It's watching - 30

It's watching

"What do we do with this?" Jungkook stared at the phone for a minute longer and he handed Jimin his phone. His expression was still heavy, countering Jimin's smile.

 

Jimin ignored the grim look Jungkook was shooting at him and he chirped. "We contact him, maybe tell him to meet us somewhere. Like this hotel. Tomorrow."

 

Jungkook raised an eyebrow at Jimin's suggestion. "What would we even tell him to get here?"

 

The older man shrugged. He hadn't thought of that. It might be difficult to lure a stranger to meet up with them on no solid grounds. He didn't think to come up with a reason. Jimin's smile fell. "I really don't know."

 

"You know, even if we did manage to get him here, with her as a threat she would probably kill him." Jungkook muttered. He understood how Jimin was thinking, but he knew the man never thought very far ahead of his actions. "She can do that, I know she can." A shiver trailed up his spine at the gruesome thought.

 

Jimin nodded then and rubbed at his sleepy eyes. He couldn't go to sleep yet, however loud the bed was calling his name. "Who cares, he killed her." He responded in a muffled voice behind his fists.

 

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows. "Don't say that." He whispered, but Jimin was right. He did kill her, not directly, but he had hurt her enough to want to die. That was the same as murder in his book. Still, they couldn't set him up like that. They needed to get his story first, if the man would even talk to them. "Do you have contact information on here?"

 

Jimin looked up at him and nodded. He took his phone from Jungkook and opened the link attached to the photo of the man. A list appeared on his screen, information that he was probably not legally allowed access to, but he was too deep into it to care about minor things like that. He showed the phone to Jungkook and half smiled. "Here."

 

Jungkook took the phone again and read over the phone number listed there. "What kind of forbidden site did you have to hack to get this kind of information?" He inquired, looking up astonished at Jimin's smug expression.

 

The older man just shrugged again and pointed at the screen on the phone. "Don't worry about that." He reached over Jungkook's hand and tapped on the phone number, highlighting it. "Call him."

 

"Right now?" Jungkook's voice cracked. "Don't you think it's kind of late for that?"

 

Jimin rolled his eyes. "I don't care if he gets disturbed from his sleep, he's the cause of my lack of it."

 

It was completely true, understandable. Jungkook felt a yawn overtake him and he took it as a cue to follow Jimin's orders. With a shaky finger he pressed the call button and put the phone up to his ear. A few loud rings sounded before Jungkook snapped the phone away from his face and ended the call. He widened his eyes at Jimin.

 

"What?"

 

"I don't know what to say to him." The younger man swallowed the lump in his throat. He's been so hasty, he had forgotten they needed an excuse.

 

"Damn." Jimin cursed under his breath, realizing the same. He leaned back on his hands and tried to come up with something good and believable. What could you tell a heartless man only interested in his own desires? Jimin snapped his fingers as a brilliant idea overcame him. "Tell him you're an attorney and he just came into some money. We could make up a story about a deceased distant relative that had him in his will or something."

 

Jungkook immediately dismissed the suggested with a wave of his hand. "This isn't a scripted Television show, nobody would believe something like that." He sighed heavily. "Who knows how long it would take him to come for that anyway, it could be days, or weeks. We don't have that kind of time."

 

Jimin lowered his head. Jungkook was right, but he didn't have anything else to offer.

 

"We could just tell him the truth?" The younger man whispered. He didn't know anything else that could really catch the mans attention. It was a shot in the dark, they had no way of knowing if this man would care enough to talk to them about her, but they couldn't sit and wait for her to return without trying something before the night was over. Jungkook remembered what she had shown him, he could still see it playing in his head. The man was cruel and he had taken advantage of her, but maybe he could tell him something more.

 

Jimin didn't think it was a good idea, but he agreed anyway. What else could they say? It would be easier on their conscience later if they did tell him the truth instead of a lie to get him to their hotel room, just in case something did happen to the man. Jimin nodded. "Then we will go with that."

 

Jungkook took a deep breath and he pressed the talk button again. The same loud rings screamed into his ear, five times. A tired voice answered, obviously woken from sleep.

 

"Hello?"

 

Jungkook's voice caught in his throat. The man talked again, sounding rough and annoyed.

 

"It's late. Who is this?"

 

Jungkook cleared his throat. "I'm sorry about the time, but I needed to call you now."

 

"Who is this?" The man repeated his question.

 

"You don't know me. I'm calling about Jumi." Jungkook closed his eyes. "Do you remember her?"

 

The man was quiet for a while, nothing but the static making any hint of noise at all. He spoke again with a different tone, a defensive one. "What does she have to do with me anymore?"

 

Jungkook felt his blood starting to boil from the way the man had responded. How arrogant could a person be? He had to know what happened to her. "A lot, actually." Jungkook replied. He waited for a response, but one didn't come so he carried on. "I know what happened between you and I know that it's your fault that she's dead."

 

Another long pause held their connection. Jungkook waited until he heard a few uneven breaths in his ear and the man started to speak again.

 

"What do you mean? Jumi's dead?"

 

Jungkook held back the temptation to roll his eyes. It was the life of a young woman they were talking about, even though it had been twisted even after her death. He didn't want to disrespect her with such an action. Jungkook sighed into the phone. "She died seven years ago. You didn't know?" The man really must have forgotten about her after he had left her all alone.

 

"S-Seven years ago?" The man stuttered.

 

Jungkook nodded, even though the man couldn't see him. He rubbed a couple fingers against his nose. He had to get this man to meet them somehow, and the confusion and curiosity in his voice could be Jungkook's ticket to making that happen. "Tomorrow, early, meet me. I'll tell you everything."

 

"I don't even know where you are. I don't know you." 

 

Jungkook sighed again. "My name is Jungkook. I'll text you the address to meet me. Don't worry, it'll be public." He took the phone away from his ear and ended the call. Jungkook opened his eyes and looked up at Jimin who was staring at him with the same amount of curiosity that had been in the mans voice. He handed the phone back to its owner.

 

"So?" Jimin inquired.

 

Jungkook smiled then. He didn't know anything for sure, but he was pretty confident that the man wanted to know more of what he knew, enough to meet a stranger to get it.  "Text him our address. We can meet him in the lobby."