It's watching - 7

It's watching

A few hours had passed, if Jimin was estimating the time correctly. He wasn't sure if he had really been unconscious, but a few hours of quiet sleeping is what it had felt like. Jungkook was snoring softly beside him, still laying on his back as Jimin remained curled into his side. He was still laying on the younger boys arm, wondering internally just how Jungkook could be uncomfortably slumbering with a dead limb. It must have gone numb hours ago, but his friend could sleep through anything if he was tired enough.

 

Jimin decided to spare him the cost of losing a body part and shifted to the side to release him. Jungkook groaned between whipy snores and pulled his arm back to his own side. He turned his body away from Jimin, showing him his back, clearly relieved to move. Jungkook tossed and turned most nights, so to be held down probably caused him a lot of suffering. 

 

The older of the two sighed into the cool apartment room. He scrunched his eyebrows together in a sudden onslaught of confusion. They had heard the heat come on earlier, he remembered clearly. Why hadn't it warmed up at all yet? Shrugging it off as one of the least of his worries, Jimin pulled the heavy blanket further up his body. Why am I awake? It was still dark outside, he could tell from the lack of daylight that would obnoxiously pour into Jungkook's bedroom every morning. He grumbled under his breath as he realized that it was now his own fate to experience the same hell every morning.

 

He breathed deeply, trying to relax his mind and body back into the deep sleep he was missing out on. A few quiet moments passed, Jungkook's soft snoring subsided to just the sound of him breathing. Jimin smiled and turned his head to try and make out his friends form. At the same time, an almost inaudible click sounded from the bedroom door. It sounded like the lock, as if somebody were turning it to lock the door. He snapped his head back toward its direction and held his breath. Jimin listened in silence, wishing now that Jungkook would hold his breath too. He almost hadn't heard it before, but could've sworn that's what it was. He reached to Jungkook, softly gripping at the others shirt, just in case. Just is case what?

 

Another unknown amount of time passed with nothing accompanying the air but the sounds of Jungkook's lungs contracting, in and out. Jimin breathed slowly, continuing to listen and observe. It felt like almost an hour of laying awake on his back in the same position, too afraid to move, before another out of the ordinary sound caught his attention. A soft murmur. At first he thought it could have been Jungkook, mumbling in his sleep. It was a fairly common occurrence for Jungkook to sleep talk. But this wasn't Jungkook's voice, it was much more feminine, and it came from the direction of the door again. Jimin hadn't caught the words the first time, but it came again. The same voice whispered into the cold night air. "Here."

 

Goosebumps spread across his arms, legs, face in record speed. Here. He'd heard it, that word. Maybe there had been more, but he heard that one lone word and a series of chills made their way through his spine racking his body. Jimin felt his eyes begin to water, a new sense of fear rising from his chest. He could feel a ball in his throat. Somebody was here, here, a presence that didn't belong to Jungkook or himself. He let the tears stream down the sides of his face, letting each one hit the bed one after another. Jimin chocked, coughing slightly but unable to move. He could feel Jungkook moving beside him and a dull light suddenly blinded him through the tears in his eyes.

 

Jungkook's face hovered above him and he let out a soft cry. 

 

"What happened?" The younger boys concerned voice came before a comforting hand swiped his tears away, only for more to follow. Jungkook cupped his friends cheek in his hand, thumbing the tears away as they came. He stared down at Jimin, confusion and worry playing equally evident in his expression. "What did you see." It wasn't a question this time, it was a demand. He felt a pang of guilt in his chest. Jimin was crying now, after he'd asked him to live here.

 

"I-" Jimin choked again, sentence cutting off before he could get a few words out. He coughed and lifted one arm free from the blankets that encased him. He pointed a shaky finger towards the bedroom door and Jungkook's eyes followed. "There was a voice." He stuttered.

 

Jungkook tilted his head in confusion. He watched the door for a brief moment, scanning the area around it in the dim light his bedside lamp offered. He looked back at Jimin who was attempting to sit up, face swollen and blotchy. Jimin cleared his throat, trying to regain his voice and he took in a quivering breath.

 

"A voice?" Jungkook inquired, glancing between the door and his friend.

 

Jimin nodded. "A female voice."

 

Jungkook stared at him blankly, seemingly unaffected by the new information. His mind was racing though, frozen as identical goosebumps to Jimin's rose on his arms. He blinked rapidly, trying to keep from tearing up himself as he pulled the heavy blankets from his waist. He suddenly felt hot. "What did it say?" Jungkook asked, knowing he didn't really want to hear the answer. He couldn't understand why Jimin was experiencing so many back to back strange encounters, especially while he wasn't around. "And you better tell me what happened in the kitchen. Right now."

 

Jimin bit at his lips. He felt so weak, as if every drop of energy had been drained from his body. He didn't feel like speaking, moving, keeping his eyes open. They felt so heavy and all that he wanted to do was go back to sleep. Jimin knew that it was impossible now. Jungkook was watching him, intensely waiting for him to shed some knowledge about the current situation at hand, and the one he was still actively trying to forget. He sighed and looked away from Jungkook's expecting stare.

 

"Here." He muttered. "All it said was... Here."

 

Jungkook swallowed hard. He nodded his response. "And the kitchen?"

 

Another heavy sigh greeted Jungkook's ears. Jimin shook his head. "There was a pot." He took another deep breath and brought back the rest of the memory. "It was in the middle of the kitchen. All the cabinets,"

 

Jungkook brought a hand up to his lips, hiding his gaping mouthed expression.

 

Jimin continued, much to his own dismay. "The cabinets were all open."