It's watching - 27

It's watching

Jungkook couldn't resist the grin that played at his lips. He fought to control his smile but Jimin's words had hit a nerve, a good one. He pushed his lips together and hoped that he didn't look as excited as he felt. "What kind of arrangement are we talking about then?" Jungkook inquired, only a little smugly.

 

Jimin rolled his eyes then. Jungkook wasn't good at hiding the good emotions or biting back a laugh. He felt relieved, though, thankful that he hadn't completely screwed up with Jungkook after their previous discussion on the same topic. He let out a small chuckle himself. "I thought that maybe we could come to some kind of agreement, together."

 

Boyfriend. The word fluttered in Jungkook's mind again and it triggered his heart to beat loud and irregular. His confidence was fading though, reminded of how hurt he had felt when Jimin shot him down before. He couldn't understand why it had been so awkward earlier in the day. "Hmm," He pretended to ponder a suggestion of title for their relationship. He didn't feel comfortable throwing the same one out again. "Buddies?" Jungkook shrugged and covered his smile with one of his hands.

 

Jimin nodded. "Ah, yes of course." He replied, sarcastically. "Buddies it is."

 

Jungkook let out a small laugh, nodding back with his hand still on his mouth. "Okay, buddy." He earned a soft hit to his chest.

 

"I'm serious this time." Jimin propped his head up on his elbow and looked down at Jungkook. His lips protruded into a pout. Jungkook's eyes were big and bright, staring back at his own. He reached up to pull at the hand the younger man kept at his lips. "I want to be something more than friends, or buddies."

 

Jungkook cleared his throat and looked up at the smooth ceiling. "Okay. Serious." He bit his bottom lip and hummed again as he thought of another answer. He was almost positive that Jimin was trying to bait him into voicing the same opinion he had on the matter before. It comforted his nerves, but he decided it would be better to mess with his hyung for a little bit longer instead of giving him what he wanted right away. "Best buddies?"

 

Jimin hit him again and whined, "Stop." He sat up on the bed and crossed his arms across his chest. He hated being teased and he huffed. "You know what I mean."

 

Jungkook raised his eyebrows and looked back at the smaller man sitting next to him in annoyance. "Do I? Tell me what you mean, hyung?" He managed to hold his fake surprisal in his expression. Jimin sighed and he dropped his face down, another pout extending on his lips. Jungkook knew Jimin didn't want to take control of the situation. He wanted to hear the confession and accept Jungkook's proposal, but he had missed his chance for that already. Jungkook wasn't upset about what had happened before anymore, the way they had left the conversation and let it stay there for hours. He just wanted to accept Jimin's feelings this time. He wanted to be the one to hear that question.

 

"Kookie." Jimin's expression was one of agony. He felt so much pressure on his shoulders, but he knew that Jungkook was only messing with him. Being the one to initiate the start of their deeper connection scared him. The mere question he had to ask to get them there was terrifying. He still felt his own reluctance to do it, to ask that simple question that would open every door for their relationship to grow. The act of maintaining that kind of commitment was something he had failed at too many times before, but he knew it would be different with Jungkook. During the time he had spent shuffling through different partners in the past and always coming out single from it all, not once had he been the one to ask for it. He accepted their feelings and tried his best to return them, but it never happened the way he wanted it to. This time, with Jungkook, he could give him the same love he felt through the younger mans fingertips on his arm. 

 

"Ask me." Jungkook whispered.

 

Jimin looked up from the bed to catch a gentle smile on the other mans lips. He felt like Jungkook was reading his mind and it deepened his anxiety. He pushed back the shutter that threatened to take over his body and nodded. His voice was shaking as he spoke through barely moving lips. "Will you be my boyfriend?"

 

Jungkook grinned. He never thought he would get to hear those words, all perfectly clustered together in a way that made his heart sing. He answered with his body, his lips, as he pulled Jimin back down on the bed to him and pressed a chaste kiss to the mans forehead. He leaned back just enough for Jimin to see him and he nodded. He didn't know it would feel so good to see Jimin's cheeks so red. The calm and collected man that always took life's experiences so seriously was blushing.

 

The older man huffed and laid his head back on Jungkook's arm. His mission was complete, but he still felt nervous. Or was it excitement? He closed his eyes, but could still feel Jungkook's eyes on him. Then, he felt his lips as the man leaned in and placed a second kiss on his own. The crinkle in his forehead disappeared and he let his mind relax as Jungkook's smooth tongue traced a line on his bottom lip. His emotions got the best of him and he smiled into Jungkook's lips. Okay. He thought to himself. Jungkook moved to hover above him, never breaking their kiss. He felt the mans weight ease down on top of him and he locked his arms around Jungkook's neck. I should have asked him sooner.