It's watching - 19

It's watching

Jungkook moved to sit back up without pulling his hand away from Jimin. The tone of their conversation had gone from sour to eerie. "Jimin-ah." He whispered and pulled Jimin's hand to his chest. He was at a loss for words, not knowing in the slightest how he should respond. Jungkook instead stared into Jimin's glistening eyes as he began to understand why he had been so distant from him. He was being bullied in their own home.

 

"I would never ignore you on my own." Jimin sniffled, squeezing away the tears that were pricking at the back of his eyes. He gave Jungkook's hand a gentle squeeze and smiled, using the back of his free hand to smudge away the tears that had fallen. "I meant all the things I said before."

 

Jungkook nodded. "I know." His heart ached from the pain so crystal clear in Jimin's face. He wanted to wipe away more than the mans tears, he wanted to erase all the ugly memories and experiences he'd come to know and fear. Asking Jimin to move in with him felt like such a selfish thing to ask of him now, knowing how much suffering he'd made his friend go through. "I'm so sorry, Jimin. I wish that I could take it all away."

 

Jimin frowned. "You don't have to be sorry." He started to push away Jungkook's apology, but the man was shaking his head.

 

"No, I am. I shouldn't have asked you to-"

 

"Stop." Jimin held up his hand in front of Jungkook's face, halting any further words from leaving the others mouth. He didn't want to hear them, the regretful tone in Jungkook's voice and the sorrow in his eyes too much to witness already. He didn't regret moving in with his best friend. He had experienced the worst things in his life in that apartment, but also the best. He had been shown the meaning of loving somebody, somebody that loved him back in that tiny, haunted place. He wouldn't take it back for anything that could be offered to him, and he wasn't about to accept an apology for it. "I don't regret a second of living with you and I never will."

 

"But Jimin," Jungkook dropped their conjoined hands onto his own knee. He shook his head. "All the things you've seen and had to go through, losing so much sleep and being scared all the time, how can you not wish it hadn't happened?"

 

Jimin smiled then and he reached out to take Jungkook's other hand in his own. How could the man still not understand his feelings? He had poured his heart out to him, not twenty four hours ago and he had already forgotten. "I got you from it." Jimin whispered. "That makes everything worth it."

 

Jungkook's scrunched expression softened as he let Jimin's explanation sink in. He hadn't really thought about it in that light, letting his own regrets and worries take over his mind. What Jimin was saying was completely opposite of his track of mind and he felt the tension in his shoulders escape as he realized that his hyung was right. They had come really far in their relationship, confessing their hearts to each other in the small space of their tiny kitchen. He could see the beauty in it now and Jungkook wondered if any of it could have happened without the harsh environment they had been fated into. He actually doubted it. "Oh." Was all Jungkook could mange to say.

 

"Oh?" Jimin laughed and shook their clasped hands up and down. He looked down at Jungkook's fingers, twisting his hands so he could see them better. He knew words didn't come easy for Jungkook, so he took the short and sweet response as a good one. He was never very good at explaining his own feelings, but it looked like he had the upper hand in that department when it came to him and Jungkook. "Do you want to actually get some sleep tonight?" Jimin asked, looking up again.

 

One of Jungkooks hands left his own and Jimin felt it soon after on his cheek. It was warm, full of the heat he'd been craving for. Jimin watched Jungkook's eyes for an answer to the sudden change in position. He wasn't used to being the one left surprised, usually finding it easy to predict the others movements with ease. He wasn't expecting the same lustful eyes he'd missed his opportunity with the day before, he could feel his own widen in astonishment. Jungkook wasn't typically a spontaneous person, this was out of his realm of understanding of the man.

 

"You mean the most to me, out of anybody that I have ever known." Jungkook whispered. No, he wasn't good at words. He didn't know how to phrase the pieces of his feelings together to form a good sentence. Looking at Jimin, with his eyes wide and his lips parted in a way that excited him even more than he already was, opened a door for Jungkook to say what was on his mind in a way that could maybe make a little sense. "I've always just looked at you. When you asked me why I didn't date anybody, it was because I was looking at you." He let his heart speak now, giving it its own freedom to say what it wanted to say. All of the times he had shut it down and told it to be quiet were going to be a part of the past. "I just want you."

 

Jimin's heart was listening, beating loud in his chest. This was a side to Jungkook he hadn't seen a lot of, it was still so brand new. He let a smile lift his parted lips and he leaned his face into the warmth of Jungkook's hand. "You have me." Jimin whispered.

 

Jungkook mirrored his smile. He leaned forward, much faster than before. A part of him was nervous, but not because he wasn't sure of anything. He was afraid of being stopped again before he could feel the lips he wanted more than anything under his own. Jimin's shaky breath was on his lips. He was a mere centimeter away from feeling the soft flesh he wanted to taste. Jimin's hand lifted to his neck and he felt him pull him forward, skin touching now. He took the initiative to go and so he did, pressing his lips onto the full, cushiony pair of the man before him.

 

Jimin's lips were smooth and cool on his own. He could taste a sweetness that baffled him, maybe Chapstick. Jungkook didn't care, it tasted like Jimin and he was in love with it. He let go of Jimin's other hand and wrapped his arm around the mans waist, pulling him closer to him and deepening the kiss. He felt Jimin's lips part and he took it as an invitation to explore. 

 

Jimin looped his arms around Jungkook's shoulders as the younger man took him onto his lap. He tasted Jungkook's tongue in his mouth and he met it with his own. They battled for dominance, Jimin winning towards the end before they had to break apart for a much needed breath.

 

Jungkook nestled his face into the nape of Jimin's neck. He closed his eyes and let his heart smile through his lips. How could something he'd always seen in movies, thought of as a simple act of adoration, feel so good? His lips tingled still and he tightened his hold around Jimin's waist, hugging him closer and feeling his body in his arms. It was the happiest he had ever felt. Jungkook could hear Jimin's heartbeat, he could feel the consistent thump on his chest. "I love you." He muttered in a muffled voice.

 

Jimin encased the younger mans frame in his arms, wrapping himself around Jungkook like a koala bear. He moved quickly to place both of his legs on either side of Jungkook's hips so he could surround him better. Jimin rested his chin on his friends shoulder and whispered, in a soft voice, right beside Jungkook's waiting ear, "I love you, too."