It's watching - 17

It's watching

The mess in the kitchen was cleaned finally, after a few minutes of convincing Jungkook to abandon the wall. Jimin didn't feel like going to bed on an empty stomach again, so he opted for paying for some pizza to be delivered. A good half hour of waiting dragged by as they squished together on the sofa.

 

"Thank you." Jimin nodded his head as he tipped the delivery boy. He placed the box on the coffee table and took his seat again, motioning for Jungkook to take food. They chewed in silence, neither reaching to turn on the television to mask their sounds. It was quiet, and they were listening.

 

With a few remaining slices of pizza, they relocated together to pack them away in the refrigerator. Jungkook yawned. "Wanna try and sleep?" He smiled, trying to make a lighthearted mood where there didn't seem to be one. They hadn't talked much since returning to the apartment, mostly from fear. There was an unspoken film of a tense atmosphere between them, and Jungkook was pretty sure it was because of their unfinished intimate business they hadn't resumed. Jimin had been really hesitant with touching him, accepting his advances, as small as they had been. A small touch here and there was all he had accomplished. It left him wondering if Jimin was regretting accepting his feelings, returning them. 

 

Jimin nodded, not smile back and he turned to start towards their bedroom. He stopped in front of his own bed, eyes flickering towards Jungkook's. He wanted to climb into his friends made up sheets and curl up next to the man he had confessed all of his feelings to earlier in the day, but the same nagging thought kept making his decisions. Keep your distance from Jungkook, if you get close to him, something else will happen. He knew that before any relationships with Jungkook, past the level of friendship, ever happened, there were supernatural occurrences, but none of them had been so... Violent. Jimin pulled back his own sheets and got into his bed.

 

Jungkook watched him, confused as he felt a sharp pain in his heart. He let his head drop and before Jimin could noticed the change in his expectant expression, he made it to his own bed. His lonely bed that he had looked forward to snuggling up to Jimin in. He was almost sure that they would share it, but his feelings were beginning to feel more and more rejected. Jungkook removed his top shirt, leaving only a tank top to sleep in. He left on his joggers and climbed into bed, reaching reluctantly to pull the small chain on the lamp beside him. The room fell into a dark abyss and he pulled the covers over himself. 

 

"Goodnight." Jimin whispered. It was so quiet that his voice filled the entire room. 

 

Jungkook closed his eyes. He rubbed the empty sheets beside him and whispered the same response. "Goodnight." 

 

It took a while for Jimin to eventually fall asleep. He missed Jungkook's muscular arm under his head, his torso he had wrapped his own arm around. He wanted to be next to him, especially after they had felt so close before. It was terrifying to sleep on his own, feeling like something could grab him at any moment and Jungkook wouldn't be near enough to save him. His eyes closed and he eased himself into a nightmare with comforting thoughts. He dreamt of being torn away from the apartment, banished from ever returning. Forbidden from seeing Jungkook, talking to him, feeling him. He dreamt that he was all alone in a dark room, a low and taunting voice laughing at him as he wept. Jimin's eyes snapped open and he felt a cool breeze on his forehead. His skin was slick with sweat, making him shiver in the cold room.

 

Jimin wiped the wetness away and he sat up in his bed. The room was still dark, his nightmare waking him after what could have only been a couple of hours. It was a returning thing, to be woken after such little sleep. He rubbed at his tired eyes. Jimin could hear Jungkook softly snoring in the bed next to his. At least he could sleep. He longed to creep into Jungkook's bed, but was afraid to wake him. He was even more afraid of causing any more disturbances in the apartment. He was now, most definitely, permanently linking their physical contact to the supernatural. It angered them, it, whatever it was. He could feel it, like a weight on his shoulders. Jimin laid back down, pulling the blankets up to his chin. 

 

He closed his eyes again, trying to hush his negative thoughts and return to his sleep. It took him more than a few minutes this time to rid his mind of the eerie feeling of a presence watching him. It was too far of a stretch to assume that there was one, considering what he had already seen. Thinking about it would do him no good, so he pushed it away. He was almost there, almost to the point of falling back into the same nightmare that has haunted him awake before, when a soft whisper drifted into his ear. Jimin slowly opened his eyes again. No. He thought to himself. Don't listen. He didn't want to hear it, to confirm that the presence he had been feeling was really there. He shook his head.

 

The whisper floated beside him then, right next to him. It was close, as if it were in his bed. He could feel a sharp breeze, cold on one side of his body and he stiffened. Jimin held his breath. He squeezed his eyes shut, not wanting to see anything. He didn't want to see the thing, but he could feel it. It was touching him. It was on top of him, it's ice cold fingers pressing against his damp cheeks. Jimin grabbed at the bed sheets beneath him, clutching the cloth tightly in both fists. He tried to move his head, to no avail. He had no choice but to hear it, the same voice of a woman coming to speak to him again. She was in his ear. She was holding his face still in her cold, dead hands. Jimin felt her breath, a freezing gust of air. 

 

"He's mine." She hissed. 

 

Jimin gasped, filling his lungs with the piercing frost that had placed itself on top of him. He reached to pull the blankets from his body, jumping from his bed faster than he could blink. He didn't bother with the lights as he stumbled the short distance to Jungkook. He grabbed blindly at the bed, finding the mans face and gently slapping him awake.

 

"Jungkook, wake up!" He yelled. His voice boomed now in the dark room. He shook his friends shoulder. Jungkook woke with a start, grumbling a sleepy, "What hyung, what's going on?"

 

"She's back. We need to go, now!" Jimin didn't waste any time, he pulled Jungkook from his bed as the younger man struggled to find his balance. "Pack your things, we are leaving."