It's watching - 32

It's watching

Jongseok turned from the door and entered back into the wide expanse of the room. He glared at the two on the bed and he motioned back through the short hallway. "Open the door so I can leave. What is going on?"

 

Jungkook bit his lips and Jimin stepped up to answer for him. "We can't."

 

"Why not?" The man clicked his tongue. He looked at the door. "What's wrong with it?"

 

Jimin looked down at Jungkook's arms around him. He reached his hand up to place it over Jungkook's. He could hear him breathing unevenly and he rubbed comforting circles on the back of his hand. "Nothing is wrong with it." Jimin muttered. "She doesn't want you to leave."

 

Jongseok had reached his limit of foolish behavior. He was losing any patience he had left. "Who the hell doesn't want me to leave? You both are playing a game with me and you will lose. Open the ing door!" He stomped towards the pair and reached his hand out to grab at them.

 

Before he could cross the short distance to the bedside, a familiar voice called to him. "Jongseok." It whispered. 

 

He turned around again, but he had heard her in his ear. He remembered that voice, the sweet way she used to call his name. It was soft and shy, annoyingly so. Jongseok always wished she would just shut up and let him have his way with her, but she always wanted to talk. He found himself rolling his eyes instinctively.

 

A cool breeze enveloped him and he felt it's cold through his winter coat. "What is going on?" He scowled.

 

Jungkook pulled himself and Jimin back towards the headboard on the bed. He held tightly to the man in his embrace, pulling him closer to himself. He didn't need to answer Jongseok, she would take care of things now. She had the man she was searching for.

 

"I found you." She hissed.

 

Jungkook shivered, remembering those same, chilling words spoken to him in her wispy voice. She wasn't near them, their presence most likely vanquished from her focus now. He felt a bit relieved because of that, but his heart still beat faster as her ghoulish figure begin to show. The lights flickered in the room. That hadn't happened before. She was angry.

 

"Who's there?" Jongseok cried. He backed himself against the nearest wall and bowed his head down. It was almost as if he were cowering, and maybe he was. "I don't feel like these childish games. Let me leave." His voice was low.

 

Jungkook and Jimin watched as her once transparent form became more solid. It was as if she were really there before them, a person in the room and not just an entity. Her voice was smoother than before as she spoke. She was stronger now.

 

"Look at me, Jongseok." She whispered. Her feet were touching the ground, detailed instead of floating wisps in the air. Her hair was flat and straight and her white night dress was visible in its entirety, but she still gleamed a pale blue. "You came back for me."

 

Jungkook could see through her facade. Her tone was kind and nurturing, as if her intentions were not of hate. She was driven by vengeance, seething in anger, but she held herself together well. It was part of her plan and Jungkook was aware of it. He'd experienced her game in a first person stand point and it was truly frightening.

 

Jongseok slowly looked up. He didn't know what he was expecting to see. Was the entire story of her death a clever lie to lure him into some backwards attack? He blinked up as she came into his vision, a soft smile adorning her face that appeared as if it had been frozen in time. She looked the same as she did the last day he had seen her, but she was so pale he wondered if she was ill. "Jumi?"

 

"You've aged." She commented, surprised. "Still so handsome."

 

The man winced at her words. He didn't want to be anywhere near her, her voice pained him and her face made his body writhe. "I don't want to see you." He muttered and her expression soured.

 

The apparition flickered before him, fading in and out a few times as her anger grew again. She stared at the man that had never loved her, his cruel words still as sharp as the night he had left her on the sidewalk to freeze. "I want to see you, Jongseok. It's been so long." Her voice altered, becoming deformed. It oozed out of her like putty, encasing him in its thick, sticky grasp. "You left me."

 

Jongseok watched her transform, her hair slowly splaying put at every angle around her frail body. He was beginning to see through her and his breath caught in his throat. He struggled for air as he spat at her, "Get away from me, you !" He covered his face with his hands and squeezed his eyes shut so he couldn't see her anymore, but his attempts to rid her from himself were futile. 

 

"You're a liar, Jongseok." She echoed. Her hair was whirling around her small, angry face. She was gradually moving closer to the man who refused to look at her. It was okay, he didn't have to see her just yet, but he would watch her eyes as he lost his pathetic life. "You told me you loved me."

 

The man didn't bother to answer her again. He kept his face bowed and his eyes closed. Her voice was close, he could feel her frozen breath on the back of his hands. She was on top of him. Jongseok dared to look at her, to see her face leaning towards him. He didn't want to keep her etched into his memories, but she wouldn't let him go. This game she was playing, she was good. He was scared.

 

Jongseok opened his eyes. Her lips were the first thing he saw, curved down into an awful frown. He his own lips and the sound of him clicking his tongue wafted through the still room. She breathed again into his face and he shivered. "What do you want from me?" He uttered. 

 

A smirk lifted her icy blue lips then and she lifted her hand to show him the cluster of slender digits. He watched her closely, hopping between her fingers and her expression with equal amounts of fright and curiosity as she began to fade quicker. She opened to speak her last words to the man, her cruel love story she was eager to end was on its way to a close. She hissed, "I just want to touch you, Jongseok. One last time."

 

Before giving him another chance to respond, before he could completely grasp the dimming future he would never see, her fingers sank into the flesh above his heart. She pushed them deeper and soiled memories flashed through his mind. He saw her face as he had told her goodbye, he watched her curl into a ball on the cold concrete sidewalk. He saw the agony in her eyes as she let the sharp, metal blade slide across her perfect skin. He watched her die. His heart dropped into his stomach. Was he really so cruel? "I'm sorry, Jumi." He whispered with whatever breath he had left in his lungs. He couldn't see her face anymore.

 

She laughed sharply, her voice distorted as it echoed off the walls. "It's too late for that, Jongseok. It's too late for you." She pushed her cold fingers deeper into the mans chest, touching his slow beating heart. Jumi leaned in close to his ear and her words slithered out like venom. "Stop now, your heart will stop beating. Die for me." And it did.

 

The light faded from his cruel eyes, they rolled back into his head. His defending hands dropped limply to his sides. She took her ghostly hand from the man sliding down the brace of the wall until he slumped down against it, lifeless. Her gaze turned from the man to fall on the two still huddled together on the bed and they froze. A soft smile took her expression then, her hair falling back down and her features shining beautiful once again. She was still fading, faster now.

 

"Thank you." Jumi whispered. Her form shook, flickering like an old black and white movie.

 

Jungkook nodded his head once, terrified still of her presence, but he could feel her energy becoming lighter. He tried a smile in return, but before he could manage to form it on his lips, she was gone. Vanished.