. He spotted Yoongi from afar, and to his luck, he met his eyes.

He signaled to where she was and he nodded as soon as he noticed. A wave of relief washed through him. He tried to follow his hyung with his eyes but his line of sight was already blocked by hands and bodies fumbling around.

Yoongi made his way to Sera. He frowned a little as the tall guy tried to touch her arm, but she was quick to pry him away. He might be the lethargic and uncaring one, but inside he was already starting to get irked.

“Don’t even try to tou—“

“Let me tell you why you can’t get any girls, big man. First, you reek of alcohol. It’s disgusting. Second, you’re too aggressive. It just shows how you are. And third, no one wants a man who wears Hawaiian-themed shirts with short shorts. So, get the away from me before I—“

The man who seemed a little agitated still had the nerve to reach out to squeeze her bottom, but she took his hand and twisted it. Yoongi relaxed a little as he watched the man wince in pain.

“Before I injure you. Let me ing finish.” She twisted it more and he groaned. “You witch!”

She smiled and let go of his hand. “Go home and cry to your mom now, you jerk.”

She turned around to see Yoongi smiling proudly at her. She clung on to his arm and dragged him along. “What’s up, Oppa?”

“When you said you’d be fine, I didn’t expect you to mean that.” He chuckled lowly. Sera grinned and looked back at the man who was still massaging his wrist. “The world is full of snakes, of course I have to be prepared.”

“That’s good thinking.” He nodded and pulled her to a nearby bench.

They sat in silence for a while, before Yoongi finally started. “Are you okay?”

“Of course I am.” She gave him a weird look as she scoffed. He just looked at her dryly, until she looked away and sighed. “I’m not, but that doesn’t matter, right?”

Even if he looked really uncaring, Yoongi had that side where he didn’t like people getting hurt. “You’re already our little sister, Sera-ah. Even if you hide it so well, we know you’re going through something.”

She didn’t respond. Instead, she sighed again.

“Well I can assure you one thing. You’ll always have us when you’re in deep .”

That made her smile. “Thanks.”

She looked at the dancing crowd and spotted Jungkook there, waving at her. She winked at him and he winked back.

“That dork can dance well.” She mumbled, and Yoongi chuckled. “Don’t tell him I said that, okay?” She pointed her index finger at him, and he playfully raised his hands in surrender. “Yes, ma’am.”

“He told me a while ago that he thought he was good at everything he does. That arrogant , really. He annoys me so much.” She snickered.

“What did you tell him?”

She looked at him dancing again and chuckled lightly. “I wanted to tell him that he was right. I tried so hard to think of his flaws, but I couldn’t think of anything. But no way am I gonna boost his pride. So I told him he when it came to girls.”

Yoongi winced. “That’s degrading… for a man.”

“It is?” She shrugged. “He can handle.”

“You know, for his age, Jungkook is pretty tough. I’d say he’s the toughest of us all.”

She glanced at his direction and a smile tugged on her lips. “Do you want to know a secret, Oppa?”

Yoongi just raised a brow.

“He keeps me on the ground, that guy. I honestly don’t know what would’ve become of me if he hadn’t been there.”

He was about to say something when she cut him off. “And again, don’t tell him that.”

Yoongi just smiled and shook his head. He wondered how dense little kids nowadays were.

“Let’s go get something to drink.” She stood up and pulled him with her. He knew he had no choice when it came to Sera, so he just let her drag him to the bar.

She suddenly stopped, her head tilting to the side. “M-monique?”

A tall blonde flipped her hair and smiled upon seeing her. “Oh my gosh, Park Sera!”

“You’re here.” She managed to mutter. “Are you… here for Kai?”

Monique let out a high-pitched laugh that even Yoongi winced. “Kai? That jerk dumped me about two weeks ago! You better tell your best friend what he’s lost.”

Sera’s brows furrowed in confusion. “He… dumped you? Aren’t you like his… to-go girl?” It was supposed to be quite insulting, but Monique just flipped her hair again, and leered at Yoongi as she spoke. “I don’t know about Kai, Sera. He’s an . Mind introducing me to your friend here?” She bit her lip seductively.

Yoongi cleared his throat. “Actually, we were just leaving.”

“Wait.” Sera turned to face Monique again. “Why did he dump you?”

“As usual, another girl.”

Sera nodded in understanding and was about to leave when Monique grabbed her arm. “It’s quite weird, you know. He told me he was actually in love with someone else. Can you believe it? Kim Jongin, in love?” She rolled her eyes and chuckled. “So, tell me who the ing girl is, Sera.”

Sera took a step back, brows furrowed. “You may not believe me, but I honestly don’t know.”

Monique eyed her for a moment and shrugged. “Seems like he doesn’t share everything with you anymore.” She turned away and went back to flirting with the bartender.

Sera and Yoongi walked back to the bench where the others were already waiting for them.

“Hey!” Jungkook slung an arm around her. “Why did you not dance?”

“I… let’s go, Jeon. I’m really tired.”

Jungkook exchanged glances with Yoongi who just shrugged, clueless.

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry for the really late update. I hope you guys forgive me.

I was really busy.

But hope you're satisfied with the chapter!