It's watching - 20

It's watching

The first light of the early morning sun was beginning to appear, shining proudly through the bleached white thin curtains in their hotel room. Jungkook had shuffled to lean against the headboard of the bed, letting it brace his back as he petted Jimin's hair. A series of leg cramp complaints had separated the two from their previous positions shortly after it had been established. Jungkook stretched his legs out in front of himself now, Jimin's sleepy head resting comfortably in his lap. He the mans bright red locks and heaved a contented sigh.

 

They were finally away from it all, the hold that apartment had kept on them. He felt relieved, to say the least, and he wondered if life could ever just be this way. Permanently. They were going to have to seriously start the hunt for another place to live before that dream could come to pass. Jungkook planned on it, as soon as he got some rest.

 

"Mm," Jimin groaned, taking Jungkook's hand from his head and pulling down in it. "Come lay down. Let's sleep before it gets too bright."

 

Jungkook nodded and followed his orders with a soft chuckle. He scooted himself down into the bed, nuzzling his head back into the squishy pillows. The younger man stretched out his arm as Jimin raised up on the bed to curl up into his side. This time, it didn't take any time at all for the room to fill with quiet snores and evened breathing.

 

They managed to rack up another four or five hours of much needed rest before the sounds of slamming doors and children laughing woke them. It was a much better alarm clock than a chilly voice whispering in his ear, Jimin smiled to himself. They both lazily stretched their limbs and greeted each other with a sleepy good morning. It wasn't really morning anymore, but what was the use in having a regular sleeping schedule? 

 

"I guess we missed the breakfast." Jungkook grumbled, a tired laugh tagging along behind it. He heard his stomach growl after the mention and thought of food and Jimin's eyes met his, folding closed with his bright smile.

 

Jimin placed his hand on Jungkook's tummy, giggling at the noises it had made. "We can go out for lunch instead?" He offered, earning a quick and serious nod as a response. They dragged their bodies from the comfortable confines of the bed, throwing out some hand signals to decide who got to shower first with a speed game of rock, paper, scissors. Jungkook won and he gathered a simple outfit to throw on after he was finished. The bathroom door closed behind him and Jimin heard the shower turn on.

 

He sat back onto the bed and raised his phone to check the date and time. It was 12:46pm, early afternoon. Tomorrow was his last day off before he needed to return to his classes, but he was beginning to consider skipping the day. He could use the rest of the week free from responsibilities before he had to work through the weekend. He could always catch up on his studies later.

 

After scrolling through a few missed text messages and a voicemail his mother had left him just to check in, Jimin let his phone fall down onto the bed. He laid back, supporting his head with his arms. It did feel nice, comforting to be away from the apartment, even if it was only by a mile. He should have been putting together his own clothing for the day, instead Jimin relaxed into another sleep cycle. An unknown amount of minutes later, a hand was caressing his bent up knee.

 

"You fell asleep again?" Jungkook chuckled. He couldn't blame Jimin for being excessively tired, he could feel the heaviness still weighing on him from losing countless hours in his bed, even after he had washed away all of the stubborn sleep from his eyes. 

 

Jimin stretched his arms out towards Jungkook, making grabby hands at him. "Lay next to me." He jutted out his bottom lip in a sleepy pout and took Jungkook's closest hand in one of his own. A soft smile broke out on the younger mans face.

 

Jungkook leaned his head back and shook out his hair, laughing as he did. "My hair is wet, though." He leaned forward again as he gave a gentle squeeze to Jimin's hand. 

 

"It's okay." The older man muttered. He watched Jungkook ruffle out his damp strands of hair and he suddenly felt so inferior. How could he be so good looking, and what had Jimin done to deserve such an eye catcher? He pulled at Jungkook's hand. "Lay with me."

 

Jungkook playfully rolled his eyes, but he obliged, lowering himself onto the unmade sheets beside his friend. He found himself wondering what Jimin really was to him anymore. They had exceeded the limits of friendship, but hadn't made any moves to call their relationship anything but that. How was he supposed to bring up the topic of making it more? He wanted to call Jimin his boyfriend, just as much as he wanted to kiss the man blinking up at him. Their first kiss had been something brand new to Jungkook, a feeling he hadn't experienced before. It was like baring his soul without using any words, which felt a lot easier than trying to stumble through forming a sentence and trying to make it make sense.

 

"What?" Jungkook inquired, catching a glimmer of curiosity in Jimin's eyes.

 

Jimin propped his head up on his elbow and leveled with Jungkook's face. He smiled softly. "What are you thinking about?"

 

"Mm," Jungkook hummed. He let his head fall down onto the mattress and lifted his arms above his head in a stretch before bringing them down with a sigh. Words again. He internally groaned, wishing he could show Jimin his thoughts instead of explaining them. "I'm thinking about what I should call you."

 

Jimin crinkled his forehead, titling his head to the side. "My name is Jimin." He half joked sarcastically, not really comprehending Jungkook's statement.

 

The younger man rolled his eyes again and smiled. "No," He whispered in a hushed tone. "I mean, what are you to me? My friend?" The label sounded strange on his tongue as he remembered having it between Jimin's lips. 

 

Jimin's lips parted with understand. "Ah." He muttered. He hadn't actually thought much about terms and labels for their blossoming relationship, it just was. A fluttering settled in his heart when the word boyfriend came to mind. Is that what they could be? Could they change their status so early? Was it too fast if he hadn't even given it a single thought before the conversation he was currently having? He decided to be honest instead of pretending that he had any answers. "I haven't thought about that."

 

"Oh." Jungkook folded his arms behind his head. He didn't know what to say. Was it right to ask Jimin to be something more to him? Was he supposed to wait? Jungkook shook his head and he sat up on the bed, looking down at the man beside him. It was probably too soon to talk about things like that, so he decided to drop it. "You should go take that shower before I starve to death." He laughed awkwardly, trying to change the subject.

 

Jimin accepted the distraction and he nodded. He was at a loss for words. Of course Jungkook felt like more than a friend to him, but he had never truly committed himself to anybody before. He knew that Jungkook was even more inexperienced in the relationship department, but Jimin felt like it would almost make it easier for him to jump right into one. Every relationship he had been in before hadn't ended well and had only lasted a short amount of time. Maybe it was a fear that he had developed over time, but he just wanted to do things right with Jungkook. He had never loved anybody before, so he couldn't screw it up this time.