It's watching - 21

It's watching

It was almost two o'clock in the afternoon and they had finished lunch at a nearby diner, stomachs full of fluffy pancakes and bacon. They had been lucky to find a place within walking distance that served breakfast items throughout the day.

 

Jungkook smiled and patted his stuffed belly. "This place really sticks out in this area, I'm really happy it's here." He expressed his gratitude for the delicious meal, feeling less disappointed for sleeping in late and missing the free breakfast at the hotel. The prices weren't bad, actually leaning towards cheap and not just affordable. He dug into his pocket for his wallet and pulled out enough to pay for both of their meals and a generous tip for the kind waitress that had served them plenty of coffees. She hadn't mentioned the time of day once as she refilled their cups throughout their stay.

 

"Mm," Jimin agreed, nodding. "It's a little shabby, but it's nice. Warm." He rubbed his hands up and down on his arms, not looking forward to stepping back out into the cold.

 

They left their payment on the table and motioned to the woman who had served them, bowing to her as they left the tiny building. She smiled and waved goodbye before turning to another customer she was taking a new order for.

 

The wind chill hit them both in the face as soon as the door opened. Jungkook lifted his jacket hood to try and block out some of the cold as Jimin watched him enviously. He had forgotten to bring a hoodie in their rush to get out of the apartment. He pulled the collar of his fuzzy sweater over his chin and placed his hands over his ears. The wind had picked up tremendously since they had left their hotel room and Jimin could feel it penetrating him at his core.

 

Jungkook looked over to the shorter man beside him and he frowned. Jimin wasn't dressed for the kind of cold that had surrounded them and he wasn't very good at managing freezing temperatures even when he was bundled up well. Jungkook remembered the last time they had been unexpectedly trapped in the cold, Jimin had fallen ill shortly after, suffering with a hellish flu for almost two weeks. 

 

Jungkook took a deep, throat chilling breath and pulled off his hoodie, showing his bare arms to the relentless wind. He didn't say anything, knowing Jimin's response would be to push his jacket away, and he placed the extra warmth around the others shoulders. He rubbed his hands on Jimin's arms to give him more warmth and then moved to walk beside him again.

 

Jimin stopped and grabbed at Jungkook's jacket around him. "What are you doing, it's cold?" He asked.

 

Jungkook shrugged and wrapped his arms around himself. "You get colder." He smiled and turned around to start walking towards the hotel again. "Now come on before I get frostbite."

 

Jimin scoffed at his words, but he moved his feet forward again. "I thought you didn't get cold."

 

"Shut up."

 

It was a short walk back to the hotel building and they let out a conjoined sigh of relief as heat enveloped them upon entrance. "Finally." Jungkook muttered, shivering and rubbing his hands together. They got into the elevator and Jimin let out a mocking laugh.

 

"You didn't have to give me your jacket. I would have been fine." He pulled the article of clothing from his shoulders and handed it back to its owner, who graciously accepted it. "I don't know why you did that to yourself."

 

Jungkook draped the jacket over his arms and stuffed his face into the material, replying in a muffled voice. "It's because I have a better immune system than you. I can handle the cold." He laughed at his own remark. "You need extra protection, like a baby." A soft slap landed on his upper arm, only fueling another chuckle to follow after the abuse. Jungkook poked his head up from his jacket and grinned. "You don't remember getting sick the last time it was too cold for you?"

 

Jimin pouted and leaned back into the wall. He turned away from Jungkook and crossed his arms across his chest. "That was different, it was a lot colder."

 

"Not by much." Jungkook knew that Jimin hated being picked on, but he continued anyway. It had been a while since he was the one with the ability to mock his hyung and he didn't want to let go of the chance to. "I think I'm dying!" Jungkook mimicked the way Jimin had whined through his sickness, complaining every step of the way. "It hurts!" He earned another hit to the arm and a loud huff from a frustrated Jimin. Mission accomplished.

 

The elevator dinged as they reached their floor and they stepped out. Jungkook threw his jacket over his shoulder, the warmth of the hotel making it unnecessary. Jimin was removing his sweater as well, grumbling under his breath. 

 

Jungkook pulled out his hotel key card and swiped it in the holder when they ended their journey at their room. He pushed the heavy door open. "What do you want to do for the rest of the day? Relax? That's my plan." He wondered out loud and he was only looking forward to retreating to their bed and staying there until his stomach demanded for more food. Maybe they could just order out next time to avoid the weather and it's cruel, icy rage. He almost skipped to the neatly made bed, noticing cheerfully that house keeping had paid them a visit during their absence.

 

Jungkook kicked off his shoes toward the far wall and he turned to fall into the comfortable, spacious mattress before him, a smile adorning his features. He wasn't sure what Jimin had in mind himself, what he was looking forward to if anything at all, but Jungkook just wanted to spend time with him. He wanted to watch a movie together and let go of the stress that had been piled on top of them for the last few days. He wanted to get closer to Jimin and maybe figure out if this thing they had started was actually destined to become something real. He tried to push that particular thought away, noticing it had sparked an uncomfortable situation just an hour before. He would try to avoid the topic with Jimin, even though it was just about all he could think about.

 

Jungkook looked up from the bed, his smile falling as his eyes landed on Jimin's face. He raised a confused eyebrow and he felt his heart drop into his stomach. "What is it, Jimin?" Jungkook asked. 

 

Jimin was still positioned in the short hallway before the expanse of the room. His expression was one of dread as his wide, terrified eyes watched something behind Jungkook.

 

Jungkook looked behind him. He hadn't seen anything before he had gotten onto the bed. He scanned the room and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. "What are you looking at?"

 

Jimin swallowed, hard. He placed his cold hand on the flat wall beside him and slowly backed up. His voice was small and meek as he spoke in a whisper. "You can't see it?"

 

The younger man jumped off the bed, feeling his blood run cold. Nothing was supposed to happen here, they weren't at home anymore. He made it closer to Jimin before turning to survey the room again, coming up with nothing once again. "I don't see anything." He muttered. "What am I supposed to be seeing?"

 

Jimin's face paled and he squeezed his eyes shut, wishing that when he opened them again there would be nothing. Maybe his mind was playing tricks on him. Maybe he was still tired, or the stress of the previous experiences was just getting to him. He blinked his eyes open again and his gaze fell on the same spot in the room. Jimin's hands felt numb. His mouth was so dry as he opened it to speak. His breath clouded before him. Where it was once warm and inviting, an escape from the hell they had left at their apartment, it was now cold and dead.

 

"Jimin, what is it?" Jungkook was panicking. His eyes darted around every inch, every corner of the room. He wasn't picking up anything. He looked to his hyung. "Tell me!"

 

"It's," Jimin's voice cracked and he stuttered. His words were so transparent as he whispered into the dim room. "It's her."